Is Selena is good mother for Ophelia?

Considering Odin and Selena are two of three awakening characters, I wanted to pair the former with the latter. I'm probably not going to be using Ophelia in my first Conquest run, but even so, will Selena make a decent Ophelia?

She doesn't exactly kill any of Ophelia's mods; they're all rather balanced. Her growths are decent I suppose, too.

She may not be the best mom for her, but she doesn't make Ophelia unusable at all. She's very much viable though you might want to slap Aptitude on her.

It gives Ophelia a Magic Growth of 25%, that's 35% as a Sorcerer, without taking Aptitude into consideration. That's a bit borderline, and the rest of Selena's growths are pretty meh, but with Aptitude, she's usable. I personally did the pairing myself, since I liked the pairing from a story standpoint and my Ophelia turned out okay, but I got lucky with her growths.

Selena's actually one of the worst mothers for Ophelia, but Aptitude can make just about any pairing work.

Just remember: only Mozu and her kid can have Aptitude legitimately.

But, if you are to ask me for mom recommendations: Elise as mom for Ophelia or bust.

Since any child except Shigure, could theoretically have Mozu as a Mother, all children can get Aptitude as a skill thanks to My Castle Skill sharing. It's the Gen 1 units with Aptitude that are hacked.

Since any child except Shigure, could theoretically have Mozu as a Mother, all children can get Aptitude as a skill thanks to My Castle Skill sharing. It's the Gen 1 units with Aptitude that are hacked.

Oh. Basically, avoid any Gen 1 units and Shigure with Aptitude. Got it.

nah

Kinda sad because Selena!Ophelia had such a perfect skillset to stomp through the game, but the growth seems shaky

Yeah, unlike Awakening, where skills were a major factor in baby-making, it's pretty much a nonfactor in Fates, since you can get pretty much any legal skill from other My Castles.

Modifiers don't matter for the campaign since you're not capping. Selena!Ophelia's growths suck, especially when compared to Elise!Ophelia or Felicia!Ophelia and Ophelia don't benefit from the Merc class like she does with Troub > Strat. And of course, Odin and Selena don't benefit each other since one gives Mag when she want Str.

So yeah, Selena!Ophelia sucks.

And the support makes Odin seem like a creeper, since he kept sneaking into Selena's room while she sleeps. I was kinda disappointed in the support chain, to be honest. I don't know if Laslow x Selena is any better. I made Selena Caeldori's mother in Rev.

Laslow Selena is funny because Laslow got ripped off class wise but Laslow gey jackpot statswise

Although seriously speaking the only mods that matter is speed and proper maximization of this game is 2 children Laslow Azura Corrin

Actually i wont be surprised if Children secretly sucks because of their PS and Peri and Arthur is the best character in the game or something

Modifiers don't matter for the campaign since you're not capping. Selena!Ophelia's growths suck, especially when compared to Elise!Ophelia or Felicia!Ophelia and Ophelia don't benefit from the Merc class like she does with Troub > Strat. And of course, Odin and Selena don't benefit each other since one gives Mag when she want Str.

So yeah, Selena!Ophelia sucks.

And then the stats cap!

But really I've only bee training up to level 20/20 and I've had lots of capping. Not even with the special modifiers either.