Writing question

Deity

Hey, I was simply wondering about this. If I write a story here, is it possible to tell people not to comment on it? Or do all stories have to be open for comments.

The thing is, I hate it when people go into your stories and tell you that your writing is not good and stuff. I like good appreciative comments like: Good job, the story is coming good, keep it going, or Nice, keep this story coming, etc.

So yeah, I was simply wondering.

I do not know if there is any actually system to stop people posting in your work. However, if you say in you topic that you do not wish for anyone to post in it, I'm sure that at least mature members will respect your wishes.

I hate it when people go into your stories and tell you that your writing is not good and stuff. I like good appreciative comments like: Good job, the story is coming good, keep it going, or Nice, keep this story coming, etc.

In other words: You cannot handle criticisms. If you get spam comments or pure flames, you report them to a mod: But if you get a criticism, you should respect the opinions of other or even take into account the idea that they critic might actually be on to something, in which case they are helping you greatly.

Praise and "good" comments might give you an ego boost, but a truthful comment might actually help you improve. I recommend that you change your view on comments that do not praise you.

P.S: I am fully aware that you a probably referring to me when you talk about negative comments.

Edited by Shuuda

I can handle criticism, yet I opt not to have my stories criticized, as I myself dont go into a member's story and criticize, I simply go in, read the damn thing and if I like it I leave a comment, though never criticize.

Criticizing someone's work can be troublesome, that is why I do not do that. I mean, lets face it, not everyone here uses my style of writing, which is one I have been developing well over five years now. And so I simply live and let live.

I can handle criticism, yet I opt not to have my stories criticized, as I myself dont go into a member's story and criticize, I simply go in, read the damn thing and if I like it I leave a comment, though never criticize.

If that is the case, then the best thing I can think of is just stating that you do not wish to have comments at the start or end of your topic.

It's one thing for someone to say: "Your story just fucking sucks. And you suck by association."

But it's another thing for someone to say: "Well I didn't like this so much, and here's how I would change it."

Personally I'm open to CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. I think it's important for a writer to be that way. But if someone does the previous statement, they should be verbally warned.

So I guess its okay to leave a warning in your story about no comments?

I'll wait until this is settled with someone who is Ad, or Mod. I mean, I really wanna write something down, but I opt not to have people comment on it whether its good or bad feedback, just to avoid further troubles down the road.

I would be happy to lock a topic to keep others from replying.

Until you become a Heron, you'd have to ask a mod to open/close it when you want.

Hm, well, I really appreciate your help, Metal, but I had a change of mind. My mother, I asked her about this deal and she said that how would I know if my stories are good if I wont let anyone reply a comment. She sorta sermoned me, and so, well, I guess I'll write somn and leave the story open to whoever wants to say something, good or bad.