Super Robot Wars ∀: Deep Space IC Thread - Part 1: The Culmination

Nanami Touko

Astin blinked and then smiled slightly as the mechs appeared near the plateau in front of them. Pressing the com button, they called out, "Steel-3 here. Giant-2, I know I was advocating grouping up but if we want to be pushing them before they're ready, I can get a shot on the one that doesn't belong. And if you follow me, we can put them in a bit of a pincer move."

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moving along with Thorvald's proposed image of the battlefield, Jessica pushed the ship forward, deciding on her own that being slightly closer would be best for the crew. It put the ship at just a bit more risk, but with how well it was outfitted, she wasn't the most afraid of it taking severe damage. The Velites were another story, and the Accensus Brant was in, having already taken a hit to the engine. "Giant-1 to squad, we're going to keep you covered, over."

Jess moves to 11,10

Edited by Melissa

"Emergencies unknown! Big trouble," Juria agreed. "I let everyone aware of battle happenings, Miss Captain. Carefulness for fire taken soon, as well. Will go off explaining now! Here, good luck cat friend." She placed Reo just by Jess's side before jogging out of the room. Even as she left, Juria could be heard shouting across the halls. "Time for readiness, everyone! Emergency flying for leviathan ship, we've got trouble! Have to be ready to fix damage if not all things working correctly!"

"I like the gumption, Steel 3, but that custom mech is a complete unknown for the moment. Now that we have a better grasp on their position I can certainly authorize an engage on one of the leading machines, but it's prudent to hold off on the manned craft for just a touch longer. I'll gladly pincer them with you in a minute, but I honestly don't know that I could push this machine hard enough to cover that much ground with that plateau in the way. That said... if we both take that plateau now, we should have the flexibilty we need after the current exchange. Everyone else, feel free to make some slight deviations from the early plan in the light of the new intel."

Thorvald noted that the Heion had already proactively veered course a little, which was a good sign. The captain must be calming down and getting back on her game. As for him, time to get this show on the road.

Thorvald to 14,10, Wrist Gatling Heracles 1

Edited by Balcerzak

"... Fair enough Giant-2. I was thinking a quick strike on him might distract him enough to cause him to make a mistake but you're right. I'll follow you in and see who is in range."

"Ahhh... Haha... Thank you." Whenever they finally got the loudspeakers on the ship working, well, that day couldn't come soon enough. It was amusing, at least, in light of everything. And the cat was cute... For a robot.

Thorvald pushes thrusters to the max and hits the top of the plateau! If only height mattered in SRW!

Target: Heracles #1
Weapon: Gatling Gun
Final Hit: 89
Final Crit: 19
Roll: 2,18
Hit
Crit!
Final Damage: 29
Final Crit Damage: 44

Thorvald gains 15 EXP, +2 Will

Heracles #1 Counters w/AA Missiles
Final Hit: 86
Final Crit: 0
Roll: 10,80
Hit
no crit
Final Damage: 9

Thorvald Gains +2 Will
Edited by Melissa

Elaine watched as Thorvald pounded the closest mech. And it got pounded HARD. She could see the damage through her targeting system's screen. She had a wild grin on her face as she aimed her rifle at the mech. "Ripe for the picking."

Elaine uses Sniper Rifle on Heracles 1.

Dead end shot!

Target: Heracles 1
Weapon: 175mm Sniper Rifle
Final Hit: 84
Final Crit: 22
Roll: 60,12
Hit
Crit!
Final Damage: 74
Final Crit Damage: 111

Heracles #1 explodes-- violently!

Elaine gains 120 EXP, +6 Will, +5 PP

Tarquin readied his aim, the enemy's formation had been broken by Elaine's shot - they were too vulnerable to deal with such a long range assault. Effective range was the most powerful decider of a battle's outcome, if one could strike without their enemies being able to retaliate, it would be difficult for them to mount a response.

Tarquin uses Snipe and attacks Heracles #3 with his Sniper Rifle

Heracles #3 certainly wasn't programmed to expect a shot from that distance!

