The Official Ultima Super Battle Cruise Fortress Topic Deluxe!

Metal Rabbit

• Replies 44.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Metal Rabbit

• Masu

• noremaC

• Liz

Again, just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should

I have no problem with you venting. But today you made one topic venting about one part of Tos2, and then five minutes later you made a completely new one about something different that you didn't like. Meanwhile, you have about 5 other topics from the previous days, talking about something else you didn't like about Tos2. If you just had one big ranting topic about Tos2, and marked it with spoilers, I'd have no problem here.

I have no probelm with the Attn topics. I use those myself all the time.

Everyone gets made fun of in this place. No one here seriously insults people. Those who do are banned.

*looks away*

Uhhh... I didn't do that, I swear!

*wears glasses*

Lyle, if you do have a serious thread to make that won't fit anywhere but FFtF, why don't you try general or creative? What kinds of serious threads are you talking about?

*looks away*

Uhhh... I didn't do that, I swear!

*wears glasses*

Lyle, if you do have a serious thread to make that won't fit anywhere but FFtF, why don't you try general or creative? What kinds of serious threads are you talking about?

Well nothing really specific. but like the Tournament topics that are made, always get riddled with insane ramblings about nothing. I know that that's not in FFtF, but cut me some slack. If you're really insiting on me making a link between the tournaments and FFtF uber spamminess, I guess I cauld say that I feel like bad habits are spilling over form FFtF.

Look at the twins. Don't get me wrong, I love them to death, but in the two-three weeks they've been here their post-count has skyrocketed. It took me 4 weeks just to be able to change 'Member' into 'The Dual Wielding Noble' or whatever. I remember when Shadrach had his entire postcount removed for spamming too much. I'm certainly not suggesting we remove posts from people, I just think there needs to be a little more restraint from the users. The mods and admins are doing a good job, it's just that we need to understand the rules as well. We can't rely on them to move or delete every topic. People should be aware enough so that they don't make stupid mistakes like that.

Don't get me wrong, I love everyone here, I just think there needs to be a little more restraint from the users.

Well nothing really specific. but like the Tournament topics that are made, always get riddled with insane ramblings about nothing. I know that that's not in FFtF, but cut me some slack. If you're really insiting on me making a link between the tournaments and FFtF uber spamminess, I guess I cauld say that I feel like bad habits are spilling over form FFtF.

Look at the twins. Don't get me wrong, I love them to death, but in the two-three weeks they've been here their post-count has skyrocketed. It took me 4 weeks just to be able to change 'Member' into 'The Dual Wielding Noble' or whatever. I remember when Shadrach had his entire postcount removed for spamming too much. I'm certainly not suggesting we remove posts from people, I just think there needs to be a little more restraint from the users. The mods and admins are doing a good job, it's just that we need to understand the rules as well. We can't rely on them to move or delete every topic. People should be aware enough so that they don't make stupid mistakes like that.

Don't get me wrong, I love everyone here, I just think there needs to be a little more restraint from the users.

Ah, so you mostly mean FFtF is a bad influence for users. And I can tell you're a little more pissed at the spammy comments in the Creative forums. I'm a little like that too, the only forum I'm actually serious in is Other games. I hate spam there, just like you hate spam in Creative (or everywhere else in your case). Yes, I see the proof is with the twins, who have caught on to our quirks and spamminess. Personally, I have no advice to give about this. All I can do is try to be more mature (it might not happen) from now on.

I'm just saying Lyle, but you'd make a great mod (if you do become one, I am doomed).

Ah, so you mostly mean FFtF is a bad influence for users. And I can tell you're a little more pissed at the spammy comments in the Creative forums. I'm a little like that too, the only forum I'm actually serious in is Other games. I hate spam there, just like you hate spam in Creative (or everywhere else in your case). Yes, I see the proof is with the twins, who have caught on to our quirks and spamminess. Personally, I have no advice to give about this. All I can do is try to be more mature (it might not happen) from now on.

I'm just saying Lyle, but you'd make a great mod (if you do become one, I am doomed).

Well, thank you for the compliment. :D I wouldn't try to doom anyone really. I love you all too much.

And yeah, the creative forum has been bothering me a little more than other forums. I feel like people are making stories just to keep their postcount up. (No one in particular.) But that's not even my main concern. What is, is that when people finish writing a chapter and people go 'Good job!'. I'm actually fine with that, but then people start going on a completely different tangent that has nothing to do with the actual story. And while I'm also going about saying you shouldn't make topics in FFtF just on your own whimsy, I'd prefer if people could keep the spamming to a minimum in the topics where the posts matter. Perhaps you could provide criticisms on the story. I can't speak for other writers, but I myself am always open to an insult at my story. That way I can try to improve in certain areas of my writing.

Also, what's this about flaming other users? I don't see anything like that going on.

Well I was just sorta responding to Masu's comment there. There isn't any flaming going on at all really. Until Claire is brought up. And while I dislike Claire myself, the fact that people immediatley start insulting her when she shows up is a little harsh. At the very least, wait until she insults you and you have a case.

Other than that there really is no flaming of anyone. Well there was when Soulja boy was being a douche, but everyone was to blame at that point. And now were all friends again.

Eh. Creative... -scratches head sheepishly- Hey, I write stories for writing's sake, not count. But then there's the commenting. Eh.

Well so long as they're remotley on topic or have something to do with something important in the topic, I have no problem.

I'm fine with it so long as it's not something completley insane like: "I want to have a scene where I f*** George Clooney up his A**hole."

Or something along those lines.

Well so long as they're remotley on topic or have something to do with something important in the topic, I have no problem.

I'm fine with it so long as it's not something completley insane like: "I want to have a scene where I f*** George Clooney up his A**hole."

Or something along those lines.

WTH!?

Speaking of creative:I just uploaded the next to final chapter in part 1 of tales of serenes. Its epic long though cuz i took 2 hours to write it.

Speaking of postcount....

DANGIT MASU. I just lost another place in the ranking.

(Don't ask me why I care. I really don't know.)

ranking for what?

Postcount rankings.

Anyway... sorta interesting. Pretending. Right.

Oh! I didnt know that there was a ranking thing. Where is it?

Nvm. you mean the number of posts. I thought there was a page with a ranking of people.

Edited by MaSu

You don't want to know how long it took for me to get to change my member title.....

Oh! I didnt know that there was a ranking thing. Where is it?

Nvm. you mean the number of posts. I thought there was a page with a ranking of people.

Go to the front page of this forum and look on the bottom right. Click on 'overall top posters' or something like that.

Have I been posting that much? >.>

Oww...I think it might be because there was an abundance of topics... :(

It's nothing against you guys personally. It's really not your fault either since you are new and thus don't really know how it's supposed to work around here. (Not that it's like a dictatorship or something.) But you guys kind of joined at a point of somewhat anarchy. Some of the users (Admittingly myself as well) have been going a little overboard and you all took it for normal everyday lifestyle here in the forest.

Another person who was guilty of this was Soulja boy. So don't think it was just you two.

Oww...I think it might be because there was an abundance of topics... :(

Yep. Definitely. These forums are a lot more active these days. It's not a bad thing, though.