Hoshido Noble or Nohr Noble

The Nobles  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favourite?

• Hoshido Noble
    • Nohr Noble

This is a tricky one, at least for me.

Nohr Noble has the better skills. Draconic Hex seals the win here, as a debuff to everythig is awesome no matter how you cut it (and I just thought of something; can you combine that with the Witch class's Toxic Brew skill?), and beats Dragon Ward by a landslide (oh hey, it's Pavise/Aegis for allies, with a halved activation rate... yaaaaaaaaaay). Hoshidan Unity and Nohrian Trust are closer for me, but in the end I'd pick Nohrian Trust over HUnity (I prefer the skill that gives me other people's activation skills on top of my own over the one that makes my skills a bit more likely to activate, though both are nice skills in their own right).

That would normally seal the win for Nohr, but I much prefer the third weapon of Hoshido Noble over that of Nohr Noble. Staves are much more useful to me than tomes, for three reasons. Firstly, I have a Dragonstone if I want to attack magically. Second, staves let me do healing, which is always welcome. Thirdly, you start off whichever weapon you pick up at E rank, and getting to D takes a while for me, and for E rank I'd rather have Bloom Festal and Rescue rods over the Fire tome. I can see why you could prefer tomes here, a 1-2 range magical attack is quite useful sometimes (not often enough for me, though that's probably because of the still-kinda-baffling-to-me existence of Raijinto and Siegfried and the not-baffling-but-just-kinda-annoyingish existence of Shuriken/Daggers that debuff even when they don't deal damage, as well as the Flame Shuriken), but I just would rather have another healer in a pinch than another magic attacker who can also use swords.

In terms of look, they're both alright.

Overall, I'd pick Hoshido Noble. Nohr's got better skills, but Hoshido bring staves, and I like the added utility that staves allow me to have.

This is a tricky one, at least for me.

Nohr Noble has the better skills. Draconic Hex seals the win here, as a debuff to everythig is awesome no matter how you cut it (and I just thought of something; can you combine that with the Witch class's Toxic Brew skill?), and beats Dragon Ward by a landslide (oh hey, it's Pavise/Aegis for allies, with a halved activation rate... yaaaaaaaaaay). Hoshidan Unity and Nohrian Trust are closer for me, but in the end I'd pick Nohrian Trust over HUnity (I prefer the skill that gives me other people's activation skills on top of my own over the one that makes my skills a bit more likely to activate, though both are nice skills in their own right).

That would normally seal the win for Nohr, but I much prefer the third weapon of Hoshido Noble over that of Nohr Noble. Staves are much more useful to me than tomes, for three reasons. Firstly, I have a Dragonstone if I want to attack magically. Second, staves let me do healing, which is always welcome. Thirdly, you start off whichever weapon you pick up at E rank, and getting to D takes a while for me, and for E rank I'd rather have Bloom Festal and Rescue rods over the Fire tome. I can see why you could prefer tomes here, a 1-2 range magical attack is quite useful sometimes (not often enough for me, though that's probably because of the still-kinda-baffling-to-me existence of Raijinto and Siegfried and the not-baffling-but-just-kinda-annoyingish existence of Shuriken/Daggers that debuff even when they don't deal damage, as well as the Flame Shuriken), but I just would rather have another healer in a pinch than another magic attacker who can also use swords.

In terms of look, they're both alright.

Overall, I'd pick Hoshido Noble. Nohr's got better skills, but Hoshido bring staves, and I like the added utility that staves allow me to have.

The Dragonstone's decent for defense, but being unable to double makes it an inferior offensive option. Starting at E rank is annoying, but the Disrobing Gale is a very nice Tome for E rank.

Staves aren't as great an option as they were in Awakening. The really good ones are of limited durability and you can't buy unlimited ones like in Awakening.

I like both, but I prefer Hoshido Noble

Like magic is really cool and stuff, plus the skill Nohr Noble has, but the design kinda bothers me

And I do enjoy staves + need them because I tend to build a physical team and I…sorta forget about healers whoops

The Dragonstone's decent for defense, but being unable to double makes it an inferior offensive option. Starting at E rank is annoying, but the Disrobing Gale is a very nice Tome for E rank.

