Zelda U E3 Predictions - Call it Before It Happens

Captain Karnage

Alright, pets have it pretty good. I was more thinking of the livestock, who are essentially bred to be tasty. Sure, they get food and protection, but.... they're not treated very well.

Yeah, it sucks to be them, to an extent. But having food and protection is always nice.

Yes, ignore anyone with an even slightly different opinion than you. That's a good philosophy to have in life.

I mean, Sticker Star's hatedom does the exact same thing but with people like me who actually like the game.

Again, you aren't in a good position to call people out. You have a habit of going after people with opinions different from yours in a rather childish way.

Grow up a little, please. Maybe then you can hold decent conversations.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it sucks to be them, to an extent. But having food and protection is always nice.

Again, you aren't in a good position to call people out. You have a habit of going after people with opinions different from yours in a rather childish way.Grow up a little, please. Maybe then you can hold decent conversations.

You're the one who needs to grow up. Notice how I have never stated "this game is bad and you should feel bad for liking it"

I have literally only expressed what I don't like. I've flat out said multiple times that you can feel free to like the game. I've been posting my issues. Not yours, mine.

This is not a game hug box. It's about what we think about the game. If it's actually the Zelda Wii U Hype Fest, then name it as such.

Edited by Ms. Bunch

You're the one who needs to grow up. Notice how I have never stated "this game is bad and you should feel bad for liking it"

I have literally only expressed what I don't like. I've flat out said multiple times that you can feel free to like the game. I've been posting my issues. Not yours, mine.

You have tried to force FEF to look at Pokémon designs the same way you do. You tried to shut down a stupid joke game about killing Tharja simply because you didn't like it.

I'm just saying, you really need to find a better way to express your opinions. As is, you're really childish about it. If you work to improve this, then you'll be able to call people out on it in a way that wouldn't be considered entirely hypocritical.

You have tried to force FEF to look at Pokémon designs the same way you do. You tried to shut down a stupid joke game about killing Tharja simply because you didn't like it.I'm just saying, you really need to find a better way to express your opinions. As is, you're really childish about it. If you work to improve this, then you'll be able to call people out on it in a way that wouldn't be considered entirely hypocritical.

Tharja is a beautiful character, but to talk about killing anyone or any character a horrific thing to do. I was absolutely right to oppose it. It only existed because you hate her.

As for the Pokemon thing, I'm not going to say I was right about that. But that Tharja game? 100% right.

Tharja is a beautiful character, but to talk about killing anyone or any character a horrific thing to do. I was absolutely right to oppose it. It only existed because you hate her.

As for the Pokemon thing, I'm not going to say I was right about that. But that Tharja game? 100% right.

It was a joke. It was clearly intended to be a joke, and you majorly overreacted.

People don't all see eye to eye. Personally, I don't mind talking about killing characters (real people are different). Even ones I like. For example, I don't mind if someone makes a joke about killing Sayaka Miki, considering (PMMM Ep 8 spoiler) she actually does die by becoming a witch and that is one of my favorite moments in the anime.

The fact you tried to force me (and the others in the thread) to see it your way is the problem, not that you see it like that.

I have a question: why is Link right-handed in this game? He's always been a left-handed hero; and was only right-handed when it came to the Wii games because of the Wii remote. This game is for the Wii U/NX, so why is he right-handed in all the footage they've shown? I hope that Link can be left-handed or right-handed in this game.

I have a question: why is Link right-handed in this game? He's always been a left-handed hero; and was only right-handed when it came to the Wii games because of the Wii remote. This game is for the Wii U/NX, so why is he right-handed in all the footage they've shown? I hope that Link can be left-handed or right-handed in this game.

Apparently, Aonouma designed this game is so open-ended to the point that you can go straight to the final boss from the beginning of the game, and effectively skip all of the story. That's pretty badass, but also completely insane. At least we know what speedrunners will be doing.

Edited by Dai

You do realize you are talking about a character from Fire Emblem, a game series that involves you killing people. Also, the game was a joke that you just kind of jumped in to tell them that it is wrong for them to joke like that. I'm fairly certain Glac wouldn't overreact if someone made a joke about killing Wolt.

