If there is an Emblem Warriors

Jedi

So it's basically an exact copy of Smash representation? Not that I disagree with your prediction but...

From a marketing standpoint, I believe so. It also helps that these games are also perhaps the "most known" (The original / remakes, Awakening, and Fates). Yes, there is the Smash representation, but Awakening signaled a rebirth for the series and Fates is the latest game, and I remember how players wanted Awakening to be localized (It was "leaked" after an E3 presentation or something by Reggie, if I recalled correctly, and everyone went nuts) and Fates had some marketing behind it with the promotional trailers and behind the scenes on the Nintendo Youtube Channel. As for Shadow Dragon and New Mystery, I consider them to be the "first games", and even though New Mystery did not make a release outside of Japan, first games tend to have some sort of special place in collections.

As for the other games, Smash exposure helps out immensely the Elibe and Radiance series (Don't forget the Lyn assist trophy alongside other Fire Emblem related trophies and stickers). Sacred Stones has some exposure from the 3DS Ambassador program as well as virtual console, but the others are mostly limited to Japan Only.

I would love to see other games and characters get representation, but I think Koei-Tecmo will likely go "Shadow Dragon + New Mystery, Awakening, and Fates" if they went with a three game system like Hyrule Warriors, with original characters added in. I can see the other games getting some form of representation through DLC or expanded upon if Emblem Warriors becomes a series.

One thing that would be interesting to see is localized voices, especially if Awakening and Fates are in the spotlight. We already have voice actors for these characters, so it would be a nice extra step if Emblem Warriors ever becomes a reality.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to see other games and characters get representation, but I think Koei-Tecmo will likely go "Shadow Dragon + New Mystery, Awakening, and Fates" if they went with a three game system like Hyrule Warriors, with original characters added in. I can see the other games getting some form of representation through DLC or expanded upon if Emblem Warriors becomes a series.

That would be pretty lame, in my opinion. "The newest game and the oldest" is what SMT x FE did and I completely lost interest especially since Awakening was 'old and busted' by the time the crossover game was released. Even if Gaiden/Jugdrel/Sacred Stones (the games not represented by characters or assist trophies in Smash) got fewer representatives, I would hope they get something in an Emblem Warriors game. Obviously you can't have every FE character in Smash although Sakurai will try, but an Emblem Warriors should have something from every FE era.

Ultimately the character total is more important that the games they draw characters from. Hyrule Warriors choice of games was more about visual distinctiveness than which games "deserved" to be represented.