Lord Tier List

Marth is shit tier in FE11? Lyn and Eirika are far less useful imo *war flashback to base def Lyn and base Str Eirika*

eirika slightly above lyn because though the mani katti is better than rapier, eirika gets a horse on promotion and even if you went ephraim's route, and got a few levels only, sieglinde is strong and can do something against the monsters late game

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure Celice and Sigurd should be in the same tier. Celice doesn't have a horse until you feed him 20 levels and in Holy War that makes a massive difference.

all celice needs is the elite ring and then he can easily promote on the same chapter you get him and get his horse and he's pretty much sigurd. the difference is so minor between the two lords that i don't even count them being two seperate characters. just dump the hero sword, all the statboosters and leg ring on them and they're pretty much invincible

Edited by BerserkStaff

Really curious here - why do you consider Robin only decent? I didn't rank him/her on my own list (I consider the avatactician and lord role to be separate ones, admittedly with Corrin blurring the two), but if I did, s/he would be under "Great" for having semi-custom stats, the ability to support literally anyone, a good exclusive class, and easy reclassing to (almost) anything else. In my opinion, Robin's only flaws are starting out not especially strong and lacking a personal weapon. I respect your right to rank Robin this way, I'm just curious about your rationale, if you have the chance.

Honestly I didn't consider the points supports and reclassing which was a mistake by myself afterwards.

Furthermore that I didn't separate male and female Robin. Unquestionable F > M because of Galeforce.

My reason that he's "only" decent is that he gets more exp., can use melee and range weapons but is hard to use in the beginning on higher dfficulties (chapter 2 +3 in lunatic (+)). But I guess it's not a weakness of him but rather a flaw of FE13's difficulty design.

So I remove Robin and Morgan him from this list.

I partially agree with FE10 Ike, because even though his res is a problem, I personally think getting crit by a thunder sage is more of a situational problem than anything.

And I gotta disagree with Celice here, he's great even without Tyrfing, because of the Silver Sword or the Hero Sword, should you choose to keep it for him, Tyrfing just makes a good unit better. His only real downside is not starting on a horse, but that can be circumvented quickly by Elite Ring and feeding him Chapter 6 which is basically axe land redux

Idk if it's just me but I had trouble to train Celice.

His bases and growths weren't great and his base skills didn't help him much either.

The major downer is that it's Horse Emblem and that this game doesn't allow you to give Sigurd a better partner than Deidre.

Interesting that you say usefulness rather than combat ability. In my mind, Marth gets a huge boost to usefulness since he's the only one (in his games) who can visit villages. And, lords who aren't Chrom, Corrin, or Lucina are needed to seize. I'll put these aside for a moment, and rate them based on my own experience, in the highest difficulty I've used them in.

i said in my first post that i don't include marth fe12 visiting villages or else he'd be top tier

also i don't consider lucina a lord because she comes halfway through the game, or avatar/chris/morgan because it's pretty obvious they'd be at the top of the tier and they aren't exactly lords

Edited by BerserkStaff

FE9 Ike >>>>> FE10 Ike

FE9 Ike has no real weaknesses while FE10 Ike is slow and a crit by thundersage can kill him.

fe9 ike takes longer to get good but fe 10 ike is pretty much orkoing from the start and there are only so many thundersages that exist

Edited by BerserkStaff

FE9 Ike needs maybe 3-4 chapters to become great. And unlike in 10 he has no real bad stat.

The only "bad" chapter for Ike is chapter 4 because of the large number of lance users close to him in the beginning.

It's very easy to do an Ike solo in FE9, easier than in FE10 because the magic users can hurt him seriously.

FE9 Ike needs maybe 3-4 chapters to become great. And unlike in 10 he has no real bad stat.

The only "bad" chapter for Ike is chapter 4 because of the large number of lance users close to him in the beginning.

It's very easy to do an Ike solo in FE9, easier than in FE10 because the magic users can hurt him seriously.

if you're trying to get maximum bexp each chapter he's not as useful due to not being mounted. he's great, but when there are so many op mounts in the game and trying to get max bexp, he doesn't fight as often and therefore not as special. and he's not getting his first forge for a few chapters when you get to base because other units benefit more from forges than he does. you're probably having titania kill the boss asap in chapter 4 if you want max bexp and ike solo takes more turns.

there aren't even that many magic users against him and he's probably not going to die unless you purposely throw him in all those enemies at once

