Buy the game?

My opinion has definitely changed since the first time I saw it. As strange and weird as I think the whole idol thing is, the gameplay looks genuinely really fun and the soundtrack is pretty sweet from what I've heard of it so far.

Maybe I'll get it on Day 1 but it's not something I'd want really badly. Like if someone was willing to get it for me, I'll play it. If not, meh, not a huge loss.

Originally I wasn't one hundred percent sure if I was going to buy it because it didn't seem all that Fire Emblemish. But since I lack a lot of Wii U games I did preorder it. I also saw that the ratings and reviews were pretty good for the JP release so I'm sure I'll be entertained. However it probably won't be a game I'll play after I beat it, but I have no idea yet. There's been games I thought I'd hate but I ended up loving like Hyrule Warriors so you never know.

About replayability, there is Lunatic mode that unlocks after your first playthrough, along with a few challenges and side quests in NG+, but I don't think there is as much replayability compared to FE or SMT (using a different roster of characters in FE, or getting the different endings in SMT). Or compared to your example, Hyrule Warriors, where you can keep grinding almost infinitely (I think, I'm not really an expert of Warriors games). If I remember correctly, the game length should be about 30-40 hours for a first playthrough depending on how much you complete (although I mostly see people at >50 hours), so I suppose that if you are entertained during that period of time that should be plenty enough.

Edited by Avk

Or compared to your example, Hyrule Warriors, where you can keep grinding almost infinitely (I think, I'm not really an expert of Warriors games).

In Hyrule Warriors, the max level last I checked is somewhere around 250. So in essence you CAN grind for a very long time in that game. If you did it independently with each character that's a lot of hours, but I consider the real grind of the game to be money since that stuff is not given away so easily as EXP and you can spend it for instant level ups.

By the way LOVE the new profile pic!

I was skeptical after watching the first real trailer, but after seeing the game actually got good reviews and praise for its gameplay, I'll be giving it a chance. Not sure if buying Day 1 (SE sure is tempting), but I'll definitely get it down the line.

I don't mind the J-Pop. Countless hours of playing Pump It Up have made my ears resistant to all forms of music.

In Hyrule Warriors, the max level last I checked is somewhere around 250. So in essence you CAN grind for a very long time in that game. If you did it independently with each character that's a lot of hours, but I consider the real grind of the game to be money since that stuff is not given away so easily as EXP and you can spend it for instant level ups.

By the way LOVE the new profile pic!

Thanks for the precisions, I only have vague knowledge of Warriors games since I haven't played one in a really long time. My point was just to say that #FE is a pretty classic linear RPG, so it doesn't have especially as much replayability as games like the Warriors games or Monster Hunter as another example, where you can keep playing as long as you are enjoying the gameplay. I mean you can probably just grind random encounters (or the arena I think ?) in #FE, but for people wanting more, there are NG+ and harder difficulty modes, but nothing wrong with just going through the game once, that's probably what I'm going to do too (although I will surely replay the game later in the future) and I think that's also how most people play their single player games.

And thanks again, I really love that they kept doing sprites in Awakening and Fates and these fanmade #FE ones look really good in my opinion. I tried to look for the source of these, but sadly I was unable to find it.

Edit : Nevermind, I found it. Looking for "ドット絵" was effective, I don't know why I didn't do that before. The only reproach I can do is Touma being on a horse like a classic Cavalier instead of his bike-like vehicule.

Edited by Avk

After it was revealed, super weirded out by their decision to make it about idols. Idols and Fire Emblem, together? I initially thought, "Nah, that's never going to work." But after watching and reading previews for it, I ended up looking forward to it. Ended up pre-ordering it too!

And thanks again, I really love that they kept doing sprites in Awakening and Fates and these fanmade #FE ones look really good in my opinion. I tried to look for the source of these, but sadly I was unable to find it.

Edit : Nevermind, I found it. Looking for "ドット絵" was effective, I don't know why I didn't do that before. The only reproach I can do is Touma being on a horse like a classic Cavalier instead of his bike-like vehicule.

Neat, got myself Tsurugi now! I think I like the looks of Itsuki's the most, but I don't want to copy the same avatar haha

Plus sword masters are my favourite so I'm fine with this.

Neat, got myself Tsurugi now! I think I like the looks of Itsuki's the most, but I don't want to copy the same avatar haha

Plus sword masters are my favourite so I'm fine with this.

Ahah well, I was using Yashiro until yesterday, I was thinking about switching characters from time to time since they all look great (and I also like Myrmidon/Swordmaster class line the most, that and Yashiro is pretty cool 「ファンタスティック!」, although this can be said for all the #FE cast in my opinion).

Nonetheless, it's good to see much more positivity surrounding the game with the release nearing. I hope that the game will satisfy all the people willing to give it a chance, and that in turn will encourage Nintendo to keep doing projects like this one in the future.

