Children - which are worth it?

Keanai

What children are worth using [presuming decent pairings, but not optimized] and what would the best classes for them be?

So faaar I have

MU (+ STR - LUC, samurai secondary class) x Laslow

- Soleil

- Kana

Leo x Sakura

- Forrest

Xander x Hinoka

- Seigbert

Takumi x Camilla

- Kiragi

Ryouma x Elise

- Shiro

Yes, I know my pairings are far from optimized. I could not resist a complete inter-royal marriage thing. Why? Why not?

Who would you guys say would be a good mother for Velouria, as well? Both story/support-wise and optimization-wise. I definitely want to use Velouria.

Also, any other tips for children?

I know Effie as a mother makes Velouria into a beast (hehe) with high growths in everything, and a large STR cap, but I haven't done the supports myself yet. Funny when you consider how hungry Effie is all the time, and how likely Velouria is to eat something off the floor.

I made a habit of pairing Beruka and Benny. They share strengths and weaknesses, and their son is a knight anyway.

Peri being Percy's mother makes for a solid unit good at anything physical. The idea of the hero of justice marrying an amoral killer who barely knows the difference between right and wrong is a funny concept.

I'm one of the tons of people that pairs Nyx with Hayato. Can't turn down a mage as strong, and fast as Rhajat with Nyx as her mother. I don't clearly remember Rhajat's A rank with Nyx, but Nyx does seem like a natural fit as her mother.

Edited by maninbluejumpsuit

I married Keaton to Rinkah and thought their support was sort of cute, and it also gave Velouria a defense boost (I think).

Another support conversation I liked a lot was Niles x Oboro and it gave Nina a strength boost( again I'm not really sure about the whole stat business)

I must advocate Mozu. I would have said Ryoma/Xander/Takumi but you have them with Elise/Hinoka/Camilla. She works well with any other of the physical children.

I agree with the above about Effie!Velouria.

Kagero!Percy is pretty good. I also like the support line between Arthur and Kagero. I tend to stick with what I deem are "canon" classes for my units. So, I'd keep Percy in Wyvern Lord after dipping in his other available classes for stat growths and skills.

Oboro!Ignatius is a guilty pleasure of mine. The support between Benny and Oboro was quite cute. Also, Oboro, like Mozu, is a good mom for physical kids. I'd put Iggy in General or Spear Master.

Nyx!Dwyer is something I'm toying with, with Dwyer as a Malig Knight through A+ with Percy. It is a second hand to my usual Elise!Dwyer but it works well enough. Dwyer can use the strength his dad gives and use the magic his mom gives. A nice hybrid kid, if you ask me.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

I would also suggest Camilla!Sophie if you didn't already pair the pineapple with Camilla. Sophie stat-wise, and even class set wise would be very similar to Peri!Percy; good at everything physical. Both can be heroes, paladins, great knights, and wyvern lords. Sophie can be a bow knight, and Percy can be a berserker. The only other difference between them is Sophie's +2 def, and Percy's +2 resistance. Kinda funny.

Also, I heard nothing but bad things about Camilla + Takumi support-wise :/

What children are worth using [presuming decent pairings, but not optimized] and what would the best classes for them be?

So faaar I have

MU (+ STR - LUC, samurai secondary class) x Laslow

- Soleil

- Kana

Leo x Sakura

- Forrest

Xander x Hinoka

- Seigbert

Takumi x Camilla

- Kiragi

Ryouma x Elise

- Shiro

Yes, I know my pairings are far from optimized. I could not resist a complete inter-royal marriage thing. Why? Why not?

Who would you guys say would be a good mother for Velouria, as well? Both story/support-wise and optimization-wise. I definitely want to use Velouria.

Also, any other tips for children?

-nods- I support these pairings! I do them too.

I've only seen it here. I've seen a Hell of a lot of other people like it. Hiimdaisy/Gigi (lady who did the Persona 4 gag comics) even ships em.

I did Azura x Keaton and Velouria came out well.

If you want a really, really good one though, her best parents tend to be Charlotte and Effie.

It depends on how much you like Takumi; the support with Camilla is hideously infantalizing so if you're not a fan, it's probably a pretty funny one to do. I like Takumi as a character, so I'd never pair him with Camilla.

I like Nyx/Jakob and Nyx/Hayato to echo other answers here. Nyx/Jakob is one of Jakob's better supports and produces a decent Dwyer.

