The genetically superior but ultimately unhappy marriages...

Grav

Marrying Ignatius for +10 DEF Kana has made me hate visiting my home. I never bond with him, so I always have to check home to see if I can invite guests because that "!" of his desired attention is omnipresent.

I realize Caeldori could give me the same DEF, but Ignatius gives better stats in general.

Ignatius, for my Corrin, is a loveless marriage made by a woman whose gifts in eugenics made her realize what was necessary for a great Kana without the benefit of Aether-granting Lucina being an obvious choice.

Rinkah!Ignatius!Kana

Hoshido Noble
Dragonstone+

Draconic Hex/Wary Fighter/Swordbreaker/Movement +1 (to be replaced by Warp)/(Renewal/Live to Serve)

That beautiful tank healer that both draws range 2 fire and heals without any regard for his own defense (he doesn't need to) is a wonder to behold.

Oni Chieftain Ignatius getting -4 damage from personals (his and Corrin's) while carrying Horse Spirit and having a General/Malig Knight Wife at his back leads to a similarly indestructible unit (even if his hit chance leaves much to be desired at times).

Honestly, none of the female children units have been that interesting, and while Forrest has so, so much to offer as a man, I just can't seem to find any appeal in +MAG Kana in comparison to what +DEF Kana provides.

Loveless in Valla.

I would have also mentioned Tsubaki/Nyx as well but I think the game makes it pretty clear that their only friends with benefits and nothing more.

How the heck did you get that? I only got that Tsubaki was attempting to ease Nyx's loneliness by exchanging the bitter drinks of their cultures. I totally did not get a one-night stand vibe.

Not going to lie, I ship Tsubaki x Nyx together so I could be looking at the support through rose-colored spectacles.

Sorry, Thor. He is a terrible husband to my avatar.

That's what you get for marrying your stepbrother :P /kinkshaming

I didn't do it in Fates, though I'm not above using Corn's naming functions to fulfill impossible OTPs such as Scarlet/Ryoma (or this) though, thanks IS, if only he could actually marry her

but I keep on marrying Chrom in Awakening for Veteran Lucina to shitstomp Lunatic(+) with

on the flip side the one run I used a custom Corn instead of pretending to be an existent character, I married Tsubaki and Kana's stats are ass

But it's ok I don't care about Kana anyway

How the heck did you get that? I only got that Tsubaki was attempting to ease Nyx's loneliness by exchanging the bitter drinks of their cultures. I totally did not get a one-night stand vibe.

Not going to lie, I ship Tsubaki x Nyx together so I could be looking at the support through rose-colored spectacles.

I was just making joke.

What I meant was that in their S rank, when Nyx turns down Tsubaki after he tells her that he has a crush on her and says that she doesn't have room in her life for romance, is that after two lines after "What about friendship? It's not like I'm proposing.", Nyx will bear his child anyway. I just thought it was weird, so I made a joke about it.

(Hopefully that made sense, I didn't know how to word it without it sounding or looking weird...)

I was just making joke.

What I meant was that in their S rank, when Nyx turns down Tsubaki after he tells her that he has a crush on her and says that she doesn't have room in her life for romance, is that after two lines after "What about friendship? It's not like I'm proposing.", Nyx will bear his child anyway. I just thought it was weird, so I made a joke about it.

(Hopefully that made sense, I didn't know how to word it without it sounding or looking weird...)

Oh.

Now the joke has been exposed and I ruined it for not getting it.

When you put it like that and after re-reading over the support, I see it now.

Darn it.

Oh.

Now the joke has been exposed and I ruined it for not getting it.

When you put it like that and after re-reading over the support, I see it now.

Darn it.

That's okay, I should have added the strike to make more clear.

I'm sorry, that I ruined(?) Tsubaki/Nyx for you.

Oh yeah

Hana x Silas

I did it for you, Sophie.

Ugh, yeah. That was my first play through. Great stats for Sophie and a nice reclass for Hana but the actual support is dismal.

