Gay Marriage and Adoption

Vere

While I dont know if this is stated on FeMU x Rhajat's credits, I do know that MaMU x Niles end credits state that they adopted children. So i was wondering, why couldnt they let us adopt children in game? It could be like, once they reach S support, you get a randomly generated Villager as your child in an easy prologue. As for what's randomly generated, it would be their cloak color, hair color, name, secondary class, gender. Kinda like a bond unit. It would automatically come with A support from the parents (as it wouldnt feel right if they had the same support for every possible adopted child they could get) but they could also get married (because a support convo here could easily be more generic). Thoughts?

They should have just used the Bond Unit mechanic to introduce all children, in my opinion. They are irrelevant anyways and it would have been better than the Deepbolic Hyperrealm. Here is how it would go:

"Hey <insert character>, where did that kid that has your and <insert partner's name> hair color and features come from?"

"Oh? They came after me and <insert partner's name> threw presents at each other and Lord Corrinmui listened in on all our private conversations."

Edited by SaiSymbolic

If the children were spawned like bond units, with the usual perks and whatnot of being children (class inheritance, growths, etc.), I think that would be a fair compromise.

Hell, make 'em apprentices or something.

I actually like this idea. Honestly, anything is better that the Deeprealm gimmick we got <.< At least Awakening didn't make it horrible and weird, and it, you know, made sense with the plot?

I do think keeping the inheritance would be nice, but not have hard set appearances and stuff like that. Honestly if the inheritance part was removed I think it'd just end up with kids either not being in the game or few people caring to take the time to get them.

Assuming children are even canon. I mean, they have no relevance to the plot.

My friend tells me that Shigure has some significance to the endgame of Revelation. I'm not sure if he's telling the truth, but he says that Shigure sings a verse of the endgame boss music with Azura. If that is the case though, I'd like to hear it. Point being, they may have relevance to the plot.

I didnt notice anything at all significant with Shigure in revelations ending.

About the adoption thing while it is not very responsible to get preggo in the middle of a war and put your kids in mini time chambers its even more irresponsible to adopt a kid and then do that exact same thing. Waiting until the war was over is the right thing for them to do. -_- a temporary peace and time skip would have been better than what we got with the time chamber babies anyways.

Of course it is ALSO a bad idea to wait until you are facing a fire breathing dragon to tell your husband you are pregnant... XD

My friend tells me that Shigure has some significance to the endgame of Revelation. I'm not sure if he's telling the truth, but he says that Shigure sings a verse of the endgame boss music with Azura. If that is the case though, I'd like to hear it. Point being, they may have relevance to the plot.

That's in the Heirs of Fate DLC, I think.

That's the Heirs of Fate DLC, not Revelation. So no, they aren't relevant.

About the adoption thing while it is not very responsible to get preggo in the middle of a war and put your kids in mini time chambers its even more irresponsible to adopt a kid and then do that exact same thing. Waiting until the war was over is the right thing for them to do. -_- a temporary peace and time skip would have been better than what we got with the time chamber babies anyways.

It's even worse when it's Femui and Azura, who do this twice.

This is why I refuse to consider the kids canon. Or at least, the kids being born in the game canon. I'm fine with them being born/adopted after, but during is too stupid for my suspension of disbelief to hold.

I think Niles and Rhajat should've had an associated adopted child to go along with them. That way, even if you won't get Kana/Nina, you'd still get a child that is actually 'relevant' to the person you married. Inheritance would work the same, minus hair color. I've played around with this idea before, and even designed one for Niles. I don't recall her name, but she was an onmyoji originally from Hoshido who got stuck in Nohr after her parents died. She was bookworm-y and sweet. That's about as far as I got though. I did draw a portrait for her but I was pretty unsatisfied with it.

For the adoption route I think the apprenticeship idea would be good. For example have some kid who's orphaned and extremely poor, resulting into them becoming a thief, and Corrin could just adopt that said child becoming their parent as well as trainer. It's very generic but it makes much more sense than the deeprealm shenanigans. The child can have fixed stats or they could inherit the parents stats which still makes sense because it could be explained through them picking up on their parents habits and fighting styles.

For the adoption route I think the apprenticeship idea would be good. For example have some kid who's orphaned and extremely poor, resulting into them becoming a thief, and Corrin could just adopt that said child becoming their parent as well as trainer. It's very generic but it makes much more sense than the deeprealm shenanigans. The child can have fixed stats or they could inherit the parents stats which still makes sense because it could be explained through them picking up on their parents habits and fighting styles.

Yes.

The Bond Unit thing is more for laughs. I would prefer the apprenticeship system.