Yet Another Zelda Game Is Getting the HD Treatment...

Randoman

Discuss. Feel free to talk about the original versions of the CD-I Zelda games as well (I guess we can make this a general CD-I Zelda discussion thread).

As someone who's actually played the start of Link: Faces of Evil, I have to say, it wasn't an entirely broken concept. If the levels were designed to be more fair and most of the difficulty was from good, challenging game design rather than tedious and unfair obstacles and enemies (like the volcano flames that'll likely hit you in the very first stage) it wouldn't actually been quite passable and could've been a hidden gem for the CD-I, gameplay wise. Well, that and change the CD-I controllers into something more traditional and comfortable.

(and yes, I know the video is an April Fools joke)

It's not real?

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Can't wait! Hype is real! *sarcasm*

If this does actually get released (and that is a very big "if"), I see people buying it just to have it. Kinda like how the "originals."

"I have an HD remake of a terrible Zelda game absolutely no one wanted!"

I honestly don't know what I'm trying to say here, haha

Also, I'm totally up for playing as a hungry king :)

Edited by Power Master

...There goes hope for Phantom Hourglass HD!

I disliked that game enough that i avoided new zelda games for years (until someone insisted that link between worlds was much better, honest.) Although honestly i really liked everything that wasn't sailing or the temple of the ocean king, it's just that those two things had such a major role that they tainted the entire game. a remake that made sailing better and reduced ocean king backtracking might actualy be pretty fun.

Edited by sirmola

I disliked that game enough that i avoided new zelda games for years (until someone insisted that link between worlds was much better, honest.) Although honestly i really liked everything that wasn't sailing or the temple of the ocean king, it's just that those two things had such a major role that they tainted the entire game. a remake that made sailing better and reduced ocean king backtracking might actualy be pretty fun.

I actually liked TotOK.

But I can see why one would dislike it. Should the game be remade, I'd say keep the record beating aspect of the temple and let players redo segments and beat records (0:00 for the first six floors was fun to do for me), but more yellow (and other color) lights are added to make it not entirely required.

As for sailing, I guess the amount of water between islands could be reduced somehow. That's all I can think of.

I recommend you play ST, because while I personally prefer PH, ST's Tower of Spirits does not mandate redoing floors and there's no time limit. There's a bit more to do on the train, and it goes a bit faster than the SS Linebeck, but it does limit exploring to an extent. ...There's also the pan flute segments which were a low point of that game.

I recommend you play ST, because while I personally prefer PH, ST's Tower of Spirits does not mandate redoing floors and there's no time limit. There's a bit more to do on the train, and it goes a bit faster than the SS Linebeck, but it does limit exploring to an extent. ...There's also the pan flute segments which were a low point of that game.

I was thinking about playing it. Then i talked to my game designemr aunt and she told me to avoid it. (i forget what reasons she gave, but i remember them being convincing.)

I was thinking about playing it. Then i talked to my game designemr aunt and she told me to avoid it. (i forget what reasons she gave, but i remember them being convincing.)

The only reason to avoid ST is the pan flute segments being touchy and gimmicky and generally sucking.

Everything else is quite amazing and worth the time imo.