Road To E3 2016: Playstation NEO, Xbox ONE 2nd gen, and Nintendo

Captain Karnage

so I'd thought I'd just start a thread discussing E3 for this year.

I wonder how Nintendo is going to do E3 this year without Iwata

What is Sony going to do about the Playstation NEO, I kinda can't wait to see how they shoot themselves in the foot by screwing over the PS4 install base

WTF is Microsoft going to do, I haven't heard much news comming out of them, (Scalebound maybe) so they'll probably have the safest E3 out of the big 3

EA is going to tells that "We will be gitting our sports games, sell DLC before the game comes out, preorder now or missout on some useless gear, and Titanfall 2

Ubisoft is going to show off a game with grafix that are way too intense for the current generation of systems and more sequils

that's it for me for now

No NX at E3 this year

Edited by Captain Karnage

Supposedly Microsoft is trying to do the same thing as Sony with the Xbox One not sure how that's gonna turn out for them. Nintendo its anyone's guess what they are gonna do I'm just begging that they do NX right and not make it too underpowered and give it a standard architecture easy to program for so they can get third party support.

Supposedly Microsoft is trying to do the same thing as Sony with the Xbox One not sure how that's gonna turn out for them. Nintendo its anyone's guess what they are gonna do I'm just begging that they do NX right and not make it too underpowered and give it a standard architecture easy to program for so they can get third party support.

I think if they keep doint the whole upgraded console thingy I'll just move over to PC

same Nintendo needs to make a decent system, these game droughts are worse than the whole summer games drought

All I really want to know was what the NX is and maybe Zelda subtitle?

Will see if Sony you can be the console front runner after this debacle. We got the Neal we got Morpheus I wonder what's going to Trinity...

I really do not care even in the slightest about what Microsoft is doing and haven't since I stopped caring about Halo.

Nintendo just make sure that the ends NX as powerful as the Neo (or at least close) please, third parties have to want to make games for you, if you haven't learned this from Sony this generation (seeing as though they are the console frontrunners with little to no exclusives) I don't know if you ever will. But Nintendo lives in their own little world so who knows what they're doing.

Edited by Locke087

Zelda Wii U should be an absolute given for E3 this year. Aonuma has kept us fans waiting too long after all the teasers. He HAS to show us a real trailer at least!

I imagine Nintendo will probably make announcements about the NX and Zelda U and apart from that probably revealing some new stuff.

Sony I don't know about, I haven't followed Sony in years

Microsoft I don't know about, I've never followed Microsoft.

well I hope you weren't expecting a big E3 presence from Nintendo

Zelda Wii U will be the only Wii U game at Nintendo's E3

my thoughts

The Wii U is dead bro

I really hope the Treehouse this year isn't 24/7 Zelda Wii U considering some unplayable games did make it on their showcase. I think I might get bored to death and watch the Sony and Microsoft stuff.

Phil Spencer has openly denied the presence of a "Nextbox" of any kind. And I'm glad for that; it would just split the userbase. I'm surprised Sony is even trying to do this, considering the Nu3DS did relatively lackluster sales-wise.

Anyway, I can't wait for the outlets to start eating up everything Sony gives them and say it was "hype as ****" while shitting on virtually every other conference, aka what's happened the past three years. Honestly, people treat E3 like it's freaking Christmas, and then act like spoiled kids when they don't get what they want.

Edited by The DanMan

Honestly, I don't mind if Nintendo's role in this E3 is smaller.

I mean, if right now, they don't anything else to show, it's better that it is something small but full content rather than something big and empty.

Take the Microsoft's Xbox presentations for example, I remember them trying hype up the audience but fail miserably to the point that it's awkward to watch.

Edited by Water Mage

I don't want it to just be Zelda Wii U and NX stuff... What about new 3DS games and NX launch titles? There's plenty Nintendo could give us. But Zelda Wii U being the main focus, I'm fine with.

Not expecting much this E3 honestly.

Sony:

KH3, where you be?

