Star fox: Guard

Reality

I have seen 0 press releases for this game, however my brother brought it to the house recently.

I thought of those games that try to trick you into purchasing it based on its similiarlty to something you WANT to buy. But it turned out to be an official Nintendo product.

It's basically tower defense where you have get 12 turrets, but tries to distinguish yourself by showing you the video feed of all of them at all times, and making you have to switch in to them and aim them in first person. I bet it gets pretty fast paced in the later levels, but I don't really think it's as original as other tower defense games, and it has pretty no personality to speak of, level and enemy designs are pretty generic.

Most surprising thing of all though, is that is stylized as SLIPPY's spin off! I don't get why they choose him given his reputation as one of the most annoying character of all time.

Does anyone have any thoughts about this, or does everyone just feel like its the logical extension of stuff like "federation force"?

The game is cheap and seems quickly scraped together. It was a bundle-in for Star Fox Zero on consoles to try and justify the full price despite Zero's short length rather than a standalone release. However the games are separate purchases on the eShop. I've seen some coverage of it from Giant Bomb but it's only mildly interesting. For people who like Tower Defense it might be an ok pickup but even watching the first couple of levels it got very repetitive.

For the purchase of SF:Z it should have been actually free, then maybe people would have been less upset by how much SF:Z costs on store shelves.

Isn't Star Fox Guard literally just a tech demo that they polished and added as a bonus? Why does this thing have a Metascore?

Isn't Star Fox Guard literally just a tech demo that they polished and added as a bonus? Why does this thing have a Metascore?

Probably because you can buy it separately. People will want to know whether it is worth it on its own.