If I could buy Disrobing Gales somewhere instead of having to pray I get lucky and find one in my castle, I'd probably agree more. As it stands, my Corrins have trouble dealing meaningful damage with a Fire tome, and Disrobing Gale deals a little less damage, so I'd probably have to go Dragonstone either way (admittedly primarily because of the defensive boosts, those are really useful, but that 14 might is also pretty neat).

It's probably also influenced a bit by the personal problem of my Corrins universally having craptastic magic at all times (even when I don't pick magic as the bane stat, it's always awful for some reason), so I can't deal meaningful damage to most enemies with a Fire tome (if I can damage them at all, which is not guaranteed). Staves, at the very least, can still do okay amounts of healing on a low-magic unit, mitigating my horribad magic by not using it to attack (to be honest, the Dragonstone isn't something I use to deliberately attack magically, it's there so I can bolster my usually-alright defenses, especially the los resistance... I get kinda screwed on both magic-related stats pretty often for some reason).

Staves aren't as great an option as they were in Awakening. The really good ones are of limited durability and you can't buy unlimited ones like in Awakening.

This is true tho. And a tiny bit disappointing, I'd like to buy infinite Hexing Rods, or at least Rescues.

And I don't use stuff like the Hexing Rod (its hit is awful, though it was really annoying when Azama had it in Conquest), or Freeze (outside of the one Elise joins with in Conquest), or Enfeeble (so infuriating when enemies have it, and admittedly I've used it once or twice, but I usually forget it exists), or even Rescue, very often. Mostly I just have my Corrin hold the Yato (for damage-dealing), the Dragonstone (for defense-bolstering), a Vulnerary (for self-healing), a Bloom/Sun Festal (for nearby-ally-healing), and a Physic staff (for farther-away-ally-healing).

I see your point, I think, and I'm sure that if I ever got to D tomes I'd start liking them more (though I'd probably wait for C before loving them, since I could drop a Vulnerary in favor of Sheep Spirit and use Calamity Gate and Mjölnir to wreck people like I do with Ophelia), but I just find slogging through E tomes with a weapon I can't use effectively to be too annoying for that (though on my next Conquest run, you've convinced me to drop an Arms Scroll on my Corrin as soon as promotion happens).

Hoshido Noble. It looks better, especially since I always run FeMu.

That and I always preferred having massive amounts of strength over magic and strength. (only exceptions are Grandmaster and Malig Knight)

Made my Kana a Nohr Noble though.

If I could buy Disrobing Gales somewhere instead of having to pray I get lucky and find one in my castle, I'd probably agree more. As it stands, my Corrins have trouble dealing meaningful damage with a Fire tome, and Disrobing Gale deals a little less damage, so I'd probably have to go Dragonstone either way (admittedly primarily because of the defensive boosts, those are really useful, but that 14 might is also pretty neat).

You get a Disrobing Gale through My Castle as a pretty early reward. Doing a few My Castle battles should get it for you. My My Castle's an easy seize, if you want an easy 3 Battle Points.

I really, reallllly like (Male) Nohr Noble's design imo. Black & Gold is my favourite 2 colour combination so its a given, and I like the fact that it has Tome access, especially because Corrin is mainly a combat unit, personally I feel that the Staff rank can go to somebody else.

Female Nohr Noble's battle panties + exposed breastplate area irks me, to the point where I refuse to let Kana stay in that class. Especially Kana.

But really it all comes down to your playstyle. I picked Nohr Noble to maximize the effectiveness of Omega Yato + a Magic Wife (Rhajat) to be a fearsome mixed attacker, and I love it.

You get a Disrobing Gale through My Castle as a pretty early reward. Doing a few My Castle battles should get it for you. My My Castle's an easy seize, if you want an easy 3 Battle Points.

