What's the point of having S class proficiency in beatstones?

shadow2mario

You mean when you actually attain S rank? For each weapon? Source?

Sorry, misread your question. I'm pretty sure s-ranking a weapon doesn't give you a crit bonus, but I could be wrong.

Edited by Matt-hue

Classes that can have S-Rank in weapons have bonuses to their base stats (Nine-Tails has +5 Crit, +10 Avoid and +10 Crit while Wolfssenger has +10 Hit, +5 Crit and +10 Crit Evade). There are also weapon rank bonuses, but I'm not sure what the values for them are in Fates.

Classes that can have S-Rank in weapons have bonuses to their base stats (Nine-Tails has +5 Crit, +10 Avoid and +10 Crit while Wolfssenger has +10 Hit, +5 Crit and +10 Crit Evade). There are also weapon rank bonuses, but I'm not sure what the values for them are in Fates.

If I remember properly...

5% hit/5% crit/2 damage is the srank boost and it's cumulative with the d-a adds.

Edited by joshcja

It's +1 damage and +5 Hit compared to A rank.

Weapon rank bonuses to Atk and Hit are as follows:
For swords: +1 Atk at C, +2 Atk at B, +3 Atk at A, +4 Atk/+5 Hit at S
For axes: +5 Hit at C, +10 Hit at B, +1 Atk/+10 Hit at A, +2 Atk/+15 Hit at S
For staves: +1 healing at C, +1 healing/+5 Hit at B, +2 healing/+5 Hit at A, +3 healing/+10 Hit at S
Everything else: +1 Atk at C, +1 Atk/+5 Hit at B, +2 Atk/+5 Hit at A, +3 Atk/+10 Hit at S

Classes with a cap of S-rank in a weapon get their bonuses automatically. You don't need to S-rank to receive them.

Going from A to S rank gives you +1 atk/+5 hit regardless of weapon type. Maids/Butlers get +1 to healing/+5 hit with status staves apparently.

Since the Serenes calculations page remains incomplete, I advise going for your calcs needs to Fe WoD for now:

http://www.fireemblemwod.com/fe14/formulas.htm

edit: wait, it's not just incomplete, there IS no calculations page!

Edited by Espinosa

Classes with a cap of S-rank in a weapon get their bonuses automatically. You don't need to S-rank to receive them.

Going from A to S rank gives you +1 atk/+5 hit regardless of weapon type. Maids/Butlers get +1 to healing/+5 hit with status staves apparently.

Since the Serenes calculations page remains incomplete, I advise going for your calcs needs to Fe WoD for now:

http://www.fireemblemwod.com/fe14/formulas.htm

edit: wait, it's not just incomplete, there IS no calculations page!

Nice link, but I cannot make out the Spanish?. Is there anything in English?

So, according to that Spanish FE site (using Google Translate), S-rank bonuses (not sure if they include bonuses from lower ranks or if it's just S-rank-only bonuses) are the following:

-Swords and Shurikens: +4 MT, +5 HIT

-Lances, Bows, Tomes, Stones: +3 MT, +10 HIT

-Axes: +2 MT, +15 HIT

-Staves: +3 HP added to healing staves; +10 HIT to status staves

The site translation, if I'm reading correctly, states that the bonuses may not be verified. Bonuses are nullified if in a WTD.

Edited by Roflolxp54

So, according to that Spanish FE site (using Google Translate), S-rank bonuses (not sure if they include bonuses from lower ranks or if it's just S-rank-only bonuses) are the following:

The site translation, if I'm reading correctly, states that the bonuses may not be verified. Bonuses are nullified if in a WTD.

Seems kinda odd that axes get the biggest bonus to hit, considering they're typically the least accurate weapon type. It makes all the weapon types seem kinda samey after bonuses.

Seems kinda odd that axes get the biggest bonus to hit, considering they're typically the least accurate weapon type. It makes all the weapon types seem kinda samey after bonuses.

Even after the bonuses, axes still have less hit but more power than swords, for instance (generally). This is actually less extreme than it was in Shadow Dragon, where axes got nothing but hit boosts. I like it quite well, myself, since it ensures that axe users don't get totally hosed on accuracy and/or sword users don't have overkill accuracy.

Also, I like how it functions with the weapon triangle: a swordmaster who obtains WTA over a B+ rank axe-user drops their hit a bunch, helping them dodge, while a tanky lance-user (general, paladin, etc.) who obtains WTA over a sword-user lowers their damage. It allows classes to play their role better with WTA, which is appealing to me.

Those are the total bonuses compared to no rank. Also, while I'd want to doublecheck, I'm pretty sure shuriken should be with lances/bows/etc., not with swords.

Those are the total bonuses compared to no rank. Also, while I'd want to doublecheck, I'm pretty sure shuriken should be with lances/bows/etc., not with swords.

Just checked in-game and confirming that swords and shuriken share the same S-rank bonuses (+4 mt as opposed to +3 mt).

Since nobody has pointed this out in this topic, another reason to get reach the S-rank in a weapon type is for a bigger advantage when having weapon triangle advantage. At S-rank, the WTA gives +2 dmg/+20 hit, which turns into +4 dmg/+40 hit when you are equipped with an effective dual weapon. This is pretty big.

Just checked in-game and confirming that swords and shuriken share the same S-rank bonuses (+4 mt as opposed to +3 mt).

Since nobody has pointed this out in this topic, another reason to get reach the S-rank in a weapon type is for a bigger advantage when having weapon triangle advantage. At S-rank, the WTA gives +2 dmg/+20 hit, which turns into +4 dmg/+40 hit when you are equipped with an effective dual weapon. This is pretty big.

Problem there, Beaststones are outside the weapon triangle.