Do You Think Nintendo/ INTSYS Will Do Multiple Releases Again?

Truthblade

Do You Think They Will Do This Again?  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think so?

• Yes
    • No
    • I am not sure.
  2. 2. Wouould you like it if they did continue this trend?

• Yes
    • No
    • I am not sure.
    • Indifferent

As I mentioned in a previous thread, I feel that a Jugdral remake could take advantage of two routes (regardless of whether they're released as two separate games or not).

On one route, Gen 1 has Sigurd as the main Lord and Gen 2 has Seliph.

On the other route, Gen 1 has Quan as the main Lord and Gen 2 has Leif.

Sigurd/Seliph would pretty much be FE4's story and maps played straight (albeit adapted to more current, traditionally designed maps). While Quan/Leif has some new maps during Gen 1 (Quan, Ethlyn and Finn running into bandits prior to first meeting Sigurd, some maps later when they leave Silesse, and it ends with the tragedy at Yied Desert) and Gen 2 is mostly FE5's maps.

Then we get the 3rd route as DLC with Finn as the main Lord on both gens.

I would actually buy the same game three times for this. And only this.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, that's what I was saying...I think? Or are you agreeing with me? Regardless, yes, we're of the same opinion.

The contrived story and lackluster general writing seems to make people forget just how much padding there is in the game. It's not a first in the series nor will it be the last, but there are so many chapters that are just...there, and entire subplots go on for far too long, like when you're trying to find Takumi and Ryouma.

I was agreeing with you, and expanding on your point. I lot is said about how Revelations is the "golden path" and that it undermined the other two routes (it did) but the truth is, Revelation is not a good story and Conquest and Birthright wouldn't become good stories just by removing Revelation.

I think I saw someone mention a single, 35 chapter game as a good length and I could get on board with that. I'd like to see multiple, consecutive story arcs like Awakening, but unlike Awakening, have them all involved with a greater narrative.

I was agreeing with you, and expanding on your point. I lot is said about how Revelations is the "golden path" and that it undermined the other two routes (it did) but the truth is, Revelation is not a good story and Conquest and Birthright wouldn't become good stories just by removing Revelation.

I think I saw someone mention a single, 35 chapter game as a good length and I could get on board with that. I'd like to see multiple, consecutive story arcs like Awakening, but unlike Awakening, have them all involved with a greater narrative.

Tolvir and I were briefly discussing the issue with the game's stories falling short of being 'decent' considering how short the entire of story of Fates is on each path and how the game is short in comparison to everything Pre-Awakening.

I spoke on one Ost on Fates that if Fates could be anything for one game for one cartridge...

*Prologue: Events up to Chapter 6, after Chapter 5...Kamui, Azura, Felicia and Jakob leave temporarily until Part 3 of the game.

*Part 1 Nohr: Recap: After learning that Kamui has been to Hoshido and has learned some trivial information that they shouldn't have learned, Garon orders the Nohrian Army to invade and destroy Hoshido. Preparations to invade Hoshido + The Invasion of Hoshido building up to the Invasion on the outskirts of the Hoshido Capital. You use the all the playable characters of Nohr (and their children if you can unlock them during this time) during this Part. Bosses on some of the chapters include all the Hoshido Royals and their retainers + all characters you can obtain on BR/RV (you can't use playable characters from RV though if they are also obtained in CQ as well) (you don't face all of them at the same time on any chapter). Chapters 7-16. Max Unit Count: 12

IE: Chapter 8: You face Hinoka and her retainers. Chapter 10: You face Sakura and her retainers. Chapter 12 you face Takumi and his retainers. Chapter 14 you face every non-retainers/Royals. Chapter 16 you face Ryoma and his retainers.