I would rather go for a Attack/Heal-Hybrid for a main unit than someone who has to heavily rely on allies to utilize both skills of said class to their utmost extreme (Dragonic Hex and Nohrian Trust), the latter skill is only if you are a paired-up style player as it only works like that which robs you of the likes of sweeping with Galeforce attackers. Plus I don't have to worry about getting into a frustrating weapon disadvantage against Elite Ninjas (hey we have enough Resistance to tank your magical attacks with ease and have a weapon advantage against two of your three weapons) who I just can't stand pitting a unit who suffers against them unless they have Shurikenbreaker or Dual Katana/Calamity Gate to help avoid being hit. While risky, Hoshido Noble can shut down Nohr Noble's tome/scroll power briefly with Silence but it can be a well-rewarding risk if said Nohr Noble is the only real threat.

*Being all offensive oriented is ok but if you like Nohrian Trust, you essentially can't put the likes of the still overpowered Galeforce skill on the same unit which stings. Also, if one of your paired-up units is the crux of your Nohrian Trust combo and said unit gets defeated when they switch, down goes that combo. Also making a solid decision on how you build a Nohr Noble is more complex due to the massive skill pool that you have to choose from. If your are a NT user, what skills should the lead attacker have and what skills should the partner have?

*Being a mixed attacker-healer hybrid allows you more of a fluid role in battle as you're not just going to rush head in and get your face destroyed by a rampaging Berserker or Sorcerer who can tank your first blow and KO that lead attacker of yours with a critical-hit. You can Freeze those enemies and let your allies pick them off. Losing out on offensive power grants you more defensive synergy and momentum if your team can't recover from the danger once you can't retreat, Hoshido Noble can be a great healer even if they are mostly a physical attacker. While lacking otherwise in terms of overall might, you can easily stack Quixotic + Hoshido Unity with the likes of Dragon Fang and tear up anything that lacks sufficient HP and Defense.

I go Nohrian Noble for the overall power and skills only, that's it, there's nothing else about said class that offers me any more advantages that other classes can't offer. I will primarily go for Hoshido Noble not for the skills or the better appearance but for the sole fact that I'm not going to be stuck with magical glass cannons on a team who suffer from average to below average HP/Defense Growths and fairly bad HP/Defense max stats. Having a bunch of magical attackers means that the likes of Berserkers and Sorcerers/Witches/Elite Ninjas are going to have a feast of a picnic should they see my team in that condition and I can't stand that situation as I already have to cope with losses to many anti-magical attackers or all-out physical attackers who screwed me up.

*One shining example of why I hate running a team without at least 3-4 healers (Replicate-users don't count if they clone themselves). My main team (all but my magical attackers have maxed HP/Defense but everyone has maxed Strength/Skill/Speed/Luck while my magical attackers have maxed Magic or close-to-maxed Magic) I lost my Nohr Noble F! Kamui to someone else's Vanguard Ryoma (that had Strengthtaker) in one turn if that wasn't bad enough then said Ryoma demolished by all but one of my magical attackers who tried to survive against him while they were also trying to defeat the paired-up duet who were on the throne and wouldn't move so I ended up dealing with a very beefed-up Ryoma who had a Strength Stat of 55 which meant I was struggling against a hard-to-hit paired-up Throne Guardian and a rampaging all-out Prince (that had 65+ Attack Power) who wanted my head and I only won against Ryoma because my Witch Camilla and Paladin Xander had Swordbreaker equipped, Xander had Wary Fighter which also saved his life as he had 6 less Speed than that Ryoma. By the time I passed that My Castle battle, I only had my own Swordmaster Ryoma left remaining as the Hoshido Noble M! Kamui I fought thrashed both Camilla and Xander really hard.

Edited by Emblem Blade

I actually like the Nohr Noble battle panties.

Hoshido Noble. Staves are very useful and having a character as sturdy as Corrin be able to use Rescue is excellent.

Edited by Inigo Stormrage

Nohr Nobel

why

Dragonic Hex - Touch my child and you will be enfeebeled

If Dragonic Hex could stack with weapon debuffs, Elite Ninja Kamui and their Elite Ninja children with Dragonic Hex would be the 'best' offensive de-buffer units one could have in-game.

