Favorite Names for Generic Prisoners

Roflolxp54

you cant capture wolfskin in Birthright, right?

Because on the off chance that you can, I want a Wolfssegner named Wolfgang. That'd be dope.

you cant capture wolfskin in Birthright, right?

Because on the off chance that you can, I want a Wolfssegner named Wolfgang. That'd be dope.

Nope, Wolfskin and Kitsune cannot be captured at all in any route. Villagers can't be captured as well as there are only Invisible ones in the final game.

For men easily has to be Andreas, if anything because my Boltaxe-Kun turned out amazing and he was named Andreas.

I just noticed that the generic japanese Einherjar lost their numeric motif on localization. That's odd, not that anyone actually uses those anyways..

For men easily has to be Andreas, if anything because my Boltaxe-Kun turned out amazing and he was named Andreas.

I just noticed that the generic japanese Einherjar lost their numeric motif on localization. That's odd, not that anyone actually uses those anyways..

They didn't. It's just a lot more subtle. I can go into more detail if you want.

Please do so. Paying attention I can get GOro, NANAki and HACHIo but not the rest.

Alright~!

First off, table time:

NoJ           NoA
Ippaku        Ippei
Jikoku        Jitaro
Sanpeki       Minori
Shiroku       Shinobu
Gou           Goro
Roppaku       Musashi
Shichiseki    Nanaki
Happaku       Hachio
Kyushi        Konoe
Second, some explanation. Japanese kanji tends to have at least two different readings (I know there's exceptions, but being pedantic isn't the point). The onyomi is the numbers that most people recognize (ichi, ni, san, etc.). The kunyomi is the other reading, and that's where some of these names derive from (you'll see 'em when counting days of the month. . .for example, the third day of the month is mikka). I'll list which reading each number uses. More information.

Onyomi - Ippaku/Ippei (ichi), Sanpeki (san), Shiroku/Shinobu (shi), Gou/Goro (go), Roppaku (roku), Shichiseki (shichi), Happaku/Hachio (hachi), Kyushi (kyu)

Kunyomi - Jikoku/Jitaro (ji), Minori (mi), Musashi (mu), Nanaki (nana), Konoe (ko-kono)

[spoiler=Random musings]- I keep reading Jikoku as Jigoku, FML

- Why couldn't Minori be Minoru, and keep both the numerical significance AND be a real name?

- Shinobu, WTF, especially if that unit's not a ninja

- Musashi is really subtle, GG NoA

- Kyushi, translated VERY roughly, is 94. Perhaps a nod to Mystery of the Emblem?

Edited by eclipse

Alright~!

First off, table time:

NoJ           NoA
Ippaku        Ippei
Jikoku        Jitaro
Sanpeki       Minori
Shiroku       Shinobu
Gou           Goro
Roppaku       Musashi
Shichiseki    Nanaki
Happaku       Hachio
Kyushi        Konoe
Second, some explanation. Japanese kanji tends to have at least two different readings (I know there's exceptions, but being pedantic isn't the point). The onyomi is the numbers that most people recognize (ichi, ni, san, etc.). The kunyomi is the other reading, and that's where some of these names derive from (you'll see 'em when counting days of the month. . .for example, the third day of the month is mikka). I'll list which reading each number uses. More information.

Onyomi - Ippaku/Ippei (ichi), Sanpeki (san), Shiroku/Shinobu (shi), Gou/Goro (go), Roppaku (roku), Shichiseki (shichi), Happaku/Hachio (hachi), Kyushi (kyu)

Kunyomi - Jikoku/Jitaro (ji), Minori (mi), Musashi (mu), Nanaki (nana), Konoe (ko-kono)

[spoiler=Random musings]- I keep reading Jikoku as Jigoku, FML

- Why couldn't Minori be Minoru, and keep both the numerical significance AND be a real name?

- Shinobu, WTF, especially if that unit's not a ninja

- Musashi is really subtle, GG NoA

- Kyushi, translated VERY roughly, is 94. Perhaps a nod to Mystery of the Emblem?

Darn I need to pick jap back up. Every day you learn something new~

• 3 months later...