Create a (Personal) Skill!

Xenomata

• [*]
Dynamic Combat: All attacks are reduced to 1/4th power, but number of attacks increased to 4 per single attack. (could also make a variant that cuts attack power in half but doubles number of hits, but... I dunno.)
This could be useful for less than perfect hit rates.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what if royals have special skills relating to their divine weapons?

Takumi - Whirlwind Sprint: +15 Avoid when wielding Fujin Yumi

Ryoma - Lightning Fury: +15 Crit when wielding Raijinto

Xander - Shadow Veil: -5 damage taken and +20 Crit Evade when wielding Siegfried

Leo - Primal Rage: +7 damage dealt and +20 Hit when wielding Brynhildr

Corrin - Fated One: allows the use of other divine weapons with halved Might

Edited by singularity

Okay, for a little bit of backstory, I'm trying to work on this little story of mine, and the personal skills I've been thinking about are kinda based on the main characters I've in that story (which by the way I don't have anywhere on the internet).

I kinda sorta have around 30 main characters, so... yeah. Does it help that I have the characters in 5 separate sets of 6?

...so anyways...

[spoiler=Set 1]

• Royal Forge: When using weapons other than swords or lances, gain +1 Damage dealt and -1 Damage taken. When using swords or lances, gain +10 crit, +10 Avoid, and +3 effective speed.
  • Spliced Flame: When attacking up close, Damage +1 and Crit +20. When attacking from a distance, burn the target enemy for 10% of their hp after combat.
  • Tricky Trap: Use the "Trap" command to place a trap on the ground within 4 tiles of the unit. If any units aside from this unit step within 2 tiles of the trap (as in, even if they are not landing on any of the tiles themselves but pass through them), they will be immobilized, preventing movement for one turn and dropping their Avoid by -20.
  • Shadow Princess: If this unit gains stat debuffs after combat, immediately removes all debuffs to one stat and places them on the offending enemy unit.
  • Clean Combatant: If fighting a unit who has not been debuffed, Damage +2 and Damage Taken -2. If fighting a debuffed opponent, this unit cannot inflict critical hits on that opponent.
  • Mystic Magic: Use the "Mystic" command to redistribute all of this units stats until the end of battle, including debuffs. A single stat can never go below the classes base stats, but can go higher than the units stat caps.

[spoiler=Set 2]

• Spirit Carrier: When attacking and defeating a foe, gain the option to retrace the steps of this unit, allowing them to go as far back as their original starting point when their turn began.
  • Frostpoint: Use the "Frost" command to select an enemy unit within 2 spaces to immobilize, lowering Movement to 0 and decreasing avoid by 20. If this command is used, magic is cut in half until the next battle this unit is involved in.
  • Explosive Arts: Use the "Bomb" command to throw an explosive up to 3 tiles away, damaging all units within 2 tiles of the selected tile (including ally units and even this unit). Damage is based on (Str+Mag)/2, and the defense of enemies is based on (Def+Res)/2.
  • Call to Action: At the beginning of this units teams phase, all Rally skills this unit possesses are automatically used. All support skills aside from Rally skills have their effects doubled.
  • Electromagnetic Pulse: When using Magic Weapons (Levin Sword, Leo's Iceblade, Bolt Axe, Bolt Naginata, Flame Shuriken, Felicia's Plate, Shining Bow), Damage +4 and gain the ability to Crit and activate offensive skills.
  • Psychic Grab: use the "Psychic" command to select an area within 6 tiles of this unit to grab any units from, then select an area near this unit to place them.

I'll come back to this later when my brain power isn't being used to make sure I don't sneeze all over my laptop screen... stupid allergies...

what if royals have special skills relating to their divine weapons?

Takumi - Whirlwind Sprint: +15 Avoid when wielding Fujin Yumi
Ryoma - Lightning Fury: +15 Crit when wielding Raijinto
Xander - Shadow Veil: -5 damage taken and +20 Crit Evade when wielding Siegfried
Leo - Primal Rage: +7 damage dealt and +20 Hit when wielding Brynhildr
Corrin - Fated One: allows the use of other divine weapons with halved Might

You know, there really isn't a reason for Xander and Ryoma to use anything except their personal weapons already, and Leo and Takumi are already pretty set on life with their personal weapons.

Those skills would make using any other weapon redundant.

I like it.

Edited by Xenomata

Not the best but here are some I thought of:

Unfair Advantage: +5 dmg to enemies with a lower level.

Silver Tongue: -30 Avoid to adjacent enemies and -5 dmg dealt to unit.

Prankster: Luck% chance to apply a random staff effect

Alright, allergies got my eye sealed shut but i'm no longer sneezing my brain out, time for sets 3-5!