If Dragonic Hex could stack with weapon debuffs, Elite Ninja Kamui and their Elite Ninja children with Dragonic Hex would be the 'best' offensive de-buffer units one could have in-game.

legal inevitable end when

Female Corrin and any female child kunoichi can take it up a notch by throwing in Toxic Brew. And of course, there's Poison Strike and Savage Blow. There's also Grisly Wound if you're Kana, Shigure, Velouria, or Selkie for free post-battle damage regardless of phases in addition to Draconic Hex.

Edited by Roflolxp54

legal inevitable end when

Eh? How is it the 'end'?

Female Corrin and any female child kunoichi can take it up a notch by throwing in Toxic Brew. And of course, there's Poison Strike and Savage Blow. There's also Grisly Wound if you're Kana, Shigure, Velouria, or Selkie for free post-battle damage regardless of phases in addition to Draconic Hex.

If you don't accidentally KO the weakened enemy before Toxic Brew can take effect. I love and fear Elite Ninjas for the sole factor that Repli-Debuff spam is never fun to be on the receiving end of such tactics.

Eh? How is it the 'end'?

He's talking about the enemy-only skill Inevitable End (seen on master ninjas in Conquest Ch. 25). It allows the unit with the skill to inflict debuffs that stack when they normally don't stack.

Edited by Roflolxp54

He's talking about the enemy-only skill Inevitable End (seen on master ninjas in Conquest Ch. 25). It allows the unit with the skill to inflict debuffs that stack when they normally don't stack.

Ah...the infamous skill that when placed on those Hexing Rod users and/or Debuff Ninja squads results in irritating players pretty fast. I still hate that enemy-only skill since it can turn your powerful tanks that you need into fragile attackers who don't want to take another hit.

Which is a reason why I would rather use a unit who can heal and attack and not get cornered by Elite Ninjas who can counter two of your only weapons. I would rather Rescue a powerful brute who can deal with said threats or heal my allies who can still act instead of risking a possible OTKO.

Edited by Emblem Blade

yeah; as much as I'd love for Dragonic Hex + Shuriken stacking Ninjas to be a thing, Inevitable End would just make that too powerful

Iirc one Shuriken has like 1 Mt but can lower both defenses and Speed by 6 or something crazy like that.

Hoshido.

I like healing.

Draconic Hex is good, but I like a little utility.

Promote to Nohr Noble first then go up to Level 5 for Draconic Hex and then immediately reclass to Hoshido Noble. Problem solved.

Nohr.

Someone else can use staves. Staves and Dragonstones can't be forged, whereas tomes can, specially Lightning. Draconic Hex is great, specially if you apply from ranged without getting counter attacked. If the enemy has high DEF, use a tome, and if it has high RES, use a sword.

Nohrian Trust is cooler too.

Edited by Lanko

yeah; as much as I'd love for Dragonic Hex + Shuriken stacking Ninjas to be a thing, Inevitable End would just make that too powerful

Iirc one Shuriken has like 1 Mt but can lower both defenses and Speed by 6 or something crazy like that.

I'm of the opinion that Shurikens don't need any more help.

Inevitable End is cheap and shouldn't be a thing. Maybe if we had actual Restore Staves, it would be bearable, but it's just too OP in its current state.

Edited by Rezzy

There would be limitations, you can't continuously debuff enemies past the normal debuff, so my thoughts were more likely:

*While a Ninja could stack Dragonic Hex + Shuriken/Dagger debuff on you to reduce your stats by that total amount, your stats can't drop down any farther past that debuff marker. So while you can get a much better debuff rate, it's not as terrifying as Inevitable End is. IE. An enemy Elite NInjas dropped your stats down by -8 from Dragonic Hex and a Pebble, however said Elite Ninja can't make your stats drop down any further as it can only restore the debuff to full valve. So if the debuff was reduced to -3 and not -8 over time, the debuff would return the original state to -8, nothing else.

Though I really like both classes in terms of aesthetics (for M!Corrin that is. Battle panties not my thing) I prefer the Nohr Noble, with the tattered cape and gold lined over black.