Some guidance needed on units and alloting skills

Hello there!

Got my hands on a copy yesterday and am already halfway through Chapter 11 on Normal Mode. I realize that I have to drop some units soon but I'm not sure which ones. I also have the Miracle and Counter scrolls and don't know who to give what to who. Some guidance would be great!

Mia (Level 9) or Zihark (Level 10)

Mia has 9 strength, 13 skill, 14 speed, 7 in luck and defense and 3 resistance. Zihark obviously has his base stats.

Brom (whatever level he joined in) or Gartrie Level 15 (He comes back, right?)

I forgot their stats. I'm sorry

Mist (Level 5) or Rhys (Level 7)

Mist has 18 HP, 4 Strength, 6 Magic, 5 Skill , 10 Speed, 9 Luck, 2 defense and 7 resistance

Rhys has 23 Hp, 0 strength, 12 Magic, 10 Skill, 5 Speed, 8 Luck, 1 defense and 16 resistance.

My healers never really fight so their combat factor isn't a great factor for me. I'm leaning towards Rhys and stop using my BEXP on Mist but a certain chapter where Mist is forced has me worried.

I'm not planning to use Rolf and Ilyanna definitely. Is that a good plan? I will also drop either Lethe or Mordecai but not sure which one.

Thank you for helping~

Personally, I'd keep Zihark and Mist (the latter gets a horse when she promotes). As to the knights, you can get Gatrie back a couple chapters from where you're at. However, it'll require some shoving (only Astrid can recruit Gatrie, and she has a tendency to die if not immediately recruited). As for the skills, I can't really say.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

I'd stick with Brom-- you can do a lot with him in the time it takes to get Gatrie back, and he can grow into a really good unit. I mean, if you're lucky with his growths, he can get to be a nigh-unstoppable tank.

And yeah, you do definitely want to train up Mist so that by the time she's forced, she'll be really capable backup, but honestly it never hurts to have two healers on the field, so you might not want to dump Rhys. (and you can have her run away when you get to that point, if you really don't want to use her, but she is awesome when she promotes)

There's really no wrong answer between your myrmidons, so go with whoever you like watching more I guess.

I'd stick with Brom-- you can do a lot with him in the time it takes to get Gatrie back, and he can grow into a really good unit. I mean, if you're lucky with his growths, he can get to be a nigh-unstoppable tank.

And yeah, you do definitely want to train up Mist so that by the time she's forced, she'll be really capable backup, but honestly it never hurts to have two healers on the field, so you might not want to dump Rhys. (and you can have her run away when you get to that point, if you really don't want to use her, but she is awesome when she promotes)

There's really no wrong answer between your myrmidons, so go with whoever you like watching more I guess.

This Mist will have to fight in a late chapter so if she is weak she will be a major liability. Personally I try and get her to B rank in swords so she can use the Sonic Sword which allows her to actually deal significant damage in the aforementioned fight(having her deal with the problem herself is a big deal for me in terms of getting Nasir).

Healers are actually extremely easy to level thanks to the abundance of staves Volke (and later Sothe if you so chose lol) can easily acquisition. I have never had any problems leveling both Ryes and Mist. (as well as future sages who gain staff usage assuming you still have some of the lower ranked ones) The message is rather than using only one healer Stealing is great in POR as basically you can train units using a different EXP pool. It is my favorite tactic in POR heheheh

As for Rolfe if you don't use him you will not be able to re recruit Shion if that loss isn't big for you then do what you want.

Personally Their isn't a way to go wrong on the pick one or two section, For instance my mage is usually who ever turns out better from Soren and Ilyanna so which ever you want will probably turn out great(one play-through I even used both they both turned out well though you might gather I had some difficulties at points to to the increased squishyness). The same is generally true about Mia and Zihark. There are a bunch of viable units and if things aren't working out well with a unit I have dumped Bexp into a low level unit to make them a usable combat force.

Knights are bad in every game, but particularly so in this game where mounted units dominate. They will never reach anything aside from the odd reinforcement.

Even with a competent Mist, the BK fight is 100% luck dependent. You will always have to wait on player phase unless you dodge and start with the phase with full health. All Mist does is let you attack on turn 1.

Both are competent healers. Rhys has the superior Physic range and will promote sooner. Mist has the mobility advantage and some good supports, but I'd rather pump Tormod with BEXP for a mobile Mend user.