Marrying Ignatius for +10 DEF Kana has made me hate visiting my home. I never bond with him, so I always have to check home to see if I can invite guests because that "!" of his desired attention is omnipresent.

I realize Caeldori could give me the same DEF, but Ignatius gives better stats in general.

Ignatius, for my Corrin, is a loveless marriage made by a woman whose gifts in eugenics made her realize what was necessary for a great Kana without the benefit of Aether-granting Lucina being an obvious choice.

Rinkah!Ignatius!Kana

Hoshido Noble

Dragonstone+

Draconic Hex/Wary Fighter/Swordbreaker/Movement +1 (to be replaced by Warp)/(Renewal/Live to Serve)

That beautiful tank healer that both draws range 2 fire and heals without any regard for his own defense (he doesn't need to) is a wonder to behold.

Oni Chieftain Ignatius getting -4 damage from personals (his and Corrin's) while carrying Horse Spirit and having a General/Malig Knight Wife at his back leads to a similarly indestructible unit (even if his hit chance leaves much to be desired at times).

Honestly, none of the female children units have been that interesting, and while Forrest has so, so much to offer as a man, I just can't seem to find any appeal in +MAG Kana in comparison to what +DEF Kana provides.

Loveless in Valla.

Well, why not give Kana that Nohrian Trust and have their pair up give them Aegis/Pavise/Miracle/Aether/Lethality as well? Edited by Pretty_Handsome

Pretty sure that Nyx ruins Tsubaki X Nyx. Really Nyx X anyone for the most part seems to go pretty dismally!

Nyx x Niles is hilarious.

Ahem. . .

Poor Hinata. First, he married Corrin because she was in danger of being single, and the next time, he has to compete with Takumi for Oboro. I mean, Hisame's amazing (except for the green hair that Corrin gave), but Hinata has to go through hell for that!

Well, why not give Kana that Nohrian Trust and have their pair up give them Aegis/Pavise/Miracle/Aether/Lethality as well?

Originally had Shelter on the build so that Kana could rescue wounded units, and allow for the trick that allows you to sing more than once a turn. Eventually found healing served just as well and that I never really bothered with the sing trick.

That being said, the build already has 50 DEF (usually more due to pair ups and character statues), meaning Kana rarely takes damage anyway, rendering Aegis/Pavise/Miracle useless, and with a range 1 weapon, Aether/Lethality won't always have chances to proc'. In PvP it would be different, but with -SPD Corrin leaving him with a -2 SKL mod, and Dragonstone+ giving another -5, I'm not sure it'd be worth it for me to sacrifice any of the listed skills for unreliable proc' skills in any other setting.

Edited by Butterfly Pink

Well one of the saddest would have to be Nyx. She is in a similar situation the two manakete were in with Awakening. She is most likely going to live longer than her husband, so she would have to watch him die, and to make matters even worst she is likely going to live longer than her children, so its also very likely that she would have to watch her child grow old and whither away while she still looks young. She probably is the most depressing character in the game imo, which is why I created a headcannon that if Corrin and Nyx get together, they dont have kids and due to Corrin's dragon blood he lives an extremely long time. The throne of Valla would be passed down to Azura's family line once all of their friends are long dead, and Corrin and Nyx just disappear. (I actually have a few pics I want to draw based on it, themed around them in different time period's clothing/styles.)

Other than that, After taking a look at the Support between Camilla and Takumi, I imagine that would be pretty miserable for him. He isnt exactly the type to be all that affectionate, so paired with someone like Camilla who is extremely crazy about whoever it is she pairs with, it would make for a miserable situation for Takumi, and possibly Camilla. That and like a few others said, anyone with Jakob seems depressing, I don't use him or pair him with anyone because he is such an asshat.

Edited by Tolvir

I've seen a lot of these when I was marrying everyone possible for my records hall in conquest.

Also Soleil asking if she can take her clothes off in my home in front of my wife... doesn't go over well.

