Official Trailers

They've just posted the second trailer a few hours ago on the Nintendo of America youtube channel, I'll try to keep this updated, but I don't think we'll see many newer ones since the game releases next month, but there will be at the very least one more.

I was actually intrigued about how they would try to sell/advertise the game, I guess the second trailer gives some kind of direction.
[spoiler=First trailer : First beats]

A nice introduction trailer, emphasis on the "FE" of the title being Fire Emblem, the subtitles are a little too big in my opinion, but it's just for the trailer and not in-game iirc, so it's fine.

[spoiler=Second trailer : Hyped for combat]

Not really fond of the voice over, that aside, I think the editing (the transitions, animations, tooltips...) is pretty good looking and fits the game. The content is also an introduction to the game in general (context, combat system...). Almost thought they spoiled one boss, but after some more checking, it's actually not the same character.

[spoiler=Third trailer : Mastering Dungeons]

For some reason, the video isn't displayed here, but you can watch it here (link to my post about the video) (

)

The voiceover acting seems to have been toned down, which I appreciate. That aside, the trailer is just reviewing the basics of gameplay inside dungeons, there are some mild spoilers. Not much else to say.

[spoiler=Official Game Trailer E3 2016]

/ [url=]Post on SF

Not displayed again, it's visible here

The huge yellow subs are back, the trailer itself is nice and uses one of the battle theme which is a nice change from the previous trailer. I like that it's a little closer to the japanese trailers we had, with the characters doing the explaination instead of a narrator.

[spoiler=Treehouse Live E3 2016 Demonstration]

/ Post on SF

Be wary of spoilers, they skipped most of the text but I'm warning just in case.

[spoiler=Story Trailer (Nintendo of Europe/UK)]

For some reason, the video isn't displayed here, but you can watch it here (link to my post about the video) (

)

Modestly titled "Story trailer", I would liken it to the "First beats" trailer from Nintendo of America, but with a greater focus on Prologue and chapter 1, the subtitles are also much better than the huge yellow ones that they did for First beats.

[spoiler=Nintendo UK - Launch Trailer]

A really good trailer, an overview of the different aspects of the game. There are some spoilers inside, nothing as severe as what was in the american trailers though.

Character trailers from Nintendo of Europe/UK, with the matching japanese character trailers.

[spoiler=Meet Itsuki]

Videos not displayed again,

/

[spoiler=Meet Tsubasa]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN3W-dKUs8I

/

[spoiler=Meet Touma Akagi]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v04TnZaP4w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYyavBIePXc

/

[spoiler=Accolades Trailer]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgsBExbP9jE

They once again have put a major spoiler inside. I'm not really a fan of accolades trailers or things like that. Self congratulation never reflects well on the person doing it in my opinion (I like modesty and humility), even if the congratulations here don't come from them. But it shows that the game has really, really reviewed well.

Edited by Avk

Hyped for combat is coming strait out of the 90's

it's just way too cheasy

I see what you mean, I think I can see what they were trying to do with that, but not being a native english speaker, I'm not sure how "authentic" it feels. Personally, it didn't resonate with me, however the presentation of the game mechanics and the setting was still pretty good in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the double post, but a new trailer from Nintendo of Europe/UK was uploaded not long ago. Modestly titled "Story trailer", I would liken it to the "First beats" trailer from Nintendo of America, but with a greater focus on Prologue and chapter 1, the subtitles are also much better than the huge yellow ones that they did for First beats, but nothing really new, I guess we have to wait for the next video from Nintendo of America.

[spoiler=Story Trailer (NoE)]

Source

. . .wait, Kiria's outfit makes SENSE in the US/UK versions?! WOOHOO!

Anyway, the UK story trailer is really nice, and I'm somehow more hyped for this after seeing it!

Loving the UK trailer, little sis saving big sis? Count me in! I already preordered the game and am just waiting for the 24th, I am getting hyped for this game.