where should she be then

I'd put her in average, she's not quite as good as her brother since he has better bases, though she does have better caps, but it's unlikely either of them will hit level 20 promoted anyway (without grinding) given they only have 5 chapters to use their promoted forms. Even if you choose Ephraim Mode, Eirika has 8 chapters of use before then during which she can easily hit level 20 by the end of chapter 8, and if she doesn't, she should still hit it by the end of chapter 16. Her main weaknesses are her defense and resistance, which much like the Myrm class she is functionally similar to are rather poor, but even then they're still better than that of your actual Myrms, Marisa and Joshua, and even then her high speed and luck means she won't be getting hit too often in the first place, since dodge tanking is incredibly easy in the GBA titles, and her mediocre strength, a problem many Myrm type units have, including, again, this game's actual Myrms, and once again, her strength is still better than Marisa and Joshua's, and its still good enough that only Knights can really wall her except she has the Rapier so not even them.(remember, even difficult mode FE8 enemies have poor stats) She's honestly like a better Joshua, since she joins 4 chapters earlier, has the same weaknesses(other than mediocre luck, since hers is actually good), but is still better than him in said weak stats, and even has the same caps as a swordmaster Joshua, except with a slightly higher Res cap(which neither usually hits anyway). Eirika is honestly one of the best units in FE8, and that's saying something given pretty much no one in FE8 is a bad unit, and only Ewan, Amelia, and Ephraim Route Marisa need grinding to be usable(L'Arachel and Knoll come underleveled too, but L'Arachel is a staffbot so it doesn't matter and Knoll can promote immediately and is best used for summoning utility).

I think it really depends on how you look at using Lucina. Are you "long-playing" the game, grinding on monsters aplenty to build the best possible team of Limit Breaking Galeforcers? In that case, there's no question that Lucina has amazing potential. And I'd agree that FemRobin makes the best mother, because two Morgans are better than one. Especially when one wields Falchion.

But! I looked at this question more from the "main game" perspective, where grinding is minimal and I'm not leveling units ad infinitum. In which case, Lucina is held down from godly-levels by her low base stats (at least, for her joining time). Interestingly enough, I actually really like Sully as Chrom's wife, because she provides access to Swordmaster Lucina, and personally I don't play with Galeforce (although perhaps I'd really want it on Lunatic mode, I'll admit).

It doesn't matter here. Fem!Robin Lucina can easily start with Veteran and the base stats of a god at level 10, Parallel Falchion is stronger than Chrom's Falchion for some odd reason, and she has access to everything Robin has + Aether. There's no question about it, Lucina with Robin is amazing even if you're just rushing through the game. The best part is that you don't even need to do anything to make her good. No silly paralogue, no crazy requirements... Just... Beat Chapter 10. Let's say that Chrom had 15 strength when Lucina was born, and Robin had 18 with a strength asset / luck flaw. ((18-8) + (15-7) + 5) / 3 + 5 = 12 base strength and a 61% strength growth. But with her Falchion, her strength deficiency matters a lot less, as she's effectively able to use a silver weapon when she first arrives.All of her stats are like a fraction of Crhom's stats but she's several levels lower than Chrom with better growths. The only Lucina that actually really has problems is Olivia and Mary. Sumia's strength score is probably going to be decent enough if you bothered with her. So yeah, I'd say Lucina at least deserves to be middle of the line if she counts or godlike if she's Robin's daughter.

On Lunatic mode, I'd argue that Sully x Chrom is better than anything that isn't FemRobin x Chrom. Although Sumia can be really good if you're willing to maybe promote Sumia earlier and gun for Galeforce.

I put all my reasonings of the lord placement in my topic post bc too lazy to respond to everyone

You're still not saying why eirika should be placed higher than the other lords, sure she's good in her game but not amazing or crucial and Lucina isn't that amazing

Awakening has so much possibility that it's hard to rank Lucina properly. It's the same with FE4 where you have to rank children based on their fathers. You can't judge Arthur as a whole, for example, because while he is spectacular with Levin or Lex as a father, fathers like Jamka and Claude do little to no good for him. If you're going to include Lucina you need to rank her based on her possible mothers, separating the best ones while including an Every Other Mother!Lucina which would most likely place her lower.

Regarding the placement of some of these lords, FE10!Ike needs to be much lower; while he is a virtual god especially with FE9 transfers, his poor SPD and RES make him an early target. It takes him a few chapters to get really going, and then he's still not the best unit in the game when you have the extremely overpowered Haar. If we're including transfers Ike can stay where he is but otherwise he should be lower.

FE9!Ike can be lower than Hector--Hector has the best weapon type in the game with a personal Knight/Cav slayer that helps his poor SKL. His SPD is lacking but with his high defenses and HP he is at low risk to die especially in earlygame. A Speedwings can fix his problem with relative ease, and he doesn't have too much competition for it, because FE7 is generous with SPD growths. Ike is sword-locked in a game with a ridiculous amount of lances, and his personal sword is quite useless given its low power and inability to ORKO armors. FE9 is a game where mounts rule, and you have some of the best in the series (Titania, Kieran, Marcia, Jill, Oscar) to run the game for you. Ike goes from mediocre to decent in a game where most units are stellar.

You guys should be joking about FE10 Ike. He soon will cap Str, Skl and Def and you'll have plenty BEXP to raise or cap Spd, buff lck and res. There's also 2-2 Talisman which is a nice use for him. What number of sages do you have in Part 3? 3-P has some that can be killed by him, laguz, Titania or whoever you want because sages suck there. You also have plenty of healing options and once he gets Ragnell in 3-11 he's automatically one of the best units in the game, so I don't see any viable complaints about him.

Edit: also FE9 Ike sucks because he needs to rely on dodges or chips and get kills because he doesn't have the base power to ORKO and gets 3 or 4HKO at earlygame, so he's never going to be better than FE10 Ike.

