help ScarletFlame overcome their new addiction

Flamy

I have gone into splicing for a tabletop campaign.

Someone please stop me.

c41f2d85f1.png

a3a10c80cd.png

Edited by ScarletFlame

Welcome to our addiction. ;p

You can't stop the fire... you can only let it burn into a beautiful raging inferno of artistic passion. Or something.

First splice is a lil dull design wise. The second is inresting though. I guess the super saturated hair is just something the original sprite has... but its crazy hard to make out details in it. Needs more contrast in colors.

They look clean though, so kudos on that. Keep at it, try some different colors and mixing up pieces a bit more? Curious to see what you will come up with. :)

Edited by ErrantShepherd

Welcome to our addiction. ;p

You can't stop the fire... you can only let it burn into a beautiful raging inferno of artistic passion. Or something.

First splice is a lil dull design wise. The second is inresting though. I guess the super saturated hair is just something the original sprite has... but its crazy hard to make out details in it. Needs more contrast in colors.

They look clean though, so kudos on that. Keep at it, try some different colors and mixing up pieces a bit more? Curious to see what you will come up with. :)

Yeah, the first one was pretty much a pilot test, using Cath's ponytail and Tate. For the second splice, I used Cath's ponytail, Tate's face, and Oujay's body.

p2Xja.gif

Later on, I decided to use Fir's ponytail, since that was a lot better-looking.

p2Xjx.gif

Splice for a thief character. I used Leila's hair, because I thought she had a ponytail. (She doesn't.) Liked the design, anyway, so I kept it. Feels like it needs more touching up around the hair, though.

Fir/Oujay splice's body is too big for the head, not to mention the angles don't match well, as Fir's head is angled, but Oujay's body is mostly forward-facing. There's also some weirdness where you recolored her hair tie to just hair color without compensating for the outlines and shading left behind.

Leila/Lyn splice has too little neck and the head is too far forward. The antialiasing where hair meets the eyebrow is lacking, and the shading on the neck overall is rough. Also missing some border. IMO, if the hair color is close enough to the cloak, you might as well let them share colors instead of taking up spaces in the palette that could otherwise be used for additional colors.

• 1 month later...

I... decided to ditch Oujay in favor of Raven. Oh, and uh, guess I'll show off the other sprites?

f18f85d06d.gifpyG1x.gifpurfX.gif

I... decided to ditch Oujay in favor of Raven. Oh, and uh, guess I'll show off the other sprites?

f18f85d06d.gifpyG1x.gifpurfX.gif

The first lady is still maintaining the issue of a far too large body. Third dude's face looks a little weird but he's pretty neat.