Pointers?

PrinceArjuna

I'm still a beginner in this hacking business, and I've been learning a few things about hacking one step at a time. After reading Nintenlord's tutorial about inserting maps into ROM using Tiled Mad Inserter, I followed the steps and things turned out fine. But, I am still confused about one thing.

inserterstart_zpspdkv60tz.png

The pointers.

According to Nintenlord's tutorial, I can find the pointers in Event Reference Editor, but things got a little difficult. In the end, I just used the pointers shown in the tutorial, and things turned out fine.

inserterready_zps24ryvwai.png

So, I took the offsets of the pointers directly from the tutorial. I still don't understand about finding the offsets of these pointers. How to find these offsets?

I'm sorry if my questions sound noobish, but I'm still learning, and I wish to learn more. And thanks to all those who made all those tutorials, by the way. Those tutorials sure help me quite a lot, even though I can't understand them sometimes... :tangerinesadness:

Edited by PrinceArjuna

that one is anything you want to be. it's any pointer that happens to be in free space. we generally recommend putting it somewhere between D00000 and E00000 or from 0x1000000 onwards

that one is anything you want to be. it's any pointer that happens to be in free space. we generally recommend putting it somewhere between D00000 and E00000 or from 0x1000000 onwards

Oh, I see. Thanks a bunch! Have a Nino.

:Nino: