Starting the Paleo diet at the end of the month

Caliban of Sycorax

I've been doing research into this for quite some time, and I have decided to undergo the Paleo diet for a week at the end of this month. I'm truly hoping to improve my quality of life with this, and especially shed weight that I've gained over the past few months.

For background, I've always been overweight, I was just born with a big figure and a bad family history. I peaked at around 230 lbs. in 2013. I eventually started losing weight, losing about 30+ lbs. by January 2014, and the weight continued, me hitting my lowest at around 180 in April 2015. However, personal life struggles in September 2015 caused me to gain some of it back--roughly 30 lbs. I've been working out since then, even running a lot more, but I still feel a lot of issues. The Paleo diet is my next step, mostly because it will force me to cut a lot of the things that probably make me gain weight: mainly bread and beer. I already eat a lot of the approved foods on the diet, especially lean meats, tree nuts, and fruits and vegetables.

I've received some great advice thus far, but I am always looking for more. I want to be fully prepared: my goal is to have a full meal plan by the time my diet starts so I know what I am putting into my body.

I have a few requests from you, the Serenes Forest community, if anyone can help me:

• Any Paleo-friendly recipes you have to offer me
  • Iodine: this is the biggest one, because Paleo diet says no to salt. I am not sure how to get a proper iodine intake without table salt, so if anyone knows other iodine-rich foods I can look into, I would be grateful.
  • Vegan cheese: I love cheese, especially on my eggs. Is that considered Paleo? Probably depends on the other ingredients, but I am looking hopefully into cheese made with almond milk instead.
  • Red meat: I don't eat red meat right now because I don't like the high fat content, but since I am cutting so much else, should I eat it for the week? I already eat plenty of poultry and am willing to get some good fish to cook, but should I add another protein as well?

Thanks, everyone, for the advice in advance!

I think tracking what you eat and how much you eat would help a lot more. But if you want to see how you can make something with mostly meat and veggies yummy, I don't mind throwing a recipe or two your way. . .just let me know what foods you'd like to try!