*Part 2 Hoshido: Recap: After the invading Nohrian Army gets ever so close to their home capital, Ryoma spurs the Hoshidian Forces to retaliate and drive the enemies out of their home territory. The Defense against the Nohrian Attackers (basic as you just changed from the attacking army to the defending army). You use all the playable Hoshido characters (and their children if you unlocked them during this time) during this Part. Bosses on some of the chapters include all the Nohrian Royals and their retainers + those who you can recruit in CQ/RV but not those who show up in BR/RV (you don't fight all the bosses on at the same time on any chapter). Chapters 17-26. Max Unit Count: 12

IE: Chapter 18 you face Camilla and her retainers. Chapter 20 you face Elise and her retainers. Chapter 22 you face Leo and his retainers. CHapter 24 you face all non-retainers/Royals. Chapter 26 you face Xander and his retainers.

*Part 3 The Return of Kamui, Azura, Felicia and Jakob: All four of them try to talk both armies down from fighting by talking about what they learned and saw during their travels across the continents (mainland of Hoshido and Nohr and Valla) and when they see how futile it is they fight both armies to show that they will side with neither of them until they understand who it is that they should be fighting together against. This part becomes harder as while you get characters who can get on either BR and CQ and RV (Silas, Kaze, Izama, Mozu, Shura and Fuga and any children they can get if you unlocked them), all the previous characters you used become bosses. Chapters 27-36. You face all the Hoshido characters on Chapter 35 and all the Nohrian characters on Chapter 36. Max Unit Count: Kamui + 15.

*Part 4 The Great Reunion: Kamui, Azura, Felicia and Jakob manage to finally get both arguing armies to work together to defeat the main threat that is unseen, after they finish talking the Yato resonates with Kamui's desire to save everyone from both kingdoms and transforms into the Alpha Yato. With both armies now working together and everyone present the united army heads off to Valla. This section allows you to have and obtain every playable character that you haven't gotten yet to use if you see as fit, you also have all the previous characters you use at your disposal to play as. During this time it is: Preparations to Invade Valla + Kamui and Co. fighting off all opposition on their way to Valla. At this point you can also use the time to support and get units trained as the last few Parts aren't going to be easy. Chapters 37-45. Iago and Hans are fought as Dual Bosses on Chapter 45. Max Unit Count: Kamui + 20.

*Part 5 Into the Unknown: Kamui and Co. have successfully entered Valla but have little time to rest as opposing Vallites attack them relentlessly and become stronger as the team gets closer to their destination. Essentially, you are forced to fight increasingly harder Vallite armies in each chapter in this Part. Chapters 45-54. Max Unit Count: Kamui + 35.

*Endgame (The Dawn of a New Era): Boss Rush as you face the reborn (and possessed) parents known as Garon, Arete, Sumeragi and Mikoto in a set order before you must fight Anakos in both of his forms in order and each parent has a Vallite Army of 40 units. You face Arete then Mikoto then Sumeragi then Garon in that order (unique conversations between parents and children take place), you can make changes to your team and save during preparations but you can't leave the preparation screen for My Castle. After you defeat Garon you are sent to fight Anakos in his first form. Once again you can save and make changes to your team during the preparations screen but can't exit the screen (if you desired to return to My Castle). Before you start your first battle against Anakos, Kamui attempts to defeat Anakos to spare their allies from possibly being killed but gets knocked aside as Anakos is still far superior than them. Refusing to accept defeat, Kamui once again tries to best Anakos and fails again gets back as they can't afford to lose now that everyone is so close to victory. Seeing Kamui's sheer will and determination to never give up even if it costs them their life, the Alpha Yato resonates with the other Divine Weapons and transforms into the Omega Yato. Seeing the Yato transcend into its most powerful form, Kamui and everyone else declares that they will all defeat the Invisible King as one. After you defeat Anakos' first form you are immediately sent to fight his Dragon Form (and his core) without being able to save or make changes to your team in the process (your characters retain all their items, skills and stats that they had prior to the defeat of Anakos' first form) as now you are in the final moments of the endgame. Special dialogue for boss against the every character you have deployed. Golden Ending of RV has everyone that you have obtained up until now thanking you for helping defeat the bigger threat in an animated cutscene (just like the normal ending cutscenes of the normal three paths). Max Unit Count: Kamui + 45.

