The genetically superior but ultimately unhappy marriages...

Grav

I married Nina to give my dragon Kana enough speed and magic to prevent a need for Wary Fighter.

Who else married for genetically enhanced Kana? How awful is your wife/husband?

(Don't get me started on marrying Inigo in Fire Emblem Awakening, that triple threat Lethality rightful King forced many of us into an unhappy marriage)

I'm planning on having +Speed/-Luck or +Speed/-Defense Corrin marry Azura!Midori for my main file (for that +11 Speed cap modifier). I looked up on their support conversations and I'm all like:

-"What?"

-"How does this make sense?"

-"They're acting like they're best friends in the S-rank support before Midori spouts a cheesy line that's clearly aimed at a lover in her confession animation!"

-"Um... that escalated quickly. And boom, Corrin and Midori suddenly get a child named Kana."

TL;DR: Corrin's and Midori's marriage isn't really unhappy but it's more nonsensical.

Edited by Roflolxp54

I'm planning on having +Speed/-Luck or +Speed/-Defense Corrin marry Azura!Midori for my main file (for that +11 Speed cap modifier). I looked up on their support conversations and I'm all like:

-"What?"

-"How does this make sense?"

-"They're acting like they're best friends in the S-rank support before Midori spouts a cheesy line that's clearly aimed at a lover in her confession animation!"

-"Um... that escalated quickly. And boom, Corrin and Midori suddenly get a child named Kana."

TL;DR: Corrin's and Midori's marriage isn't really unhappy but it's more nonsensical.

I'll have to watch that one.

Anyone else marry something crazy or odd?

Also I felt bad to have anyone marry Charlotte. Psycho much?

Peri?

Funnily enough I opted to marry her in my Conquest file wishing I could have had a more evil role.

"You have a little blood on your lips. Let me get that for you.

Mmmmmm..."

Unless someone from the Awakening trio marries another, aren't their relationships pretty sad? Either they leave their partner or their spouse ditches their own world to join them.

Unless of course, IS made canon or retcon'd by making it so that the Awakening kids (at least Owain, Severa, and Inigo) never married in Awakening.

On topic, look at male Corrin's conversation with Soleil: what romantic context is even there in their S-rank support before Soleil drops that confession line?

Edited by Roflolxp54

I'll have to watch that one.

Anyone else marry something crazy or odd?

Also I felt bad to have anyone marry Charlotte. Psycho much?

I prefer the weirdos over all else and plan to marry Peri in my next maMU run. Charlotte isnt a psycho, btw.

I married Ryoma and I'm pissed about it. I knew I should have married Arthur like I wanted.

Sorry, Thor. He is a terrible husband to my avatar.

To be honest, a lot of the supports lead into unhappy marriages. Even though I thought their support was funny and sort of cute, Saizou and Charlotte are probably one of those couples that argue about everything, only to have make-up hankie-pankie later on. Asugi is a beast on my file so... I don't know.

Unless of course, IS made canon or retcon'd by making it so that the Awakening kids (at least Owain, Severa, and Inigo) never married in Awakening.

Oh, I meant that anyone they marry in Fates' world would either be left behind OR have to leave their entire world, since the trio heads back to Ylisse eventually - the epilogues say that their spouses joined them, but I find it a bit hard to believe in certain cases, especially if they marry royalty, Xander or Leo in particular.

In the case of Revelation if Female Corrin is married with Laslow or Odin the Epilogue said that he vanish then he return after a short period to be at your side. In case of Selena the ending is generic, but is open up to your imagination.

Edited by Sieghart

That's only you since marrying Inigo for RFK or sacking Chrom with Olivia seems awful.

Pairing Leo with a loli (Nyx) or maid Sumia (Felicia) seems sad for him.

Yes and the pink hair on my Forrest certainly doesn't help his gender identity issues...

Hey, Forrest is just as manly with his pink hair than he is with any other hair color! Plus, he is a magic beast despite Nyx being a slightly better magic momma.

His marriage with Felicia is an unhappy and unfulfilled one, however.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

Hey, Forrest is just as manly with his pink hair than he is with any other hair color! Plus, he is a magic beast despite Nyx being a slightly better magic momma.

His marriage with Felicia is an unhappy and unfulfilling one, however.

Nyx and Niles are my In-laws so I kind of have odd family gatherings...

Well, two that immediately come to my mind would be Corrin X Xander and Corrin X Ryoma in Revelation. Talk about long-distance relationship...

Another one is Ryoma X Kagero. Probably one of his best pairings, but their epilogue says that even though they got along, they didn't have a lot of time for each other. Then again, I think the epilogue is copy and paste this time around, isn't it? So sorry, Kagero's husband...

Oh, I meant that anyone they marry in Fates' world would either be left behind OR have to leave their entire world, since the trio heads back to Ylisse eventually - the epilogues say that their spouses joined them, but I find it a bit hard to believe in certain cases, especially if they marry royalty, Xander or Leo in particular.

Yeah, I see what you mean. Regarding the Nohrian royal siblings, at most, I can see them visiting but not actually staying there for long term (unless they're Elise or maybe Camilla as they all at least appeared to have no interest in the throne).

Hah, I did a silly run on my 2nd playthrough.

Fem.Corrin x Gunter, Benny x Mozu, Arthur x Elise, Laslow x Charlotte (dat S rank explains how Soleil grew up).

I guess Gunter will die while Corrin and Kana are still young, so that will be pretty sad, I think, and even worse, Kana certainly didn't get genetically enhanced to compensate.

Edited by Lanko

Fem.Corrin x Gunter, Benny x Mozu, Arthur x Elise, Laslow x Charlotte (dat S rank explains how Soleil grew up).

I guess Gunter will die while Corrin and Kana are still young, so that will be pretty sad, I think, and even worse, Kana certainly didn't get genetically enhanced to compensate.

See, this is the problem when the game tries to be all inclusive and shit and not only let us play with teenage supermodels.

See, this is the problem when the game tries to be all inclusive and shit and not only let us play with teenage supermodels.

And to make things even more sad:

I heard Gunter already has a wife and kid, so Corrin is merely a lover and Kana a bastard. No money/heritage left for them either. Suck it, Corn. Old man died happy at least.

Edited by Lanko

I heard Gunter already has a wife and kid, so Corrin is merely a lover and Kana a bastard. No money/heritage left for them either. Suck it, Corn. Old man died happy at least.

Regarding spoiler,

Garon killed them both after Gunter refused the dragon blood, IIRC.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Actually, I'm pretty sure the game says they were both killed by Garon. Atleast in the japanese version.

Regarding spoiler,

Garon killed them both after Gunter refused the dragon blood, IIRC.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

If I remember correctly, Garon wanted Gunter to be his retainer. Gunter said no because he wanted to be with his wife and kid and the rest is history. Gunter also says that initially, he only pretended to care about Kamui so he could use them to get revenge on Garon and he has a very low opinion of the Royals and nobility.

I think, in a sense, having both Kanas and Soleil "marry" anyone not named Selkie/Kiragi (for Kana) or male!avatar/Forrest (Soleil) is kinda sad. Think about it, you are stick with someone you don't love (or you do love but they don't love you back) and you can't be free to be with someone else since again, you're stick with this person. You can't move from their crush (or you can't move from your crush) because you're permanently stick with them.

But hey, who cares about that when you can have Shiro as a Hero (and not playing as a female!avatar) and/or Soleil as an Sniper (and not as a male!avatar)!

I would have also mentioned Tsubaki/Nyx as well but I think the game makes it pretty clear that their only friends with benefits and nothing more.

Edited by December Knight