Zelda U E3 Predictions - Call it Before It Happens

Captain Karnage

The survival aspect is what's so bad. I'm like actually completely annoyed by this

If I ever actually play this game I would only eat apples and other fruit

and I wouldn't cut down trees or burn brush because I'm not a destructive person

I don't think it's worth complaining over but I'd go the vegetarian route as well.

So I wonder how long after it comes out it will take for someone to make a naked Link run.

I'd give it 4 hours

Dammit, Nintendo, if Zelda's the hero, Link can be the prince!

Or Link and Zelda can fight together!

[/gestures at Hyrule Warriors]

Man, I'm a little bummed.

I love Link dearly, but how cool would it be for a main-series game where Zelda is the playable protagonist? I'd love it.

I'd love a co-op game where you'd need to use both Link and Zelda to get through the dungeons. Might make it a pain for people who play by themselves but.... I dunno

So, I heard you want a female protagonist in a Zelda game.

Meet my little friend...

okami_cover_wii.jpg

I still need to play that game.

I'm a big fan of Skyward Sword, its linearity is one of its best aspects. Mostly because I'm sick of empty and boring overworlds. So, how did I react to all this?

maxresdefault.jpg

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still not really happy, but I'm glad that this means that hopefully people will quit whining about Skyward Sword's linearity or Fi now. I loved both things and neither are returning. Have your fun, but do remember that Skyward Sword matters too.

I'm still not really happy, but I'm glad that this means that hopefully people will quit whining about Skyward Sword's linearity or Fi now. I loved both things and neither are returning. Have your fun, but do remember that Skyward Sword matters too.

I don't think anything's been said about Fi not returning, so I'm still hopeful.

Does anyone else think that old man is actually Ganondorf? He seems to have greenish skin, a big beard and is quite a bit bigger then Link.

A lot of people seem to think that he's King Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule.

I'd love a co-op game where you'd need to use both Link and Zelda to get through the dungeons. Might make it a pain for people who play by themselves but.... I dunno

Meet my little friend...

The_Legend_of_Zelda_Spirit_Tracks_box_ar

I'm a big fan of Skyward Sword, its linearity is one of its best aspects. Mostly because I'm sick of empty and boring overworlds.

Are you forgetting this? https://youtu.be/7qAjK7wd5QE?t=13m

Edited by Zera

What's so bad about it being more like The Elder Scrolls? It's not as if by my expectations many Zelda fans would be that familiar with that series to begin with. It's something new.

What's so bad about it being more like The Elder Scrolls? It's not as if by my expectations many Zelda fans would be that familiar with that series to begin with. It's something new.

Looking forward to this more open and interactive world. It's been confirmed that there will be a proper story, characters, towns, as well as dungeons aside from the 100+ shrines. These new features only add to the experience in my opinion.

I think these features do nothing but detract from the game. This isn't what Zelda is about. Zelda is about much more traditional things, so it's very disappointing to see Hardcore Hunter Link in the Savage Lands

yes Zera you must show someone else with a dissenting opinion the error of their ways

Strike down that skyward sword affinity with the utmost grace

I mean you do realize you have a tendency to do the exact same thing with your own opinions right.

You aren't exactly in a good position to call him out on that.

Oh, I'll still complain about the battery message or hearts message whenever the topic of SS comes up.

I don't really care if the game is linear, so long as the puzzles are cool.

Also, I'm starting to think that maybe this game is set in another timeline split after AoL. Like, Ganon's minions kill that Link, trash everything, and he gets revived in the trippy chamber.

yes Zera you must show someone else with a dissenting opinion the error of their ways

Strike down that skyward sword affinity with the utmost grace

How ironic.

Anyways, any juicy bits of information I missed by having a life and not staying glued to the stream?

It's not as if it just takes the Elder Scrolls style. Those games are from what I've seen (by this I mean I've played ES but can't make assumptions about the Zelda game) comparatively to the new Zelda more populated and larger, but as a result are also understandably simpler in their depth because of the increased scope. Putting crafting in is the sort of thing people like.

The truth is that Western RPGs are just currently doing a lot better, so it's not really surprising to see Japanese games taking inspiration from them. Not to say Zelda has really been an RPG as opposed to an action adventure due to the lack of statistics and other characteristics.

If anything, I'd be glad for an attempt at something new rather than stagnation.

Edited by Tryhard

Anyways, any juicy bits of information I missed by having a life and not staying glued to the stream?

