Where would you rank Fates (Difficulty wise) against the rest of the series?

Avalanche

I agree that Revelation is probably the easiest hard mode-having game in the series. It mostly just feels like they decided that they'd make up for not having difficulty by throwing as many gimmicks at you as possible. I'd probably stick Birthright Lunatic just above Awakening Hard, but that might be because I barely used Ryoma and have played through Awakening so many times I could do it in my sleep.

As for Conquest, it might be because I played it first, but I'd say its Hard is significantly more difficult than Birthright Lunatic, and probably harder than 6H or 7HHM, since it still possesses difficulty near the end of the game, whereas in the gba games, even if you limit yourself to garbage units, you can still one-man army the majority of the game once they gain a few levels.

But also, I'm a scrub and haven't done most of the "hard" games/difficulties, so, my ranking for what I've done is probably:

Awakening L>Conquest H>BB H>7HHM>SD 3*>RD N>SS H>PoR H>Birthright L>Revelation L>Mystery Book 1>Genealogy

I'm not gonna rank Gaiden because the only time I played it I broke it in half with Angel Ring grinding, but also it doesn't look like it would be that hard if you know what you're doing.

I agree that Revelation is probably the easiest hard mode-having game in the series.

I dunno about that. FE8 on hard isnt very hard at all. It has its moments on Ephraim route, but overall, ehh. Id have to play FE8 hard again to really be sure though. Awakening's hard mode is damn easy too. Please note that i cannot judge difficulty on the preFE6 games because i havent spent time with them/played them.

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

I agree that Revelation is probably the easiest hard mode-having game in the series.

FE3, FE8 and FE9's are much easier overall.

Also my feelings of difficulty, Conquest is comparable to Radiant Dawn, Shadow Dragon H5 and Binding Blade, nothing really compares to FE12's Lunatic yet, that being a fair yet really tough mode.

Birthright is probably around Blazing Sword, Genealogy and Awakening difficulty overall.

Edited by Jedi

I dunno about that. FE8 on hard isnt very hard at all. It has its moments on Ephraim route, but overall, ehh. Id have to play FE8 hard again to really be sure though. Awakening's hard mode is damn easy too. Please note that i cannot judge difficulty on the preFE6 games because i havent spent time with them/played them.

8 at least has moments, like Phantom Ship and the desert chapter. Rev mostly just has that one part when the Nohr Retainers join up with Xander and Leo and you've got to keep them alive and you weren't allowed to save since the chapter before.

8 at least has moments, like Phantom Ship and the desert chapter. Rev mostly just has that one part when the Nohr Retainers join up with Xander and Leo and you've got to keep them alive and you weren't allowed to save since the chapter before.

FE9 though. That game's hard mode is cheese on a cracker. Other than Berserk Ashnard, its pretty much...yeah.

For me, Conquest and Binding Blade are the hardest I've played, with Conquest being a bit trickier. Birthright was probably the easiest and Revelations was a bit harder than Birthright and a bit easier than Awakening. Blazing Sword and Sacred Stones are somewhere in the middle.

I've generally only played Hard Modes of games (H3 in Shadow Dragon's case), as well as Awkening's Lunatic. No FE9 Maniac, no FE11-12 highest difficulties (I didn't like those games enough for that), no Lunatic+.

My rough feeling of ranking the Hard Modes is:

1. Conquest
2. Binding Blade
3. Radiant Dawn
4. Blazing Sword (Hector)
(drop)
5. Sacred Stones

6. Awakening
7. Revelation
8. Blazing Sword (Eliwood)
9. Birthright
10. Path of Radiance

Not sure about FE11-12 H3/Hard, I've only played them once and not that recently. Certainly in the second half of the list, rather than the first. Aside from feeling confident about where the gap is, I could be argued on most of this list. I feel like PoR of the crazy-OP mounted unit brigade has to be the easiest, too.

Edited by Dark Holy Elf