Quick question regarding DLC.

Flareblade

I have yet to download any DLC for Fates, but when I eventually do, will I have to buy it twice if I have separate carts? For example, if I bought Ballistician Blitz on my Birthright cart, will I have to pay for it again on my Conquest cart?

I have yet to download any DLC for Fates, but when I eventually do, will I have to buy it twice if I have separate carts? For example, if I bought Ballistician Blitz on my Birthright cart, will I have to pay for it again on my Conquest cart?

I think it is tied to the 3DS.

For Awakening, I was unable to play my DLC on a different 3DS than the one I originally bought it on.

That's kind of the opposite of what you asked, but I think the inverse applies.

I'm guessing not. Since both games identify as Fire Emblem Fates. Though I'd not know at all due to having no access to Fates.

However since we're on the topic of Fates' DLC, I'd like to add to your question with one I have.

Since the Before Awakening reward items are one-time use items, do you get access to reclass back into the classes they provide with a different seal if you reclass out of them or not?

I'm guessing not. Since both games identify as Fire Emblem Fates. Though I'd not know at all due to having no access to Fates.

However since we're on the topic of Fates' DLC, I'd like to add to your question with one I have.

Since the Before Awakening reward items are one-time use items, do you get access to reclass back into the classes they provide with a different seal if you reclass out of them or not?

Yes, for the cases of DLC classes, your unit can use the Heart Seal to go back to a DLC class if the unit has reclassed to that DLC class before.

ie. Your Azura used a Witch's Mark to be a Witch. Later, you Heart Seal'd back into Songstress. You can use another Heart Seal to go back to Witch later.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Yes, for the cases of DLC classes, your unit can use the Heart Seal to go back to a DLC class if the unit has reclassed to that DLC class before.

ie. Your Azura used a Witch's Mark to be a Witch. Later, you Heart Seal'd back into Songstress. You can use another Heart Seal to go back to Witch later.

That's been bothering me for a while and it's put my unease to rest. You have my gratitude.