Mechanics of skills

Clogon

1) How does Foreign Princess work? Is it usable in pvp?

2) Is there a list of skills that work in the Arena? I know counter skills and seal skills do not.

3) What skills work when you are the attack stance support aside from seals, fairs, life or death, and miraculous save?

1. I THINK it's only for invaders and all that? It's weirdly worded.

2. Stuff that has an activation rate works (Miracle's saved me more times than I care to admit). Pretty sure the -faires work, too. Not sure if Heartseeker/Malefic Aura work.

3. Selena's personal skill works, too. Need to test if stuff that affects hit rate works (breakers, Quixotic). Pretty sure the beast's even/odd attack damage skills work, if the -faires modify damage. Malefic Aura should work, if the positioning is right.

1. Pretty sure it only works against purple ghost people.

2. The arena treats combat as 1 continuous combat that the player initiates. This is why counters don't work (because they got nerfed to not work when the user is initiating), and also why seals don't work (they apply after the combat which doesn't happen in the arena). All initiation skills that affect the actual combat will apply (duelist blow, warding blow, aggressor, etc. but not savage blow or poison strike because they resolve outside of combat). All offensive and defensive triggers work including: astra, luna, etc, aegis, pavise, miracle; with the exception of dragon ward because it requires the skill owner to be adjacent to the combatant, but the arena doesn't place the units on a map. This means anything that affects units a certain number of spaces away also do not work (heartseeker, mademoiselle, inspiration, malefic aura, charm, etc.). Breakers, quixotic, hoshidan unity, and nohrian trust do indeed work, but I'm not sure if faires work based on the weapon you have equipped prior to entering the arena or the weapon they give you in the arena.

An interesting thing that I noticed about the arena is that it seems that if you use a unit with a beaststone/dragonstone equipped that has a higher weapon rank in a different weapon, the arena will give them the weapon with the highest weapon rank but they will retain the stat changes from the beaststone/dragonstone. I assume that if this is true this would also apply to other weapons that give stat changes (practice katana, hexlock spear, arthur's axe, ragnell, etc.).

3. Pretty much any combat oriented ability (like those used in the arena) except offensive triggers will work in dual attacks.