**Note: Endgame Bosses have max stats for their classes (no modifiers) while everyone else has up to 5-10 points from max stats for their respective classes. All endgame enemies have Dragonskin and Status Immunity.

Edit:

*While every character can achieve only one S-Rank Support (1st gen to 1st gen and 2nd gen to 2nd gen outside of Kamui), everyone can achieve A+ Support with others who are the same gender of their same generation (again outside of Kamui, 1st gen to 1st gen and 2nd gen to 2nd gen) and A Support with others who are the opposite gender (again outside of Kamui, 1st gen to 1st gen and 2nd gen to 2nd gen).

**Those who normally can't support with anyone but Kamui and their child can now achieve A+ Support (for same gender 1st gen and 2nd gen), A Support (opposite gender non-married 1st gen and 2nd gen and for children and their parents) and S-Support (for married couples only). IE: Scarlet, Yukimura, Flora, Gunter, Izama and Fuga. Layla and Zola can achieve A Support for the opposite gender characters and A+ for the same gender characters. These 8 unique characters can support both the children and the 1st gen characters for A and A+ Support.

**Players can choose to view the Localization affected supports or the original supports.

**Characters like Soleil can marry other male children not named Forrest (she can only marry one person though).

*You can recruit Zola and Layla if you complete the chapters they appear in under certain conditions...

**Zola (Sorcerer): Only fight the boss (Zola himself) without doing anything to any other enemy on the map. Only available while in the Nohr Part of the game.

**Layla (Dancer): Complete the chapter she shows up in by routing all enemies under 7 turns. Only available in the Hoshido Part of the game.

This is just an idea, not something to take dead seriously.

Edited by Emblem Blade

I hope not, at least not like Fates. Paying $80 for the full experience was really expensive, especially with currency change in my country, and also I was really annoyed with how it was treated as a "heavy moral choice" choosing between Hoshido and Nohr when in reality one side is so blatantly wrong and the other is so blatantly good is not even funny, heck the game even calls you if you choose Norh. And there also the fact that Revelations exist so the "chose a side" lose even more meaning.

In short, if they want to do different paths that's fine, but if they try to replicate Fates then no, gods no.

I wouldn't want them to do it again, but deep down I know I would still buy it. #HotMess

Well, it's not a bad business strategy, but if this type of marketing and format doesn't fit the concept of their next game, then they shouldn't use it, because it gives them the image of being more money-hungry rather than trying their best to put out a decent product.

If they do release multiple versions like Fates I do hope they produce more special edition cartridges I mean that seems to be the route most people went to getting the game anyway and even if they didn't they ended up buying all three versions regardless showing there is a demand for it. I do realize I'm being a bit salty here since my preorder in particular got canceled and dorked up.

I just hope that if they go with multiple versions again, with a 3rd DLC route in addition to that, they don't try to make the DLC path the "you get everything" path, but rather just a mix of locked elements that also misses part of the content. The clear favoritism of the Revelation path, from both a content and story standpoint, in spite of the route itself being clearly rushed and generally the worst produced out of the three from both a gameplay and writing standpoint, is pretty annoying and ends up hurting the base games that would otherwise stand out by themselves pretty well.

I agree, one large game would be the best option. My biggest problem with Fates was it seemed to be finished too fast. It had the same amount of chapters as Awakening, but it also lacked the same amount of dialogue and script. So many times the dialogue was lacking, especially in some of the most important parts. Why wasnt Kaze a larger part in Conquest when you are invading Hoshido? Why do the two families have barely any interaction with each other in Revelations? I would actually say Awakening had more chapters than Fates since you cant really count the first 5 chapters as full chapters considering they can all be skipped when you start a new game.

