ZeRo's picks for Underrated characters (Smash 4)

Jedi

ZeRo recently made this video on a character he feels is entirely underrated in the current meta

He also did a video some time ago about characters he felt have tons of potential which he listed Shulk, Mac, Yoshi, Peach and Bayo (Which this part can be ignored now)

So those of you with more competitive mindsets, what do you think of Ryu and these characters he mentioned?

Clickbait title is clickbaity...

Underrated means that people aren't realizing the potential of the character. In that way, Ryu is by no means underrated as he's frequently cited as a top or high tier choice. People realizing how much potential Ryu has, and his only stumbling block on tier lists is his lack of results because few people play him.

Someone underrated would be Shulk (whom I expected the video to be about since it's Zero), considering he's frequently near the bottom of tier lists.

Ryu is pretty good. His dash cancel gives alot of options for not only recovery but general combos. True Shoryuken is not to be trifled with its pretty deadly to say the least to just about any character on the roster.

Ryu has quarter-circles, and I HATE quarter-circles - it's why I don't play traditional fighting games. The only good thing about Ryu is that he costs money, so everyone who plays him has already lost. Also, Meta Knight's multi-hit attacks are great for getting through his down-b.

Ryu has quarter-circles, and I HATE quarter-circles - it's why I don't play traditional fighting games. The only good thing about Ryu is that he costs money, so everyone who plays him has already lost. Also, Meta Knight's multi-hit attacks are great for getting through his down-b.

Thinking about it, you've already bought the game (presumably), it's not much of a victory for you!

A good Ryu is really cool to play against though, he flows well enough without being too broken. I kinda feel Yoshi is pretty good, it's just that he's so weird with regards to his movement and recovery.

Speaking of Shulk and Mac, it should be noted a Shulk got 13th and a Mac got 9th at GOML in Canada recently, which is impressive for both.