Well. Personally I don't see what the big deal is. He could just reincarnate into someone who is right-handed? Idk. I say he should just be ambidextrous in this game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ung43K2wDHE

Apparently, Aonouma designed this game is so open-ended to the point that you can go straight to the final boss from the beginning of the game, and effectively skip all of the story. That's pretty badass, but also completely insane. At least we know what speedrunners will be doing.

...What. Okay, this is stupid. Why even have the story and everything else then? Why have any of the apparent 100+ shrines? Not even ALttP was that open and not even MM had that much optional stuff. Everything being side stuff effectively makes this an extremely short game which is lame.

I'm starting to reconsider getting this at all now. This is really dumb.

Edited by Anacybele

...What. Okay, this is stupid. Why even have the story and everything else then? Why have any of the apparent 100+ shrines? Not even ALttP was that full of optional stuff. Everything being side stuff effectively makes this an extremely short game which is lame.

I'm starting to reconsider getting this at all now. This Iis really dumb.

You ever hear the saying, it's not the destination, it's the journey? They're giving you the freedom to have as much of a journey as you like. And personally, I quite like that (and I personally will be exploring every possible nook and cranny that I can before heading towards the final boss's lair.) Hell, had you not needed a sword and the eight pieces of the Triforce in the original game, you could have practically beaten the entire game just by going to Ganondorf's lair, if memory serves.

It all depends on how it's executed. Chrono Trigger is heralded as one of the best games ever, and that one lets you fight the final boss incredibly early.

You ever hear the saying, it's not the destination, it's the journey? They're giving you the freedom to have as much of a journey as you like. And personally, I quite like that (and I personally will be exploring every possible nook and cranny that I can before heading towards the final boss's lair.) Hell, had you not needed a sword and the eight pieces of the Triforce in the original game, you could have practically beaten the entire game just by going to Ganondorf's lair, if memory serves.

Not to mention many open world games does their story telling like this just by the environments and not by character interactions. Metroid Prime's story is mostly told by the log datas found in the environments you explore when you are in enemy bases and search for goods. Fallout does most of its story telling by observation of the environments like why did everyone die in this facility and the evidence that is left over gives you the entire story of it all.

I honestly like the way this game's story is going to be presented. The opening raises a lot of questions, from both the player and Link himself, and finding the answers seems to be a major draw. It's very mysterious. You don't have to find these answers, but you want to.

No, never heard such a saying before. And you still needed those Triforce pieces and all, didn't you? What if while I'm exploring, I stumble across what I think is a normal dungeon, only to find myself at Ganon? I'd be pretty mad because I didn't find the rest of the game first.

No, never heard such a saying before. And you still needed those Triforce pieces and all, didn't you? What if while I'm exploring, I stumble across what I think is a normal dungeon, only to find myself at Ganon? I'd be pretty mad because I didn't find the rest of the game first.

It is pretty clear where The Calamity Ganon is. He's locked up in Hyrule Castle, going to fight him first just means you made Hyrule Castle your first destination.

He'll probably OHKO you for being so underleveled.

That's usually what happens when you fight a late game boss early on.

I agree with what Jave said. If i recall correctly, it is technically "possible" to beat the final boss very early in the game, but you will have a lot easier of a time challenging him later (it's been a while since I played Chrono Trigger).

So I take that to mean that it is possible to challenge the final boss in this game, but the boss might be too hard.... I am not sure how it will work in this game, but I am not against the idea

He'll probably OHKO you for being so underleveled.

That's usually what happens when you fight a late game boss early on.

I recall this hapenning to me in Chrono Trigger when I fought the big final monster lol. But at New Game+ I beat it inmediately after new game. It was epic.

Also, people complaining Link is right-handed? Damn, people surely love to nitpick.

Tbh the answer I'd give is 'what'. The answer is dumb yes because there can be different configurations, but... it's like me complaining why 3DS mage classes cast spells with their left hand while in GBA, Tellius and DS era they cast spells with their right hand.

Edit: idk, maybe fire emblem can implement left-handed archers with customized bows.

Edited by Quintessence

I'm guessing that Ganon's location is probably not the easiest thing to find. Or at the very least they will fill the area with high level enemies to make it very clear to you that you are near Ganon. This is a thing for the speed runners, it is possible but very very difficult to do.