Target: Heracles #3
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Final Hit: 89
Final Crit: 27
Roll: 1, 65
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 80

Heracles #3 doesn't know how to respond...
Tarquin gains +15 EXP, +3 Will.

In one good, thruster-impulsed jump Astin's Velite reaches the plateau with little effort, and fires a sneaky Chakram at Heracles 3!

Target: Heracles 3
Weapon: Energy Chakram
Final Hit: 73
Final Crit: 29
Roll: 12, 71
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 64

Heracles 3 counters!
Target: Astin Doyle
Weapon: AA Missiles
Final Hit: 79
Roll: 22, 27
Hit!
No Crit.
Damage: 21

Astin gains 15 EXP, +4 Will.

The Heracles' missiles connect in response, but its frame is next to crumbling!

"What the hell!?" The silver haired man grunted and yelped in surprised as one of his toys was broken in an instant, the other severely damaged. "You've gotta be kidding me! They're just recruits! Cocky little freaks! I'll show you what a true battle is!" With an angry grin splayed across his face, he got his robot to pull out a rather long rifle, energy charging around the barrel. "Stay right there... You're right where I want you~!" That new Velite that had boosted onto the plateau was in the perfect range for a decent shot. "Just gotta line it up..."

There they were... the AI controlled mecha that had been reprogrammed, as well as one obvious outlier... the different paint job from the others and different movement pattern made it clear that the pilot had no intention of hiding themselves by mirroring the units they had repurposed. Well, less work for them, Seung-Min noted to herself, as their coordinated assault quickly brought one Heracles down, Seung-Min getting into position to finish off a second. Of course, the enemy quickly exuded feelings of anger, and pulled out a rifle, aiming at Astin. Better call it out, just in case.

"Steel-3, evade. Enemy... aiming for you."

Kim to 14,11, Attack Heracles 3 with TK Ripper

TK energy rips and tears!

Target: Heracles #3
Weapon: TK Ripper
Final Hit: 97
Final Crit: 35
Roll: 85,82
Hit
No crit
Final Damage: 71

Heracles #3 explodes!

Kim gains 120 EXP, +5 Will, +5 PP

Tarquin had been watching the enemy group move for a little, he didn't even need to use their behaviour to tell which one was the leader. Steel-1 had finished the target he'd tagged, the enemy attack would be rather limited after losing the two at the front. Their AI didn't seem terribly advanced, their actions weren't much better than the test tanks, but at least they had some sort of human directing them.

"This is Steel-2, the enemy is using standard AI behaviours, although it is almost certain that human instructions override usual behaviours. They're not like the training enemies, they will zone in on a single target if the opportunity presents itself." Tarquin announced over comms. "Steel-3, it is unlikely that your effective range is sufficient to respond to a distant attack. I would recommend Steel-1's suggestion, we currently have no data on the unit's weaponry and it would be best not to acquire it from a direct hit."

Well, it looked like Thorvald had a plan to get them out of this mess. "On the way, Giant-2." replied Mateus, hurrying into position. His robot wasn't in perfect condition after dealing with the earlier section of the training excerise, but it was still serviceable, as long as he didn't do anything too rash. He stopped next to one of the Legionaries, which also seemed to be slightly damaged, and quickly went to work fixing that. "Watch yourself, Giant 3." he muttered, occasionally glancing back at the approaching Heracles. They didn't know anything about their enemy, but it didn't bother him. It was just one more ship they had to deal with. The real test starts now.

Mateus to 11,12, Repair Elaine

Edited by SB.

Astin grimaced as the threat was pointed out to them. "Don't know if I'm going to be able to dodge it... Time to brace for a hit..." The first bit was broadcast to the group as a whole, while the last bit was just muttered under their breath.

"Booyah!" She said, clenching her fist in a successful pose. In reality, Elaine had been incredibly lucky. The attack from Thorvald had revealed vital spots that Elaine was able to take advantage of in her shot, which had easily dispatched the AI. She didn't care, she was pumped to take out something, as many had unfortunately learned during her tests and simulations.