Mitama (Azama's kid) is worth picking up, she's a useful unit and pretty fun personality.

I may blame him for everything, but paring him with a woman that outright reminds him of his inferiority to his brother, or his own station is kinda messed up.

I guess pairing takumi and oboro with nohrian scum would be good for their viewpoints or something though. I normally just put them together. Conquest made me feel like a terrible person.

Woo! A ton of replies, wow. Lemme sort through them all.

I've already paired Camilla and Takumi up, and honestly, I found their supports hilarious.

I know Effie as a mother makes Velouria into a beast (hehe) with high growths in everything, and a large STR cap, but I haven't done the supports myself yet. Funny when you consider how hungry Effie is all the time, and how likely Velouria is to eat something off the floor.

I made a habit of pairing Beruka and Benny. They share strengths and weaknesses, and their son is a knight anyway.

Peri being Percy's mother makes for a solid unit good at anything physical. The idea of the hero of justice marrying an amoral killer who barely knows the difference between right and wrong is a funny concept.

I'm one of the tons of people that pairs Nyx with Hayato. Can't turn down a mage as strong, and fast as Rhajat with Nyx as her mother. I don't clearly remember Rhajat's A rank with Nyx, but Nyx does seem like a natural fit as her mother.

Hmm... You've good points there. Effie I'll be considering since several people recommended her; have to see how her supports work out. Nyx and Hayato might also be interesting :o and yeah, I can see Rhajat dEFINITELY being the daughter of Nyx. Nevermind that she's also the Fates incarnation of Tharja.

I married Keaton to Rinkah and thought their support was sort of cute, and it also gave Velouria a defense boost (I think).

Another support conversation I liked a lot was Niles x Oboro and it gave Nina a strength boost( again I'm not really sure about the whole stat business)

Hmm, interesting :o For both! I'll investigate both of those; I'll also be looking into Oboro and Benny

I must advocate Mozu. I would have said Ryoma/Xander/Takumi but you have them with Elise/Hinoka/Camilla. She works well with any other of the physical children.

I agree with the above about Effie!Velouria.

Kagero!Percy is pretty good. I also like the support line between Arthur and Kagero. I tend to stick with what I deem are "canon" classes for my units. So, I'd keep Percy in Wyvern Lord after dipping in his other available classes for stat growths and skills.

Oboro!Ignatius is a guilty pleasure of mine. The support between Benny and Oboro was quite cute. Also, Oboro, like Mozu, is a good mom for physical kids. I'd put Iggy in General or Spear Master.

Nyx!Dwyer is something I'm toying with, with Dwyer as a Malig Knight through A+ with Percy. It is a second hand to my usual Elise!Dwyer but it works well enough. Dwyer can use the strength his dad gives and use the magic his mom gives. A nice hybrid kid, if you ask me.

Mozu, eh? HMMM I actually never trained Mozu on this playthrough. She just isn't as good as Donnel was in Awakening and just meh.

-nods- I support these pairings! I do them too.

I've only seen it here. I've seen a Hell of a lot of other people like it. Hiimdaisy/Gigi (lady who did the Persona 4 gag comics) even ships em.

I did Azura x Keaton and Velouria came out well.

If you want a really, really good one though, her best parents tend to be Charlotte and Effie.

Yay, support :D And yeah, agreed. I will definitely throw those two together for a couple of supports and see how I like it.

It depends on how much you like Takumi; the support with Camilla is hideously infantalizing so if you're not a fan, it's probably a pretty funny one to do. I like Takumi as a character, so I'd never pair him with Camilla.

I like Nyx/Jakob and Nyx/Hayato to echo other answers here. Nyx/Jakob is one of Jakob's better supports and produces a decent Dwyer.

Mitama (Azama's kid) is worth picking up, she's a useful unit and pretty fun personality.

Weeelll I adore Takumi. But, you also have to admit, by the S support, Camilla realizes what she's doing, and also is just "it seems like being around and with me has made you improve". I also find it hilarious.

Hmm, will definitely consider. What would be Jakob's best support, do you think? Aside from the avatar.

Mozu has an amazing support with Keaton, and produces a pretty good Velouria (pass down Certain Blow for hilarity).

Ooooh. Will also investigate.

Thank you so much guys :D So many supports to do now <33

Mozu, eh? HMMM I actually never trained Mozu on this playthrough. She just isn't as good as Donnel was in Awakening and just meh.

I disagree - she's much easier to train than Donnel ever was (just reclass her to Archer).