Edited by Quintessence

fe10 ike's base speed is great and enemies aren't that strong in his chapters and his low res is really overrated you have to be really bad at positioning him to get him killed and he even has earth support to DODGE sage attacks if he even needed it

hector in hhm is overrated bc he'll probably never double after a while and the first speedwing does not come until chapter 27a, and the only way to get that chapter is if you deliberately not use raven enough. and fe7 has marcus, sain, and kent and they can all use axes. his offense never becomes amazing because he promotes at nearly the end of the game.

Edited by BerserkStaff

You're still not saying why eirika should be placed higher than the other lords, sure she's good in her game but not amazing or crucial and Lucina isn't that amazing

Honestly, other than Seth and Myrrh(and maybe Tana and/or Vanessa), I'd say Eirika and Ephraim are the best units in FE8, so I object to that "not amazing or crucial" statement. Not to mention she can support very quickly and very early on with Seth, the biggest game breaker in FE history. And keep in mind that since FE8 enemies are so pathetic, even though her strength is lackluster she can still one round most generics from the get go up until she hits her level cap and you start facing more promoted enemies, but soon after that she promotes and is back to one rounding. And this is all assuming you're playing "difficult" mode.

I honestly don't consider Marth's being able to visit villages as a positive for him. He has to be the one to visit villages, taking him away from combat and often going out of the way to do so. He's like a glorified thief gathering up chest treasures in that regard. It gives him a utility that every unit has as default in most games.

you forget there's gerik, duessel, cormag (makes good use of a speedwing), innes, saleh, tethys and warping moulder, most of these whom have 1-2 range and does not require training. eirika's durability isn't that great. she's not reliably dodging anything but axe users either. like i said she's fine but not as useful as the other lords. also supports are overrated in gba fire emblems. sword locked eirika doesn't make more contributions that the lords above him on the tier list

marth not visiting villages means no malliesia lol. it's assumed he's visiting villages on top of his combat. when he's not visiting villages he still makes good use of the special swords

Edited by BerserkStaff

marth not visiting villages means no malliesia lol. it's assumed he's visiting villages on top of his combat. when he's not visiting villages he still makes good use of the special swords

At the same time, some villages are required for certain game-clearing items/units, and thus Marth has to visit them on his way to the seize point. He's barely in combat in that regard.

barely in combat is sort of an overstatement. he's still a good unit whose high speed growth and rainbow potion allows him to double. he can't take more than one hit but most units can't anyways. he can even make use of the speedwings in the base shop because there isn't much competition for those. when you're using no more than 8-9 combat units and dragons exist it's not terribly hard for him to catch up. the fact that there are only so few good units in the hardest modes in the game makes his contributions more worthwhile

Edited by BerserkStaff

you forget there's gerik, duessel, cormag (makes good use of a speedwing), innes, saleh, tethys and warping moulder, most of these whom have 1-2 range and does not require training. eirika's durability isn't that great. she's not reliably dodging anything but axe users either. like i said she's fine but not as useful as the other lords. also supports are overrated in gba fire emblems. sword locked eirika doesn't make more contributions that the lords above him on the tier list

At the same time, some villages are required for certain game-clearing items/units, and thus Marth has to visit them on his way to the seize point. He's barely in combat in that regard.

My point is that in a game where Marth is on the higher end of the power curve, it hurts your army's overall fighting power when you send one of your most powerful units out of the way to visit a village, rather than the 12th man on your team, who might not be doing much else anyway.

Mind you, FE12 has a ridiculous amount of good units to the point that Marth is really not necessary for combat: Caeda, Palla, Catria, Sirius, Ogma, Luke, Cecille, and Draug are all earlygame combat gods who are viable for the entire course of the game.

And we aren't even touching the subject of My Unit, who, while you can create a poor-performing one, is almost always your best combat unit with perfect availability.

marth is still contributing a good amount when he's fighting because enemies are so hard. ogma and cecille have poor defenses on lunatic but i might consider lowering marth fe12 bc he does seem to be a burden at times but still required to kill the final boss

Edited by BerserkStaff

I'm not denying Marth's fighting ability at all. He is one of the game's best combat units, and since he's not able to be reclassed, he's also your most consistent unit. Access to several Rapiers (including the ability to forge them) makes him able to kill most anything as long as he remains within the level curve, and since most of FE12's bosses are armored, he's dealing effective damage well into the game.

Mind you, FE12 has a ridiculous amount of good units to the point that Marth is really not necessary for combat: Caeda, Palla, Catria, Sirius, Ogma, Luke, Cecille, and Draug are all earlygame combat gods who are viable for the entire course of the game.

And we aren't even touching the subject of My Unit, who, while you can create a poor-performing one, is almost always your best combat unit with perfect availability.

True, I still think Marth being the only one able to visit villages is a hindrance more than a benefit. It's utility, but it's a forced sort of utility. I forget which game, but Marth being able to open chest is a benefit, since it gives him utility, but Thieves can still open them, too, so it's not forced utility.