Favorite Ships?

CWGameplay

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cousin_marriage_law_in_the_United_States_by_state

Legal in roughly half the states.

And it's perfectly fine if you don't like it for those reasons! Marrying her IS a choice, not a forced option, after all. I'm just trying to explain why some people, including the creators, don't care. ...Though yeah, I know a lot of people were surprised that they kept it in, precisely because of the way they handled Lucina x Owain.

Legal, maybe, but that doesn't necessarily mean most people here approve of it. It just means that the governments of half the states happened to.

And true though, true. I'm just surprised at how many people here ship it because it's incest. I guess I figured most people on here wouldn't approve of it.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mozu is pretty much compatible with most mates, and for the same reason: food.

Jakob and Felicia isn't exactly the best ship, for the simple fact that he treats her so badly.

Kana and Dwyer are a cute couple side by side, but I think I'm kinda biased towards Slappyface.

Shiro and Caeldori, I'm working on right now, but so far they make a great team.

Hayato and Sakura has to be at least my top 3. #pastrypals

I went with Scarlet as Kana's mother but I think I may try Anna during my Lunatic run.

Legal, maybe, but that doesn't necessarily mean most people here approve of it. It just means that the governments of half the states happened to.

And true though, true. I'm just surprised at how many people here ship it because it's incest. I guess I figured most people on here wouldn't approve of it.

State law is voted on by people in that state. If something is legal in Wisconsin, its because the people there approve of/wanted it. It's a case of values dissonance.

That's part of the reason so many people in the fandom ship/approve of it--those who grew up in areas where cousin marriage is legal see it as a normal thing, and some of those who didn't are willing to accept the values dissonance at play for the sake of their ship. Also because there was a gap between Birthright/Conquest's release and Revelation, meaning people got attached to the ship before the cousin bomb was dropped.

Also because this is Fire Emblem, which features canon half-sibling incest and implies twincest. Cousins is tame in comparison.

I feel like I've done this before in a different topic (Canon Pairings), but I guess I can post them here again.

Azura x M!Corrin - It's practically canon, but even so, they have fairly good supports!

Azura x Arthur - Past history, featuring the little boy of justice!

Mozu x Arthur - Originally thrown together for a pairup run featuring Sniper!Mozu, but it turned out to be an all right support for justice! Ah, curse my luck...

Mozu x Practically Anyone - Seriously, Mozu can go with almost anybody. I was going to put her with Xander in my main run, but she also does all right with Benny as well.

Odin x Selena- This may not be the most efficient pairing, but if one also knows of their interactions from Awakening their support is rather heartwarming.

Odin x Elise - Elise enjoys Odin's shenanigans, and it gives a blonde Ophelia!

Laslow x Azura - Two dancers, working together. Also, blue-haired Soleil!

Laslow x Mozu - It's a cute support, showing that Laslow can actually care for people outside of his teatime habits.

Laslow x Peri - The reasons are already stated, although I probably won't have a file where these two are actually paired.

Takumi x Oboro - Guess who?

Takumi x Hana - Past history where Hana and Takumi trained together before Hana bashed Takumi's face in. However, it also seems to be somewhat natural leading into their "S" support.

Charlotte x Xander - Xander calls out Charlotte for what she is, before somehow falling for her. Honestly, I'm here for the pair-up bonus than the support, I feel Charlotte's better off with Benny.

Charlotte x Benny - A natural support pairing where Charlotte can be her true self. Benny is Benny. (BENNY! GO BENNY!)

Beruka x Arthur - Beruka needs some JUSTICE! in her life, and I feel Arthur is the right man for the job. It may also give some explanation on why Percy rides a Wyvern.

Ryoma x Scarlet - It was slightly touched upon in Birthright, but it was pracitcally obvious in Revelations. Why is this not a thing?!

Jakob x Flora - Not as pushed as the above, but it can help develop Flora's character more.

Felcia x Niles - Mostly just thrown together as leftovers, but Niles can use an angel in his life.

Hinoka x Kaden - Pegasus Grooming 101

Saizo x Kagero - This may not be an efficient pairing (especially since I care little for Asugi), but I enjoy the concept of their reunion.

The avatar x Azura. Both of them don't wear shoes, and have other things in common.

Hinata x Hana because they're two skilled Samurai with the same fighting spirit. Also if both of their names and Hisame's starts with an "H" that makes them the Triple H family. It sounds great when you say their names at the same time too, "Hana, Hinata, Hisame".

Also Hana x Subaki is pretty decent. Caeldori kinda looks like Sumia with Hana's hair color.

Saizo x Kagero. Two ninjas with the same personality.

Takumi x Oboro. Oboro would kill and sacrifice herself for Takumi, can't blame him on this one.

Hayato x Nyx. Manlet x Womanlet. Also, Rhajat can re-class to her true self.

Mozu with almost anyone as Sire said.

Benny x Rinkah. They have a decent Ignatius.

Setsuna x Azama. Comedy gold. Also the Avatar and Setsuna's supports pretty good as well.

Subaki x Hinoka or Selena. Why does Caeldori look like Cordelia?

Sakura x Kaden or Saizo (for Asugi's Gaius hair)

Edited by Smog

Corrin x Azura

Hinata x Felicia - Did this as a "Pair the spares". Did not expect it to be one of the best.

Takumi x Camilla

Takumi x Oboro

Ryoma x Elise

Kaden x Charlotte

Benny x Oboro

Hayato x Nyx

Subaki x Selena

Jakob x Setsuna - So bad it's good the pairing

Saizo x Beruka - C support Aside, this one's really good

Keaton x Effie - Velouria's Perfect Hair. Also, their supports (A and S especially) are really good.

Laslow x Peri

Edited by Hunter Nightblood

Hinata/Most everyone (Tho a few like Azura were terrible.)

I actually liked Hinata x Azura a lot. The frequent appearance of bamboo shoots remind me a lot of my favorite pairing in Nichijou (Manabu Takasaki sensei x Izumi Sakurai sensei)

Nichijou.full.785444.jpg

Also, a sky blue haired Hisame vaguely reminds me of Kadaj from Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children.

Other Favorite Pairings:

Arthur x Kagero - Here, Arthur's proclivity for misfortune results in fortune, Percy included.

Silas x Oboro - This is one of the supports where my bro Silas isn't being a judgmental butt. Here, vengeful hatred turns into tolerance and then grows into love. This is always a wonderful thing to me.

Edited by JasonsOrigin

I actually liked Hinata x Azura a lot. The frequent appearance of bamboo shoots remind me a lot of my favorite pairing in Nichijou (Manabu Takasaki sensei x Izumi Sakurai sensei)

Nichijou.full.785444.jpg

Also, a sky blue haired Hisame vaguely reminds me of Kadaj from Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children.

Other Favorite Pairings:

Arthur x Kagero - Here, Arthur's proclivity for misfortune results in fortune, Percy included.

Silas x Oboro - I this is one of the supports where my bro Silas isn't being a judgmental butt. Here, vengeful hatred turns into tolerance and then grows into love. This is always a wonderful thing to me.

Huh. I can actually see that. Thank you for this.

I also like those pairings, too.

Gosh, this is too easy: Felicia x Corrin. Sometimes, I wish I can forget that I'm playing a strategy game and just marry those two every playthrough.

EDIT: In other, unrelated news, Elise x Corrin just gave me cavities. Pity Camilla x Corrin couldn't be that good.

Edited by Inference

• 1 year later...