The hell is wrong with lunatic RNG - Birthright

Knightmare

Can't even get past chapter 3 due to my attacks always missing and Omozus always hitting doesn't matter whether I pair up with Felecia or Gunter or go it alone I can never kill the b******. And it's not like I can try any other strategy because the game doesn't give me anything, no-one can seem to f****** hit him.

How am I meant to continue the game, if I somehow get past this RNG f*** over will it happen again?

The hitrates are iffy but you just need to play it slowly and it'll work out. If you can make Felicia debuff him first it gets way easier.

I try that but she always misses the attack, so does avatar and Gunter, they literally never ever land a single hit.

I don't think I've paired anyone in that chapter, but I had Jacob so my experience was probably different. I used Gunther to block the right side (which did give him two kills in total I think, it's a trade-off), I used Jacob to finish off Kaze (Felicia might do the same I think cause Kaze really have no health left) while on the right side my Kamui can handle the pressure with one healing at some point I believe. I went +Str/-Lck though so your mileage may vary (also, I restarted my game until the first two level up came out decent, the second one being at the start of this battle, I had +9 in important stats at lvl 3)

I think you've got the wrong chapter in mind, that's chapter 2 and I had literally no issue with that one

I try that but she always misses the attack, so does avatar and Gunter, they literally never ever land a single hit.

I think you've got the wrong chapter in mind, that's chapter 2 and I had literally no issue with that one

You're entirely right, I forgot about the third chapter's existence, sorry about that. The Kamui/Gunther pairing was key for finishing that chapter as the Avatar would take 1 or no damage from most enemies except the boss. For the last boss, I would use Jacob to weaken it (paired up with Ghunter for survival purpose) then transfer Gunther to Kamui and beat him in a straight fight (might have to heal, can Felicia heal too?), I don't know if Felicia can survive though. If you have any problem with him, just don't fight him before the end, and if even keeping him for the end isn't enough, you can always go back to heal at the fort.

edit: you can also weaken him with Gunther, he'll have less than half the HP after Gunther hit him once and you'll barely lose any exp. Generally don't engage, let him hit you on his turn so you can back away (and he can survive Gunther)

Edited by Arkayjiya

Even if you miss 40 times in a row, if you're careful and run back to heal you'll hit eventually. If you're dying because you're impatient with 60s then you know what the issue is.

I've cleared every enemy so the boss is only one left.

Felecia Gunter and Kamui are all at full health

Pair Gunter and Felicia up and attack she misses and he kills her straight away, move in with Kamui he misses and barely manages to survive only to get killed on enemy turn

I try attack with only Felicia she misses and gets killed so a I pair kamui to Gunter he moves in misses and barely survives then gets killed on enemy next turn

No matter what I do my units are always missing their attacks and then getting killed on the enemies turn.

The boss is the only one left and my units never get a hit on him

It's not because I'm rushing, I've racked up 67 turns and the outcome is still the same RNG just keeps f****** me in the ass

How am I meant to move back when units get greyed out after attacking? There's no rescue staff available or swap ability or anything

Pair Gunter and Felicia up and attack she misses and he kills her straight away, move in with Kamui he misses and barely manages to survive only to get killed on enemy turn

Like I said, do not attack the boss, let him attack you so you can retreat and heal.

If Felicia cannot survive, Kamui will. And Gunther can definitely hurt him badly to ease the fight.

Edited by Arkayjiya

Are you on Casual and loading from a battle save? It keeps the RNG sequence so that you can't cheese through it by resetting over and over.

Try this:

-On your turn, pair Gunter to Corrin. Move Corrin into melee on the left of Omozus. Wait. Do not attack.

-Move Felica tot he tile 2 tiles left of Corrin

-End Turn

-On EP, Ozomus will attack and Corrin will counterattack. Corrin shouldn't be able to die from this.

-Move Corrin to the left of Felicia

-Have Felicia heal Corrin (if the boss can still kill him, spend another turn healing)

-End Turn

-Move Corrin beside Ozomus and wait.

-End Turn

-On EP, Ozomus will attack and Corrin will counterattack.

-Repeat turns 2 and 3 until Ozomus is dead.

Learn to judge when to give the enemy the first strike. Otherwise, you won't get far in Lunatic.

Edited by Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi

Are you on Casual and loading from a battle save? It keeps the RNG sequence so that you can't cheese through it by resetting over and over.

Try this:

-On your turn, pair Gunter to Corrin. Move Corrin into melee on the left of Omozus. Wait. Do not attack.

-Move Felica tot he tile 2 tiles left of Corrin

-End Turn

-On EP, Ozomus will attack and Corrin will counterattack. Corrin shouldn't be able to die from this.

-Move Corrin to the left of Felicia

-Have Felicia heal Corrin (if the boss can still kill him, spend another turn healing)

-End Turn

-Move Corrin beside Ozomus and wait.

-End Turn

-On EP, Ozomus will attack and Corrin will counterattack.

-Repeat turns 2 and 3 until Ozomus is dead.

Learn to judge when to give the enemy the first strike. Otherwise, you won't get far in Lunatic.

Ok thanks I'll give that a shot hopefully it'll work for me