Praise or Blame Takumi?

Flareblade

173 members have voted

1. 1. Praise or Blame Takumi?

In previous FE games it doesn't matter if your lord's the only unit alive and there's no way plotwise they could take on the entire enemy force.If you seize the throne, you win.It's the same principle in reverse.

Yeah, but then you still have to play the next chapter. And, if you lost your entire army to seize the throne, chances are the next chapter isn't going to go too well for you.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but then you still have to play the next chapter. And, if you lost your entire army to seize the throne, chances are the next chapter isn't going to go too well for you.

What are lord solo playthroughs.

If you want to get really technical, if the AI wins, it doesn't go on to the next chapter, it starts from the beginning and everything that happened is undone.

Even if it loses, no matter how many generic soldiers die, it doesn't have less units to use in the next chapter.

What are lord solo playthroughs.

If you want to get really technical, if the AI wins, it doesn't go on to the next chapter, it starts from the beginning and everything that happened is undone.

Even if it loses, no matter how many generic soldiers die, it doesn't have less units to use in the next chapter.

Conquest/Lunatic says no to Lord Solos

hell, Conquest in general says no to that.

It's a shame there's no "indifference" option. I did feel bad for him most of the time but not enough to particular care very much.

Praise or Blame, no in between.

I picked #BlameTakumi because that hashtag is more fun.

On another note, his asshole tendencies were caused by something weird. He keeps saying his head hurts because..... (not spoiling), so there's a little bit of justification. His attitude is a little asshole-ish even when he's cured, but I'm an asshole so I respect him.

He's actually a pretty good unit to use. My Takumi doubles and crits often, so I can't complain about him being a bad soldier. The only problem I have with him is that it's been surprisingly difficult to get affection points with other characters. But I think that's more of a problem with my strategies, not necessarily the characters.

What are lord solo playthroughs.If you want to get really technical, if the AI wins, it doesn't go on to the next chapter, it starts from the beginning and everything that happened is undone.Even if it loses, no matter how many generic soldiers die, it doesn't have less units to use in the next chapter.

Yes, but that is because it creates a separate timeline where the Hoshidans win that battle and picks up from there. You know what, I'm done arguing metaphysical stuff here, if I wanted that I'd be in science and not on Spring Break.

I picked #blametakumi mostly because for some reason it feels like the type of character you love to hate.

Aside from that I think it is pretty ridiculous to say that he is a bad unit, the dude just smashes through everything the moment he joins, no reclassing or babysitting needed, saying that Azama or Setsuna outclass him as an archer is absurd.

Yes, but that is because it creates a separate timeline where the Hoshidans win that battle and picks up from there. You know what, I'm done arguing metaphysical stuff here, if I wanted that I'd be in science and not on Spring Break.

No such timeline can be observed. We can confirm the existence of splits where Seth joins either Eirika or Ephraim, or where Ike either defeats or flees from the BK during the Mad King's War, but Takumi's victory causes an indefinite time loop that is only broken when he is held back.

You'd rather go on Spring Break than discuss multiverse theory on a video game internet forum? Psh, what a dork.

No such timeline can be observed. We can confirm the existence of splits where Seth joins either Eirika or Ephraim, or where Ike either defeats or flees from the BK during the Mad King's War, but Takumi's victory causes an indefinite time loop that is only broken when he is held back.

You'd rather go on Spring Break than discuss multiverse theory on a video game internet forum? Psh, what a dork.

Clearly this is because Takumi sucks so much that it is scientifically impossible for him to ever succeed at anything. Edited by blah the Prussian

I don't like him all that much, and I don't find him to be well-written. I'm not really one for hashtags, though, and hate certainly goes too far for my feelings for him.

As a unit he's pretty good but not the best; there are other units with comparable/better offence (typically due to doubling more reliably while having similar power, e.g. Ryoma) without his drawbacks (i.e. being able to actually counter more than once in a blue moon). Still better than most Archers/Snipers in the series, but that's a low bar.

• 2 weeks later...