Max Level and Skills

MonkeyHammer

Hi All,

I am doing some preparation for my build in anticipation for the release of Fates in Europe this Friday. Basically I just wanted some clarification on how to promote and obtain skills within the limitation of the somewhat permanent level cap of 20. I have not been able to fully understand how this system works and was hoping that one of you might be able to clear this up. So basically I am considering a Swordmaster Corrin with +Skill, -Defence and Samuri as the secondary class. What I am wondering is how you obtain all skills due to the level cap. The only way I can see it working is:

1. Level up to 20 as the base class (Nohr Prince/Princess).
  2. Use a Master Seal to become a Hoshido Noble.
  3. Level up to 15/16 as a Hoshido Noble (Gaining the two Noble skills).
  4. Use a Heart Seal to become a Swordmaster.
  5. Level up the last 4/5 levels to get the four skills from the Samuri and Swordmaster trees.

So is this correct or have I got this completely wrong. I also realise you can raise the level cap by 5 through an item but I want to keep it to 20 just for simplicity sake.

Thank you.

Edited by MonkeyHammer

Only remember that Hoshido noble is a class only available in the Hoshido and Revelations route.

And after reaching lv12, you can use an Eternal Seal to have 5 more lv and win skills from another class

Thank You for your replies!

So just clarify you do have to use a Heart Seal before reaching level 20 as a Hoshido Noble to also get the Samurai and Swordmaster skills? Although this can be mitigated by using a Eternal Seal to gain 5 extra levels or buying skills from other players castles.

Thank you.

another option to gain all skills earlier:

Lvl to 20 as Nohr Prince(ss)

Promote to Noble and Lvl to 5

Reclass to Swordmaster. you'll gain skills at 6, 7, 8, then 15

Reclass back to Noble and Lvl to 16 for last skill

as for the question you just asked, you can gain skills as long as you can lvl so take that as you will

Edited by GoXDS

Sorry just one more addition to this question. I was looking at Sakura and she starts as a Shrine Maiden and can promote into a Onmyoji or Priestess, but can also Heart Seal into a Falcon Knight. So lets say I levelled her to 20 as a Shrine Maiden, then promoted her to a Priestess. So at level 15 she gets her last skill as a Priestess, Countermagic. Then I Heart Seal her into a Kinshi Knight, will she learn up to six skills? Those being the bases classes of Sky Knight and Archer, and finally Kinishi Knight. I know this is probably quite simple to some of you but I can't seem to find a definite answer.

Thank you.

(Just to clarify would someone learn both sets of skills from the base classes or just one if they Heart Sealed into a tree they never started in.)

Edited by MonkeyHammer

Sorry just one more addition to this question. I was looking at Sakura and she starts as a Shrine Maiden and can promote into a Onmyoji or Priestess, but can also Heart Seal into a Falcon Knight. So lets say I levelled her to 20 as a Shrine Maiden, then promoted her to a Priestess. So at level 15 she gets her last skill as a Priestess, Countermagic. Then I Heart Seal her into a Kinshi Knight, will she learn up to six skills? Those being the bases classes of Sky Knight and Archer, and finally Kinishi Knight. I know this is probably quite simple to some of you but I can't seem to find a definite answer.

Thank you.

(Just to clarify would someone learn both sets of skills from the base classes or just one if they Heart Sealed into a tree they never started in.)

No, she'll only learn the Sky and Kinshi Knight skills because she doesn't have access to the Archer class. The only way for her to get Archer skills is to marry a Corrin with Archer as their talent, since none of her other potential spouses or her potential A+ supports give her archer.