You should replay Awakening. During the entire mid-game, and even some of the final chapters, they get very economic with the story scenes. Some of the Valm chapters seemed to have just one scene before and after each battle. Fates never falls to that level, even when nothing is really happening in the story. Fates' narrative ends up feeling episodic at times though, but that should have been expected considering the writer they got.

Edited by NeonZ

I have no idea if they'll do multiple releases again. Normally I'd think not, but considering how well Fates sold... they might be tempted.

Personally, I hope they don't. I think Fates would have been better as one or two games, and I worry the series will suffer if IS makes a habit of it. But if they do a better job next time, I'll be happy to be proven wrong.

I personally don't mind multiple releases as long as the versions are different enough to be considered different experiences. It just gives me more content to play through.

I like how the difficulty was different between birthright and conquest because it appeals to the new and old players.

The only problem is managing a good story for both versions if they decide to do a branching paths storyline. I'm just praying that, if they do this again that they don't have a golden path, supreme version.

I personally don't mind multiple releases as long as the versions are different enough to be considered different experiences. It just gives me more content to play through.

I like how the difficulty was different between birthright and conquest because it appeals to the new and old players.

The only problem is managing a good story for both versions if they decide to do a branching paths storyline. I'm just praying that, if they do this again that they don't have a golden path, supreme version.

Revelations wasn't that bad since it revealed why the events of Birthright and Conquest took place and it had a somewhat different story just like how Birthright and Conquest had different stories. If at all, if a future FE game had a split story path, instead of featuring characters that you already met and can meet on the other path, introduce new characters that only show up on that particular path so you don't get poor comparisons between the same characters when you look at how they act on both routes.

Revelations wasn't that bad since it revealed why the events of Birthright and Conquest took place and it had a somewhat different story just like how Birthright and Conquest had different stories. If at all, if a future FE game had a split story path, instead of featuring characters that you already met and can meet on the other path, introduce new characters that only show up on that particular path so you don't get poor comparisons between the same characters when you look at how they act on both routes.

The story of rev isn't my main gripe with it, I should've made that clearer, but what I don't like is how from a gameplay perspective it's the best. You get the full cast, omega yato, both item shops and armouries, heck even Lilith is better in rev. Its the best for post game shenanigans since you get the best of both worlds and more.

I would've preferred it if rev had its own cast and perks,so that birthright and conquest didn't feel inferior in terms of content.

The story of rev isn't my main gripe with it, I should've made that clearer, but what I don't like is how from a gameplay perspective it's the best. You get the full cast, omega yato, both item shops and armouries, heck even Lilith is better in rev. Its the best for post game shenanigans since you get the best of both worlds and more.

I would've preferred it if rev had its own cast and perks,so that birthright and conquest didn't feel inferior in terms of content.

I can't really see Revelations as the best gameplay perspective when it's easier than the other two routes due to how many characters you can use (the only characters unusable are Yukimura and Izama while Scarlet has limited availability) alone. Conquest in my own thoughts has the better gameplay as it 'forces' limitations on players due to the mechanics involved. Birthright had some issues with the layout of maps being too simplistic which is also shared with the majority of Revelations' maps.

Yeah, Revelations did have more content than both of the other paths jointly combined which makes the split path option uneven. Gameplay-wise, I wish Revelations had a much harder in-game difficulty (ex. enemy AIs are much smarter to where you have to think carefully) than Conquest as it offers you much more content than Birthright and Conquest individually. Which builds up to how I wouldn't mind if IS made a multi-released FE game as long as if there were different paths, each path option is much harder if the details said are to be taken seriously. Example in Fates, Birthright is meant to be simple and easy and Conquest is meant to be harder, that is correct up to that point. If Revelations which is meant to be balanced between the two, I wouldn't mind the 'access to just about every playable character in-game' part if IS could make more chapters with newer maps as multiple characters available keeps reducing the difficulty (not re-using maps or altering the layout when it resembles a previous map) and buffing the enemy's AI and stats significantly (some bosses aren't even bosses even on Lunatic).