What changed?

If you're talking about the pants, they've been like that.

Edited by Konnor97

I will say the Hyped for Combat trailer is at least amusingly cheesy unlike the Mighty No. 9 trailer.

I just checked the trailer for Mighty No.9 since you mentioned it (

, right ?). I can see the resemblance... I can't comment for the Mighty No.9 trailer since I don't know much about this game, but I still think that the Hyped for Combat trailer does a really good job at explaining basic information for #FE.

Anyway, the UK story trailer is really nice, and I'm somehow more hyped for this after seeing it!

Her outfit doesn't seem different, if you are talking about the one she wears during

. What is shown in this trailer is just the very beginning of the game (mostly Prologue and Chapter 1) and yet I'm also really looking forward to it, being finally able to experience it myself will be great.

http://nintendoeverything.com/genei-ibun-roku-fe-kirias-outfit-changed-for-final-release/

They changed it for the final release. Article is from December 3rd, 2015.

And the video from the article. 0:59 for pants.

Thank goodness and props to whoever thought to change it before release.

Like, Kiria's original outfit was awful. This. . .is a lot better.

Next NA trailer, "Mastering Dungeons", reviewing the basics of the gameplay inside dungeons. The voiceover acting seems to have been toned down, which I appreciate. That aside, nothing special about this video, just reminded me how good the boss fight theme is, and showed that they really didn't care much about "spoiling" certain things (not that these are incredible spoilers, but well). Wild Enemies are now Savage Mirages, which sounds better, and it's a good opportunity to remind people that you can save at anytime during the game, so don't forget to save before trying to engage them, running for your life is also a good option.

[spoiler=Third Trailer : Mastering Dungeons]

3 weeks until release, I'm starting to doubt I'll be able to finish the 3 Fates routes before the release happens...

Edited by Avk

• 2 weeks later...

Double post again, sorry, but 3 new trailers from Nintendo UK, character trailers for Itsuki, Tsubasa and Touma, I'll also link their japanese counterparts.

[spoiler=Meet Itsuki]

[spoiler=Meet Tsubasa]

I wouldn't have used Smile Smile as a background music for Itsuki's trailer since it's almost a spoiler but whatever... It's good that they kept the best part of what they "teased" in Tsubasa's trailer a surprise, also her "ありがとうございまっしゅ" is still pretty funny to hear, curious about how they localized that. Touma's trailer is also pretty nice. Overall, all trailers are fine, I wonder if they'll do trailer for all characters before the release.

On an unrelated note, I think they changed the Black Rain cutscene, Yashiro's dancing with a silhouette now instead of... the weird feminine hologram thing he was dancing with.

Edit : for some reasons, videos for Tsubasa and Touma don't display properly and I could not fix that. Also I recommend watching until the videos end, I missed a few things thinking they were over.

Edited by Avk

Double post again, sorry, but 3 new trailers from Nintendo UK, character trailers for Itsuki, Tsubasa and Touma, I'll also link their japanese counterparts.

[spoiler=Meet Itsuki]

[spoiler=Meet Tsubasa]

I wouldn't have used Smile Smile as a background music for Itsuki's trailer since it's almost a spoiler but whatever... It's good that they kept the best part of what they "teased" in Tsubasa's trailer a surprise, also her "ありがとうございまっしゅ" is still pretty funny to hear, curious about how they localized that. Touma's trailer is also pretty nice. Overall, all trailers are fine, I wonder if they'll do trailer for all characters before the release.

On an unrelated note, I think they changed the Black Rain cutscene, Yashiro's dancing with a silhouette now instead of... the weird feminine hologram thing he was dancing with.

Edit : for some reasons, videos for Tsubasa and Touma don't display properly and I could not fix that. Also I recommend watching until the videos end, I missed a few things thinking they were over.

Speaking of saving in your previous post, I've had several moments where I forgot to save in a dungeon and a Savage Mirage came by just to ruin it all haha... Not fun...