I hate to do unhappy pairings, and do stats marriage pretty do that, I usually only marry because support, but the other day I do OdinxElise and... And... Well, is like he's marrying his lil sister and is weird, and I hate blond Ophelia, but I need to do that 'cause I wanted to marry Flora so I need to marry my dear Zero to other girl and I choose Nyx... Yes, I miss my Nyx!Ophelia ;_;

I hate to do unhappy pairings, and do stats marriage pretty do that, I usually only marry because support, but the other day I do OdinxElise and... And... Well, is like he's marrying his lil sister and is weird, and I hate blond Ophelia, but I need to do that 'cause I wanted to marry Flora so I need to marry my dear Zero to other girl and I choose Nyx... Yes, I miss my Nyx!Ophelia ;_;

Odd. I shipped Elise and Odin for the supports. They're very sweet imo.

I haven't seen much of this yet because of how I pair. But I did do Charlotte and Leo so I could have blond Forrest. It felt more like them using each other than anything close to love.

Other than that, After taking a look at the Support between Camilla and Takumi, I imagine that would be pretty miserable for him. He isnt exactly the type to be all that affectionate, so paired with someone like Camilla who is extremely crazy about whoever it is she pairs with, it would make for a miserable situation for Takumi, and possibly Camilla. That and like a few others said, anyone with Jakob seems depressing, I don't use him or pair him with anyone because he is such an asshat.

What? Takumi is pretty affection starved and makes it clear in his other supports. I don't think he'd particularly mind Camilla doting on him since he always wanted someone who both cares about him and makes it clear.

Camilla x Ryoma seems like it would be miserable though. They'd wear Corrin masks in bed clearly.

What? Takumi is pretty affection starved and makes it clear in his other supports. I don't think he'd particularly mind Camilla doting on him since he always wanted someone who both cares about him and makes it clear.

Camilla x Ryoma seems like it would be miserable though. They'd wear Corrin masks in bed clearly.

I always figured that Takumi was the type that wouldn't like any type of outward shows of affection, will have to read the S-Support again, and go reread a few of his other supports.

Camilla x Ryoma would be miserable. They make good friends, and good older siblings that would watch over Corrin, but any relationship further than that would end terribly.

Laslow x Charlotte. Soleil had great examples growing up.

First impression of Rhajat wasn't good either and I worry for anyone with her.

She is Tharja 2.0 just without the added Child Abuse. I hope.

S Supporting Anna seems kinda meh. Her supports are mainly just her obsessing over money and scamming you. I admit the S convo was a bit cute, but using the Bond feature is just annoying since all she talks about is money and money accessories. It was worth it for a Bow Knight/Malig Knight Kana though, but not much else.

EDIT: I know I could have done the same with Scarlet and my talent as Outlaw, but I already did that once in my Casual run and I still prefered the Malig Knight class.

Edited by Based Goomy

Camilla x Ryoma would be miserable. They make good friends, and good older siblings that would watch over Corrin, but any relationship further than that would end terribly.

See guys? That's what happens when you only marry a girl for her "feminine charms".

I always figured that Takumi was the type that wouldn't like any type of outward shows of affection, will have to read the S-Support again, and go reread a few of his other supports.

I mean, his whole support chain with Hinoka is him stupidly risking his life because he thinks his other siblings don't love him and he wants to show he's not useless, and the reason why he feels that way in the first place is because Hinoka and Ryoma don't really pay much attention to him, Hinoka in particular being more concerned with Corrin. He even says to Kiragi that his aloof act is just a front and he deeply cares about how people think of him. It's like a big part of his character.

I mean, his whole support chain with Hinoka is him stupidly risking his life because he thinks his other siblings don't love him and he wants to show he's not useless, and the reason why he feels that way in the first place is because Hinoka and Ryoma don't really pay much attention to him, Hinoka in particular being more concerned with Corrin. He even says to Kiragi that his aloof act is just a front and he deeply cares about how people think of him. It's like a big part of his character.

Eh, I identify pretty strongly with Takumi's insecurity and in particular his supports with Hinoka, and I don't like outward displays of affection, either. There are other ways to be paid attention to. I read Camilla's supports with Takumi as being very emasculating and he seemed clearly uncomfortable.