Face-Rubbing is gone in the European version too!

Anacybele

Yeah, a European friend of mine who got the game a day early in the mail just confirmed it to me. So all you Europeans still waiting to get your copy, fear not, NoE was smart like NoA. :P

And here's hoping that this means the feature won't be returning in future games, including Japanese versions.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was always ridiculous to begin with when you think about it. I've grown to like what I've been given. But it's still cutting content that isnt offensive so either way.

I'd rather know if more niche removals are added back, like swimsuits, the camera angles in the hot springs, and supports for Kana and Soleil.

To be fair, I was a bit nervous to even try Pokémon Amie for a while. I can't imagine how uncomfortable Skinship would've made me. I'm glad you just go straight to the talking - having to rub their face first would just make everything incredibly awkward. I agree with it not returning even in Japanese releases... Unless It's part of their culture over there?

From the looks of it EU version is just NA but for EU instead. Only differences there might be are British vs. American English and may be a couple of lines got rewritten depending on the radar got them or not.

To be fair, I was a bit nervous to even try Pokémon Amie for a while. I can't imagine how uncomfortable Skinship would've made me. I'm glad you just go straight to the talking - having to rub their face first would just make everything incredibly awkward. I agree with it not returning even in Japanese releases... Unless It's part of their culture over there?

It is part of Japanese culture, but not to the extreme it goes to in Fates. According to Google anyway

Also, Ana, I may dislike the feature as much as you do, but some people DO like it so please try to respect that.

I didn't particularly care about the feature and it was kinda...weird. But the trend I find more disturbing in games and media in general is this cutting of content because it might "offend" somebody or violate their safe space.

I didn't particularly care about the feature and it was kinda...weird. But the trend I find more disturbing in games and media in general is this cutting of content because it might "offend" somebody or violate their safe space.

No need to be disturbed, it's just good business. Why invite a controversy if you don't need to. Yes, it makes everything more vanilla, but vanilla sells.

It's not even political either, both left and right groups have things they would rather not be in games. I'm still shocked NOA left in the same-sex relationships.

From the looks of it EU version is just NA but for EU instead. Only differences there might be are British vs. American English and may be a couple of lines got rewritten depending on the radar got them or not.

This. It was the same with the Awakening base game.

Most text heavy RPGs are like that I find. Pokemon is one RPG that's basically similar to the NA version in EU but with British English. I feel like changing some of the words might be why Fates came so late to EU, but I'm not entirely sure.

Also, Ana, I may dislike the feature as much as you do, but some people DO like it so please try to respect that.

Yeah, but I haven't seen anyone on SF say they like it. xP And Taco brings up a good point. I'm tired of people complaining about cut content because it "offends" them. Just...what?

But the trend I find more disturbing in games in general is this cutting of content because it might "offend" somebody or violate their safe space.

Because some people don't know that games =/= reality, what's even worse is that the people who might be "offended" are not the one playing games imo.

This. It was the same with the Awakening base game.

Fates in EU is multi-language while the American version is English-only.

Yeah, but I haven't seen anyone on SF say they like it.

見たくないこと見えないね?

Just like many other subjects.

Thanks for generalizing...again.

Did you miss the entire TWO THREADS dedicated to hacking the game and restoring lost content?

Like.. they're frequently in the front page of new posts just a month ago before Team If was featured on the clickbaity site known as Kotaku.

fear not, NoE was smart like NoA. :P

And here's hoping that this means the feature won't be returning in future games, including Japanese versions.

Your post is... full pun intended... an assholish phrasing designed to rub it in people's faces.

I agree with their decision to localize and change it... but your lack of respect makes me want to do the same and call you out on your crap.

"I haven't seen anyone say they like it on SF". Even if that were true, are you going to talk crap about it? Where the hell is your courtesy, woman?

Edited by shadowofchaos

The issue with face petting wasn't that people were getting offended, it just wasn't popular.

Seriously, everyone complained when it was revealed and then when NoA recognized that it was unpopular and removed it, everyone complained again.

Honestly I feel like I'm missing something, because I never really understood why removing the minigame was so controversial in the first place. Then again, the extra dialogue and support bonuses aside, I never understood what exactly the face-rubbing would have added to the gaming experience. Are people just opposing it on the grounds of it being "censorship?"

I'm still shocked NOA left in the same-sex relationships.

Why would they consider cutting that? Same-sex marriage is legal in the US. Also, they received some flak after Tomodachi Life for not having Same-sex marriage.

見たくないこと見えないね?

Just like many other subjects.

Thanks for generalizing...again.

Did you miss the entire TWO THREADS dedicated to hacking the game and restoring lost content?

Like.. they're frequently in the front page of new posts just a month ago before Team If was featured on the clickbaity site known as Kotaku.

Your post is... full pun intended... an assholish phrasing designed to rub it in people's faces.

I agree with their decision to localize and change it... but your lack of respect makes me want to do the same and call you out on your crap.

"I haven't seen anyone say they like it on SF". Even if that were true, are you going to talk crap about it? Where the hell is your courtesy, woman?

Wtf, now you're going to bash and badger me here too? When will you just stop?

I've nuked My Room/Private Quarters in both my JP and localized games, so I forgot that face rubbing even existed. That said, I am not really surprised. I think Nintendo has made it clear that they don't want to be associated with it anyone (apparently, they made the youtube video with the face rubbing in it private?), and if they put it in the European version but not the English there'd be a firestorm.

That said, I am surprised that the person who made this thread isn't a European. Not sure us Americans should be sticking our noses into the business of a version we're not going to play.

Edited by Sunwoo

The issue with face petting wasn't that people were getting offended, it just wasn't popular.

Seriously, everyone complained when it was revealed and then when NoA recognized that it was unpopular and removed it, everyone complained again.

This is a usual part of human nature people always want what they can't have because they can't have it it is the gist behind the saying "the grass on the other side is always greener".

It didn't really do anything for the game so its removal is no issue to me. (If anything it further makes me question Japanese culture)

Hey, just because I'm not European doesn't mean I can't care for Europeans, Sangyul. :P I lived in Europe for several years, and have known what it's like being a gamer there. Even American versions of things came terribly late there at the time, and some games I never ever had access to because they just didn't get any copies or maybe not enough. And even if I hadn't lived out there, I figure it'd be nice to assure Europeans what I learned from a European.

But mainly due to my experience being a gamer living in Europe, I really feel for Europeans who have to wait forever, and I'm so glad their wait is over now.

Edited by Anacybele

My point is that you really shouldn't make threads where you're being "happy" for the Europeans like this. Even if you did live in Europe for some time, you're not living there now or playing European version of games, and kind of feel that if someone over in Europe wants to make a thread about face rubbing being gone, it's their business but it doesn't affect us Americans so we just let them discover things on their own. The implication that NoE would've been "dumb" to leave face-rubbing in is kind of ;/, too.

So I shouldn't be allowed to be happy for Europeans and make a thread letting them know of something that they probably wish to know of? I don't follow you at all. Why should it matter if I live there or not or if I'm not playing that version of the game? I was trying to do something nice for people, why are you and shadowofchaos not getting that?

Edited by Anacybele