QOTD ♚♛ 1522 - Movies you don't see the appeal of?

Chen

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Freohr Datia said:

the missing context (man I'm good for knowing missing context aren't I I say even though this is only the second time I've had to do this recently) is the qotd is probably causing her actual physical pain, either from just thinking about all her favorites or from having trouble narrowing it down to one

yes u get me

anyway my answer is PARK SUNYOUNG better known as LUNA

e:

Spoiler

technically speaking she's the best female main vocalist from a currently active kpop group despite her relatively young age

and she didn't even get scouted for her singing abilities, it was her dancing that got her in (which i also really love her for)

also she can rap and act and write lyrics and compose music

her solo debut album "free somebody" is also the only 2016 kpop album i can think of off the top of my head without a single love song on it??

on that album, her self-written song "i wish" was written to her younger self (back when she superstruggled with body image issues) and listening to it gives me lots of confidence

TO TOP IT OFF SHE'S SUPER KIND AND DONATED HALF HER ALBUM SALES TO CHARITY AND RECENTLY ALSO DONATED 14400 SANITARY PADS TO WOMEN WHO CAN'T AFFORD THEM

plus she designed a brand of underwear called "girls can do anything" thats currently being sold and all of the profits will be donated to the korean unwed mothers families association

she's not really as well known as other female artists in the kpop industry but i really love and respect her because she is undeniably talented and selfless

Edited by hσng
stan luna

10 hours ago, Parrhesia said:

lol unironically, nicely done

Thanks!!

And on topic, I suppose my number one celebrity overall (so not taking into account whatever TV shows I'm currently into and just looking at all celebrities in the long run) would be Jackie Chan. I really admire the guy for literally being self-sacrificing in the stunts he does (even if he's unable to do it anymore due to old age, I still think he's got the same self-sacrificing heart even if his body can't keep up these days). He also has done a lot of charities in the past, specifically for helping out kids since he knows that a lot of young people like his movies due to the humour, stunts, and action he puts into them. I also admire how he thinks of them so much, to the point that he heavily protests against doing lewd scenes or being cast as a bad guy, to set a good example for them.

What does that even mean? Vote? 

Assuming that's what this phrasing means, yes, I do vote in elections.

what does this question even mean?

If it's about voting, then yeah, I do. Voting is mandatory here, and even if it weren't, I'd surely vote election.

Edited by Nobody

34 minutes ago, Chen said:

QOTD 1162 - Do you elect for any political decisions?

I elect that this sort of question needs to be phrased with better clarity.

As for if I vote, I've only missed one vote session (well, there were several elections that day) since I could vote, and that was because I didn't get to applying for a postal vote and where I come from is a different constituency to where I work.

Yeah, the textbook we had for historical development of public law because I love that subject. 
Also parts of my consitutional law and international law textbooks.

Tbh I'd read through all my law textbooks again in my free time if I had more free time.
I probably will get around to it eventually.

Like, doesn't it stop being free time if i start studying?

i don't follow schedules, so yeah, i've read my textbooks in moments that could be described as "free time".

Very rarely - I've looked through my Design History textbook when trying to talk about architecture and shit. I'm assuming this doesn't just mean 'any set text' though - since a lot of set texts are, well, good.

4 hours ago, Nobody said:

Like, doesn't it stop being free time if i start studying?

i don't follow schedules, so yeah, i've read my textbooks in moments that could be described as "free time".

not necessarily

as somebody who isn't in university/college anymore, I still on rare occasion start looking back through my geology book or my biology textbooks that I still have, either to refresh my memory or just because I felt like it and that is absolutely my free time that I'm using

Who doesn't? 

I've read textbooks often, ranging from stories to study books, school books, e.t.c. Although next year I'll be pretty much reading educational books, school books e.t.c. all those stuff that we need in school, you get the gist.

I have on occasion tried to read books like maths books to remember a theorem. Not in a long while though.

History textbooks are often pretty fun reads.

Math textbooks, in comparison, tend to be fairly dry and filled with jargon (seriously why does math textbooks have to have such complicated english). I was told they were a good way to fall asleep with. Except I tried that with my algorithms textbook and it was super well-written and actually pretty entertaining so I kept on reading anyway.

Edited by Thor Odinson