She soon found her mech being repaired and herself being messaged by Mateus. "Giant-3 to Steel-4. Thanks for that. I ain't making any promises, but I'll be careful."

Bruno hustles east, patiently observing the enemy. His motivation and capabilities should be clear soon enough.

Bruno to (7,11), picks up TASTY BEVERAGES for the kids

Mateus repairs Elaine for 35 HP!

Mateus gains +50 EXP

Bruno slides into a 7/11

Brant enters HOVER MODE or does some figure eights idk

Enemy Phase/Turn 3

*A.I. Noises*

Heracles #2 moves to 16,11 to attack Astin w/Beam Sword!

Final HIt: 68
Final Crit: 6
Roll: 58,32
Hit
no crit
Final Damage: 44

Astin gains +2 Will

Astin counters w/Beam Sword!
Final Hit: 100!
Final Crit: 29
Roll: 84,29
Hit
Crit!
Final Damage: 54
Final Crit Damage: 81

Astin gains +15 EXP, +2 Will

*A.I. Noises*

Heracles #5 moves to 14,12 to attack Kim w/Beam Sword!

Final Hit: 40
Final Crit: 5
Roll: 60,25
Miss!

Kim gains +2 Will

Kim counters w/Beam Rifle!
Final Crit: 25
Roll: 3,61
Hit
no crit
Final Damage: 50

Kim gains +15 EXP, +2 Will

*A.I. Noises*

Heracles #4 moves to 14,13 to attack Kim w/Machine Gun!

Final Hit: 35
Final Crit: 5
Roll: 78,72
Miss

Kim gains +2 Will

Kim counters w/Hyper Particle Bazooka!
Final Crit: 25
Roll: 23,36
Hit
no crit
Final Damage: 86

Kim gains +15 EXP, +2 Will

Heracles D aims at Astin!

"Eat this!"

Weapon: 165mm Gauss Rifle!
Final Hit: 41
Astin Evades!
Final Hit: 20
Final Crit: 16
Roll: 63,50
Miss

Astin gains +1 Will

"Tch! Stay still you lucky punks!"

Player Phase/Turn 4

7zctIzn.png

Objective: Defeat All Enemies

Battle Mastery: Complete the above by the end of turn 5 Player Phase

Bruno continues to move forward at full speed, until he is finally in reach of the enemy. He couldn't contribute much, but at least he could soften one up.

"Be of good cheer, comrades. We are in position to overwhelm the enemy."

Bruno casts Cheer on Thorvald!
Bruno to (12,11), attack Heracles #4 with Wrist Gatling

This was far too easy. She was expecting a challenge from something actually trying to kill her. But what she got was just a bunch of pitiful AI patterns easily taken care of. This had gone on long enough. Elaine switched on her loudspeakers. "Hey! Whoever you are in the black Heracles, I'm giving you 10 seconds to put down your weapons and surrender before I come over a kick your ass myself!" She was honestly hoping this mystery person kept fighting. She needed a good round or two before she was satisfied.

Bruno casts cheer on Thorvald!

Bruno moves to 12,11 to fire on Heracles #4 w/ his gatling guns!

Final Hit: 95
Final Crit: 16
Roll: 72,65
Hit
no crit
Final Damage: 30

Bruno gains +15 EXP, +2 Will

Heracles X4 counters w/ AA Missiles
Final Hit: 84
Roll: 99,94
Miss!

"Huh? What the hell? One of these kids is actually talking shit? Haha!" Duane cackled, but he didn't bother turning his speakers on, he simply lowered his robot's gun, and moved its hand to motion at Elaine's mech, beckoning it towards him. "Come and get some, if you really think you're all that..."

"Who just talked on their speakers!? Elaine!?" Jess jumped onto the comms, just a bit upset. "Do not engage in speaking to the enemy, under any circumstances! Goodness..." Who would just go and do something like that? That's so ridiculous...