More reasons to get a PS4.

Microsoft:

Don't care honestly(no offense, but I'm not a big fan of Microsoft. I can respect them though......somewhat).

Nintendo:

......Tokyo Mirage Sessions FE and Azure Striker Gunvolt 2...maybe? Kriby Planet Robobot. DLC for...well, whatever game. Can't think of much else right now...

I don't want it to just be Zelda Wii U and NX stuff... What about new 3DS games and NX launch titles? There's plenty Nintendo could give us. But Zelda Wii U being the main focus, I'm fine with.

Ditto.

We might still get a Digital Event(Direct)...or whatever it's called, I kinda forgot. Either way, there's still a chance we'll get some other stuff. Although, if it consists a lot(or mostly) of Zelda Wii U info, I'm totally fine with that(considering the dry well of info about that dang game)!

I'm hoping for Dragon Quest XI info

...Shhh I can dream okay ;~;

We might get some info on Dragon Quest in-general, so there is at least that.

Also, Dream on my friend, it can come true...(if we can get DLC for Smash 4, especially stuff like Ryu and Cloud, and somehow get the first Japanese-only Mother game, EarthBound Beginnings, come to the US, the possibilities are there......but if we ever get Mother 3 over here, anything is possible my friend).

Edited by Busterman64

so I'd thought I'd just start a thread discussing E3 for this year.

I wonder how Nintendo is going to do E3 this year without Iwata

What is Sony going to do about the Playstation NEO, I kinda can't wait to see how they shoot themselves in the foot by screwing over the PS4 install base

WTF is Microsoft going to do, I haven't heard much news comming out of them, (Scalebound maybe) so they'll probably have the safest E3 out of the big 3

EA is going to tells that "We will be gitting our sports games, sell DLC before the game comes out, preorder now or missout on some useless gear, and Titanfall 2

Ubisoft is going to show off a game with grafix that are way too intense for the current generation of systems and more sequils

that's it for me for now

No NX at E3 this year

I think the Playstation Neo is going to fail. Everyone is comfortable with the PS4 as far as I know, and the Neo is going to run the same games at higher capabilities. The only thing the Neo will really be marketable to is your hardcore gamers that already own their super computers and talk about their 1080p resolution, since no one else will really want, nor be able to afford, a new system only 2 or so years after the release of the previous.

I am really, really hoping for some news on Cyberpunk 2077. CDprojekt Red just now started its production, but it would be nice to see some news on the game since its been 4 years since its announcement and no response since.

Playstation/Square Enix will likely give more information out about Final Fantasy 7 remake, possibly including an official release date on the first game, some details on the new Combat System, an official name, and just how many games they are going to split the original into.

Nintendo, while they said they will mostly cover Zelda, will likely go over some smaller things like the announced mobile games for Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing, official release date for the new Fire Emblem Fates DLC in the west, and any other smaller titles. I am hoping for an announcement of a western release for Fire Emblem Fates soundtrack, but that is more likely for a Direct than an E3 announcement.

Bioware will release more info on Mass Effect 4, Bethesda will go over the unannounced DLC for Fallout 4 and possibly an Elder Scrolls 6, Square Enix will throw more out there before Deus Ex Mankind Divided's release, and some various new games announced. I dont expect anything as big as the FF7 Remake announcement or Fallout 4 announcement from last year though.

Edited by Tolvir

The peculiar thing here is that Sony basically laid out the cards on their table with the virtual reality stuff. It's to be seen how successful and good it is, and we've yet to see what Microsoft and Nintendo have planned in response.

VR for Nintendo seems like a natural step from how they've tried to innovate on human computer interaction in the wii and wii u.

I personally don't care about E3 much. I only watch Nintendo's stuff live, because I watch their directs and it's basically just a slightly larger direct.

gamexplain just reported on it

So the entire E3 will literally be just Zelda... that's underwhelming... but I'll be playing Kirby: Planet Robobot during that time, so it's cool.