Not sure if it was said here already, but there is a hunger meter for Link. If Link gets hungry, his hearts will start to deplete.

Also, the weather will have different effect, such rain making it hard to cook food on a fire, and thunderstorms affecting metal objects in some way, I think.

Also, I think they said that there will be no companion this time.

I think these features do nothing but detract from the game. This isn't what Zelda is about. Zelda is about much more traditional things, so it's very disappointing to see Hardcore Hunter Link in the Savage Lands

If anything this is a return to the NES games, rendered in far better graphics. Plus these gameplay snippets are intentionally avoiding story bits and town interactions.

3 new amiibo are coming: Archer Link, Rider Link and Guardian (the octopus-like thingy that is at the Time Temple).

Man, I had to get sleepy while watching the stream and take a nap and miss this announcement... Did they show what the Amiibo look like? I don't really want the Guardian one, though, that thing is creepy to me. :P

Edited by Anacybele

Also, I think they said that there will be no companion this time.

They did say that.

It's both a massive relief and a shame all at once, because some companions were pretty good characters even though some were also mega-annoying.

Man, I had to get sleepy while watching the stream and take a nap and miss this announcement... Did they show what the Amiibo look like?

Yes Edited by Glaceon Mage

If anything this is a return to the NES games, rendered in far better graphics. Plus these gameplay snippets are intentionally avoiding story bits and town interactions.

Link holding everything on his person does remind me alot of his Zelda 1 art as well, adding to that NES line.

Xtpq3do.png?1

Glac: Oh, cool! I need to go see them!

Not sure if it was said here already, but there is a hunger meter for Link. If Link gets hungry, his hearts will start to deplete.

Oh wow, now THAT is interesting. lol Next thing we know now, he'll have a sleep meter too. Which would be even funnier considering the running gag of him being asleep or unconscious at the start of the game. lol

You could make Link sleep in SS, but that was for going to night time mode, not for his energy (though it did also have this effect on the side).

Edited by Anacybele

Glac: Oh, cool! I need to go see them!

Oh wow, now THAT is interesting. lol Next thing we know now, he'll have a sleep meter too. Which would be even funnier considering the running gag of him being asleep or unconscious at the start of the game. lol

You could make Link sleep in SS, but that was for going to night time mode, not for his energy (though it did also have this effect on the side).

A bit off-topic, but I think you may want to hear, that a Daisy amiibo was announced.

Before today I always thought that the open world take on Zelda wouldn't be any more extreme than say, the Gothic trilogy, but it seems they had more in mind.

I am worried about the plateau area. It's pretty looking and their are sandbox things to do with the enemies, but it looks like too much of a tutorial section. The most interesting trial was still like 2 puzzles and 1 enemy long.... I was kind of hoping that classic style dungeons were going to be "compatible" with the open world thing, even with the problems of you just clambering into them from any side instead of using a single entrance.

A bit off-topic, but I think you may want to hear, that a Daisy amiibo was announced.

You're a bit late, I just found that out on my own. lol BUT I AM ECSTATIC ABOUT IT. I finally can have Amiibo of my top three favorite Nintendo characters!! Ike, Luigi, and Daisy!

Edited by Anacybele

I agree. They are intentionally avoiding the main dungeons and story/characters so there are no spoilers. Showcasing only the new open world aspect is a safe way to go about it. Once we get our hands on the game, I'm sure some of the more grounded aspects of Zelda will become more apparent.

Edited by DragonLord

Before today I always thought that the open world take on Zelda wouldn't be any more extreme than say, the Gothic trilogy, but it seems they had more in mind.

I am worried about the plateau area. It's pretty looking and their are sandbox things to do with the enemies, but it looks like too much of a tutorial section. The most interesting trial was still like 2 puzzles and 1 enemy long.... I was kind of hoping that classic style dungeons were going to be "compatible" with the open world thing, even with the problems of you just clambering into them from any side instead of using a single entrance.

Well, that's kinda what it is. The non Plateau trials that were showcased in the treehouse stream were longer, generally more interesting, and weren't deliberately designed as a way to introduce you to the runes.

Yeah, I'm glad they avoided the story bits and stuff. I didn't want spoiled either. I hate spoilers. They most often ruin it for me. On occasion they can actually be helpful (like when I learned about Chrom's marriage in Awakening, for instance. It helped because I would've probably ended up marrying him to someone I didn't intend to put him with if I hadn't learned how it worked), but a majority of the time, they're nothing but trouble.