[spoiler=Set 3]

• Time Hold: Use the "Time Hold" command to select a 3x3 square area of tiles on the map to seal off. All units in the area cannot act or activate skills, units outside the area cannot interact with or pass through the units and area sealed off, effects that would normally wear off as time goes by (stat debuffs) will not go down, and the units sealed off cannot have outside skills, staves, or map effects be used on them. The seal will disappear at the beginning of the next turn and cannot be used for another 2 turns.
  • Magic Trick: Use the "Magic" command to select either Hp, an items, or skill and randomly change them to something else. HP will always be a random value, the item, if a weapon, will change to a weapon of that type and of similar weapon rank, and the skill is purely random. This skill cannot be selected for change, and all changes will revert to their original forms after battle.
  • Snipe Shot: Damage +4, Hit+25, Crit +20, and skill activation +10% when using a Spy Shuriken or Spy Yumi.
  • Double Contract: If this units hp is less than 50% and they are in guard stance, shield gauge gain is doubled and will not deplete over time. When the support unit blocks an attack, they will take 10% damage after combat (they cannot die to this damage taken). Does not matter if this unit is the lead or not.
  • Puppet Master: Use the "Puppet" command to make this unit immobile, reduce their avoid by 20, and unable to counter-attack, but create a puppet unit, up to 3 per battle. Each puppet is their own unit and does not share hp with the master unit, but copies the master units inventory and skills. Items the puppet units obtain are automatically sent to the convoy, and any exp the puppet units gain are given to the master unit. Their stats are equal to the master units -3 per puppet unit on the field. If a puppet is killed, the master unit takes 40% damage; if all 3 puppets are killed, the master unit is killed, regardless of how much hp they have. If all puppet units on the field are killed but the master unit does not die, the master unit can move and attack again.
  • Transforma!: Use the "Transforma" command to automatically recover 100% hp, increase all stats by 6, movement by 2, luck by 10, and allow the unit to move and act twice per turn, including the turn the command was used. Attacks will have pink explosion effects on contact. Effects wear off after 3 turns. The command can only be used once per battle.

[spoiler=Set 4]

• Necromancy: After at least one unit is killed on the map, use the "Undead" command to take 20% damage and revive the last unit killed. This unit will become the support unit with the revived unit. The revived unit will have their stats, skills, and inventory intact and can trade with ally units. The revived unit will disappear after battle. In battle, the revived unit will have the Vallite Units effects applied to their model.
  • Yggdrasil: When on wilderness-related terrain, gain -5 damage taken and recover 20% hp at the beginning of this units turn.
  • Combat Splice: Unit deals -5 damage but can use swords, lances, axes, bows, knives, and tomes in any class.
  • Skylight: When it is day, Damage +3 and Crit +15 but Damage taken +1 and avoid -5. When it is night, Damage taken -3 and Avoid +15 but Damage -1 and Crit -5. When it is sunset or sunrise, all positive effects are applied and are doubled.
  • Close Combat: Unit can never attack at a distance, but has +20 Avoid, +20 Hit, and +20 Crit when fighting against units equipped with weapons with more than 1 range.
  • Eternal Wish: When the unit "waits" on the same tile they began their turn on, all ally units on the map gain +2 to all stats and recover 10% hp.

[spoiler=Set 5]

• Cynical Heart: This unit and their support partner gain +5 damage, -5 damage taken, and +2 all stats when this unit is supported by a randomly selected unit on the map, decided after battle preparations. (Does not tell you which unit, you simply need to find the unit who gets an extra +2 all stat seemingly randomly)
  • Passionate Heart: If this unit is at 50% hp or less, this unit gains Avoid +10 and the area within 2 tiles of this unit will grant Damage taken -4 and HP recovery 30% to ally units. Enemies, both at the start of their turn and after combat, will lose 20% hp and Damage taken +3.
  • Wandering Heart: Gain +1 damage and +2 Hit for every tile not traveled out of this units movement stat. Damage taken -1 and Avoid +2 for every tile traveled.
  • Servitude Heart: When using staves, range is increased by 1 and targeted unit gains +3 to Defense and Resistance. When using Rods, effects are multiplied by x1.2 and targeted unit receives +3 to Speed and Resistance. Luck% chance to not decrease Staff/Rod durability.
  • Guardian Heart: When an attack is guarded in Guard Stance, the ally this unit is supporting will recover 30% Hp.
  • Dreaming Heart: When this unit is battling unsupported, Magic x1.0 percentage chance of creating a clone of this unit to act in Attack Stance.

Edited by Xenomata

Transforma!: Use the "Transforma" command to automatically recover 100% hp, increase all stats by 6, movement by 2, luck by 10, and allow the unit to move and act twice per turn, including the turn the command was used. Attacks will have pink explosion effects on contact. Effects wear off after 3 turns. The command can only be used once per battle.

Galeforce though...