Relating to the part with Yashiro dancing, it appeared to be just the beginning in which case it looks to be the same, but I can't say with 100% certainty. If it is changed, then I think it might need to be redone somehow or have actual dancers on stage since he interacts with the holograms too so it may look kind of weird(er) if it was empty haha.

I've seen some footage of the English release and at the parts where Tsubasa messed up her words, I think some letters were switched around a bit

Speaking of saving in your previous post, I've had several moments where I forgot to save in a dungeon and a Savage Mirage came by just to ruin it all haha... Not fun...

Relating to the part with Yashiro dancing, it appeared to be just the beginning in which case it looks to be the same, but I can't say with 100% certainty. If it is changed, then I think it might need to be redone somehow or have actual dancers on stage since he interacts with the holograms too so it may look kind of weird(er) if it was empty haha.

I've seen some footage of the English release and at the parts where Tsubasa messed up her words, I think some letters were switched around a bit

Seeing people facing Savage Mirages being brutally decimated left quite an impression on me, and losing progress for a little moment of carelessness is never fun, happened to me much more often than I would have liked in many different games.

And I think you are right for Yashiro's cutscene, I forgot it was like that in the beginning, probably because the part I mentionned was more memorable to me with how strange/funny looking it was.

I'm looking forward to discover how they localized everything, there was a lot of funny things I remember, I hope they managed to convey all/most of it well.

http://imgur.com/4KOwHaN

wtf

This just looks stupid.

I missed that, I don't think there is anything especially wrong with how the dress is in the japanese version, but so I thought for most of the previous things they changed, it seems like the localizers disagree with me. The way they changed it looks a bit off in my opinion, I'm curious to see how her special skill (or was it an ad lib ?) looks in battle now, since she wears that dress during the skill. Anyway, I don't think it's anything worth an outrage or dwelling on, even if I wished they mostly left the game as is, since I don't think there is anything in the game that warrants that amount of changes.

Edited by Avk

I missed that, I don't think there is anything especially wrong with how the dress is in the japanese version, but so I thought for most of the previous things they changed, it seems like the localizers disagree with me. The way they changed it looks a bit off in my opinion, I'm curious to see how her special skill (or was it an ad lib ?) looks in battle now, since she wears that dress during the skill. Anyway, I don't think it's anything worth an outrage or dwelling on, even if I wished they mostly left the game as is, since I don't think there is anything in the game that warrants that amount of changes.

IMHO, the change is probably because Nintendo tries to minimize the people they offend. Matters relating to female skin exposure is much more sensitive in the West than in Japan (just look at the case with DOAX3). Better safe than sorry. But I do wonder what they will do with her MV. Will they have to redo it?

IMHO, the change is probably because Nintendo tries to minimize the people they offend. Matters relating to female skin exposure is much more sensitive in the West than in Japan (just look at the case with DOAX3). Better safe than sorry. But I do wonder what they will do with her MV. Will they have to redo it?

I'm sure both of them will be happy with this change. Do you really think the west is that prude? Western prudishness is one of the most exaggerated things I see going around. If developers created things created thing with the intent of never offending anyone, no matter how insignificant, nothing would ever be made. Also, that line of reasoning is invalidated with this being left in: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkuIR6QXEAA80R5.jpg:large

The new outfit looks terrible as well.

I'm also pretty sure the doax3 was just them wanting to save money by not publishing it in the west, and taking advantage of the anti-sjw climate to promote the game for free. It's not like not publishing the game here will make the people labeling it quiet down. That would just get more people talking about it. That's just my theory though.

Edited by Glyth

It's probably the most likely reasoning behind the changes, I don't appreciate them much but I can understand their reasons. Although as I said, I don't think there is anything really offensive in the original game to begin with.

They already modified a few cutscenes like Tsubasa's Feel or the one before the Aversa fight, so they could have done that again.