On a personal note, I finished FE Fates Conquest two days ago, so hopefully I'll be able to finish the 2 remaining routes before the game releases.

Getting it in part because I love nearly everything Fire Emblem and also in part because Atlus has NEVER failed me with a game. They produce consistently good games.

That said I'm sure being on a Nintendo system they're going to tone things down which is unfortunate because I liked the somewhat more mature themes in other Atlus games like Catherine. That said I've been lacking in JRPG goodness and I do like my cute stuff concerning Japanese games, manga, and anime so I'm pretty excited for it. Just glad I have the special edition pre-ordered and I hope the localization hammer didn't hit the game too hard. I hate how in the United States somehow loads of violence is ok but somehow anything slightly suggestive is a problem. The game isn't even that bad imo but like the fire emblem games they keep censoring things that I'm not ok with. (granted exceptions for characters who are CLEARLY not 18, otherwise you can simply age them up and have it work. My favorite thing is when they keep it all the same but instead of it being a high school theme they are in college).

Getting it in part because I love nearly everything Fire Emblem and also in part because Atlus has NEVER failed me with a game. They produce consistently good games.

That said I'm sure being on a Nintendo system they're going to tone things down which is unfortunate because I liked the somewhat more mature themes in other Atlus games like Catherine. That said I've been lacking in JRPG goodness and I do like my cute stuff concerning Japanese games, manga, and anime so I'm pretty excited for it. Just glad I have the special edition pre-ordered and I hope the localization hammer didn't hit the game too hard. I hate how in the United States somehow loads of violence is ok but somehow anything slightly suggestive is a problem. The game isn't even that bad imo but like the fire emblem games they keep censoring things that I'm not ok with. (granted exceptions for characters who are CLEARLY not 18, otherwise you can simply age them up and have it work. My favorite thing is when they keep it all the same but instead of it being a high school theme they are in college).

For me, it had always looked as if Atlus wanted to do something different than the typical mature theme of the SMT series and hence decided on the more genki idol concept. I just think people are too used to darker RPGs in general and not light-hearted ones.

As far as I can tell, the localization didn't hit the game that bad. I mean, they removed some costumes and aged the characters. That's about it?

For me, it had always looked as if Atlus wanted to do something different than the typical mature theme of the SMT series and hence decided on the more genki idol concept. I just think people are too used to darker RPGs in general and not light-hearted ones.

As far as I can tell, the localization didn't hit the game that bad. I mean, they removed some costumes and aged the characters. That's about it?

And to add, the character aging isn't drastic (Itsuki didn't jump from 17 to 30). Some of the costumes have been changed, as well, but it still gets the point across.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd rather get cancer and die then pick this game up new for $60. I refuse to support this lazy cash grab, especially when it actively insults my intelligence. I'll eventually pick this game up used on Amazon or from somebody's dumpster.

Having it further bad that we can't get it uncensored...because of the stupid regional lockout and that a Jap Wii-U right now is expensive.

While right now getting the game is low on my priority list, I do want to get it and play it. My only huge gripe is why oh why they didn't dub it in English. The game is about music right? Isn't understanding the songs a little important?

Well...if you don't mind the fanservice being removed, go ahead. Most people are waiting for a price cut on it. Thank god that I've only got this game for 50 dollars with the layaway 5.00 dollar ticket with the credit points saved up.

Edited by PuffPuff

Well...if you don't mind the fanservice being removed, go ahead. Most people are waiting for a price cut on it. Thank god that I've only got this game for 50 dollars with the layaway 5.00 dollar ticket with the credit points saved up.

What do you mean by "most people"? Aside from you and one more I can name, the people posting in this thread have played it and all given positive review of it without being disturbed at all by the lack of "fanservice". Others admit they are not too into it, but that's because of their taste in games.

And why did you get the game at all if you are so negative about it? First you rant about the English version removing content and then you are relieved you got the, what I presume, the Japanese version for a discount because otherwise, you wouldn't buy it?

• 2 weeks later...

What do you mean by "most people"? Aside from you and one more I can name, the people posting in this thread have played it and all given positive review of it without being disturbed at all by the lack of "fanservice". Others admit they are not too into it, but that's because of their taste in games.

And why did you get the game at all if you are so negative about it? First you rant about the English version removing content and then you are relieved you got the, what I presume, the Japanese version for a discount because otherwise, you wouldn't buy it?

Official Translation.

Just like with Fates...I'm going to have both versions. Only have both versions of Fates, because I wanted to play the game so badly before English release (Which they did even a good job on that and lazed away with Mirage Sessions). The Jap version was worth every cent. Plus, hate being told what we can or cannot see.

Edited by PuffPuff