• 3 weeks later...

I would prefer they didn't and honestly I don;t think they will. I think this was more of an experiment to see which type of fire emblem game would sell better classic style limited resources or awakening style free with grinding allowed. I loved the hub world with all the shops there though maybe as a base instead of an extradimensional castle would be better. Personally even in classic fire emblem games I tend to abuse the hell out of the arena and try to promote all my units so I am unsure of how I want the series to go from here. Though if they ever do add a second gen again I would much prefer an actual timeskip and have characters who are first gen actually looking older after said timeskip.

I hope they don't do this again. I want a game that is as long as Fates, but all on one cartridge. Rather, IF they are going to implement anything from Fates n the next installment, they should introduce two new modes: Birthright Mode and Conquest Mode. Birthright mode would be easier and allow grinding between chapters, where Conquest mode would have harder and more unique map objectives with limited funds and no grinding. It would be the same story, save for different map objectives and overall difficulty.

I would hope they would have multiple paths in one game as well, like the Law, Chaos, and Neutral Routes in Tactics Ogre.

Also, NO SECOND GENERATION. UGH.

Edited by Leif

Rather, IF they are going to implement anything from Fates n the next installment, they should introduce two new modes: Birthright Mode and Conquest Mode. Birthright mode would be easier and allow grinding between chapters, where Conquest mode would have harder and more unique map objectives with limited funds and no grinding.

I get why this seems like a good idea, but personally I think we have enough modes, so I'd rather they decide whether grinding is going to be part of the main game or not, and if not, keep it as DLC and/or postgame content.

I get why this seems like a good idea, but personally I think we have enough modes, so I'd rather they decide whether grinding is going to be part of the main game or not, and if not, keep it as DLC and/or postgame content.

I would axe Phoenix mode entirely, so you'd choose between Casual and Classic, then Birthright and Conquest Modes, then you'd decide if you could have Normal, Hard, or Lunatic Difficulty. Yeah there would a ton of modes to sift through, but I think it would be cool to have two versions of the same chapter. Imagine if Birthright had a "Conquest" mode that made the bland maps way more interesting.

I didn't have any problem with it this time, but if they keep coming out with several versions it could get annoying real fast. Guess I'd prefer if they kept it unique to Fates, just like how children should have been kept to Awakening (but look where that went lol). If they put all of their focus into a single game again I'd like to think the plot could improve, though I tend to doubt it; if they release only a single game again, I'd fear that they'd revert back to the generic FE plot formula because they wouldn't have an outlet (like Conquest or Revelations) to experiment with.

I'm not sure. The multiple paths I feel should remain unique to fates (like it was unique to Oracle of Ages/Seasons), but, at the same time, I'm not sure how else Nintendo would create a game that can appeal to fans of the older games and those who started with Awakening. I personally would prefer one full game with only one version, but still had the same amount of content that Fates had. IS clearly put a lot of effort into the game, but they had to split that effort between effectively three different games, and it showed (especially in the plot). I honestly think that if they put that same amount of effort and content into one Fire Emblem game (preferably on the Wii U since we've had two 3ds games in a row), then it would almost certainly be a fantastic game.

Edited by vanguard333

Plot-wise, I think the real issue was Revelation, not the 2 way split. Leaving plot revelations and the real final boss to a 3rd route released right after the other games could have worked, but they went out of their way to make the player feel like they're missing those revelations if they only have the base game. It'd be like if in Path of Radiance, every unexplained plot point that was only fully executed in Radiant Dawn actually got brought up over and over in Path of Radiance, even during the ending.

Although, really I'd prefer if Revelation hadn't been like that at all. A third DLC -only route should have felt like an extra, not a core part of the game. It should have been a route, where, for example, a bunch of extra Awakening characters popped up. Yeah, it'd be messy, but that's my point. I don't think they should have designed the DLC route to feel like the "right" answer at all, but rather a complement, an extra.