I'm sure both of them will be happy with this change. Do you really think the west is that prude? Western prudishness is one of the most exaggerated things I see going around. If developers created things created thing with the intent of never offending anyone, no matter how insignificant, nothing would ever be made. Also, that line of reasoning is invalidated with this being left in: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkuIR6QXEAA80R5.jpg:large

The new outfit looks terrible as well.

I'm also pretty sure the doax3 was just them wanting to save money by not publishing it in the west, and taking advantage of the anti-sjw climate to promote the game for free. It's not like not publishing the game here will make the people labeling it quiet down. That would just get more people talking about it. That's just my theory though.

May I ask you who you are referring to with "both of them" ? Nintendo and Atlus ? If you are indeed referring to them, I suppose Nintendo is, atleast Nintendo of America, since they are the ones deciding of these changes, and Atlus, I don't think they feel either way, they just do what is asked of them, although it seems conflicting with the way they usually localize their games (as far as I know).

For your question (even if probably rhetorical), I've seen plenty of comments/posts on the internet that seem to justify their reasoning. The problem is I'm not sure these changes will satisfy these people anyway, or if they are the right people to listen to for the localization of the game. It'll be interesting if someday we get some insights into what happened for the localization of the game (extremely unlikely), but more in general, I'm always glad for more "behind the scenes" information, I miss the Iwata asks...

May I ask you who you are referring to with "both of them" ? Nintendo and Atlus ? If you are indeed referring to them, I suppose Nintendo is, atleast Nintendo of America, since they are the ones deciding of these changes, and Atlus, I don't think they feel either way, they just do what is asked of them, although it seems conflicting with the way they usually localize their games (as far as I know).

For your question (even if probably rhetorical), I've seen plenty of comments/posts on the internet that seem to justify their reasoning. The problem is I'm not sure these changes will satisfy these people anyway, or if they are the right people to listen to for the localization of the game. It'll be interesting if someday we get some insights into what happened for the localization of the game (extremely unlikely), but more in general, I'm always glad for more "behind the scenes" information, I miss the Iwata asks...

It was a joke meant to convey that only two people would find the original dress offensive. What reasoning? You mean reasoning that the west would find the cleavage questionable? I doubt it's good. I'm not sure how to rationalize these changes when I posted images that completely contradict this change.

Oooh, new trailers, thanks~!

- Tsubasa's still in her black bra/pink vest in the opening videos, despite the apparent localization change to a halter-top thingy.

- Itsuki with a microphone is hilarious

- I'm digging Tsubasa's attack names!

- Oh dear me, Touma actually ACTS like he's in some sort of super sentai show when he's fighting

These intros are hilarious, and I'm even more excited about the release~!

It was a joke meant to convey that only two people would find the original dress offensive. What reasoning? You mean reasoning that the west would find the cleavage questionable? I doubt it's good. I'm not sure how to rationalize these changes when I posted images that completely contradict this change.

Oh, sorry I didn't notice. And the reasoning is that they just want to avoid any kind of controversy just like Taka-kun suggested. People are really quick to react to anything that they dislike ever so slightly and the comments/reactions I'm referring to are quite frequent (not as much as they once were, but still), so they just decided to change the game to avoid this as much as possible, I think. But yeah, it seems pretty inconsistent. I thought that the point of aging the characters is to make these kind of things to be more "acceptable", it is indeed pretty confusing.

Oooh, new trailers, thanks~!

- Tsubasa's still in her black bra/pink vest in the opening videos, despite the apparent localization change to a halter-top thingy.

- Itsuki with a microphone is hilarious

- I'm digging Tsubasa's attack names!

- Oh dear me, Touma actually ACTS like he's in some sort of super sentai show when he's fighting

These intros are hilarious, and I'm even more excited about the release~!

Is something wrong with Tsubasa's outfits ? She looks normal to me, and I mean the localized version.

Edited by Avk