Birthright Chapter 21 Help

Spellsion

I've been stuck in this chapter for months now and I can't seem to pass it at all because one of my unit always dies. All of my units are level 9-10 and I'm playing on Hard classic. Can anyone tell me atleast tips to pass this Chapter

21's the lava chapter, right?

Dragon vein on the side of the orb. This will give you the path and not activate lava. Alternatively because IIRC the exp isn't even that great there, fly a bosskiller up to the boss and win.

21's the lava chapter, right?

Dragon vein on the side of the orb. This will give you the path and not activate lava. Alternatively because IIRC the exp isn't even that great there, fly a bosskiller up to the boss and win.

Yep thats the chapter, but as I notice that I have a hard time defeating the chapter, do you think my unit's levels are going to be suffice enough for the next chapter?

Edited by Spellsion

Yep thats the chapter, but as I notice that I have a hard time defeating the chapter, do you think my unit's levels are going to be suffice enough for the next chapter?

Personally, I found chapter 22 easier. After that, however, the gloves come off.

I think Izana can ORKO the boss if you just want to finish the chapter quickly (might need a Magic Tonic). Pair him up with Scarlet (who can take a couple stoneborn shots) and stay on the mountains, out of reach of the rest of the enemies until you get up there, then fly up to the boss, switch to Izana, and kill.

Alternatively, I recommend taking the chapter rather slowly. Focus on baiting the normal enemies while staying out of reach of the stoneborn, then taking out the stoneborn once the normal enemies are mostly dead. Rinse and repeat for each section of the map. The most important thing to remember is to try and keep your units from being in range of multiple stoneborn on the same turn, especially if there are also other enemies still alive in that area. Turtling can be a viable tactic in this chapter.

I think Izana can ORKO the boss if you just want to finish the chapter quickly (might need a Magic Tonic). Pair him up with Scarlet (who can take a couple stoneborn shots) and stay on the mountains, out of reach of the rest of the enemies until you get up there, then fly up to the boss, switch to Izana, and kill.

Alternatively, I recommend taking the chapter rather slowly. Focus on baiting the normal enemies while staying out of reach of the stoneborn, then taking out the stoneborn once the normal enemies are mostly dead. Rinse and repeat for each section of the map. The most important thing to remember is to try and keep your units from being in range of multiple stoneborn on the same turn, especially if there are also other enemies still alive in that area. Turtling can be a viable tactic in this chapter.

One thing to note is that there's a time limit to choose - wait too long, and the current area will get flooded with lava and enemies, though it also opens the path. Anyways, dealing with enemies and losing HP to lava at the same time isn't something I'd want to be doing....

9-10 should be reasonable to tackle 21. If in doubt you can always just sic Ryoma harder.

Ryoma winning Birthright aside, a more general strat I like to use is do some math and bait exactly the number of units a reasonably tanky unit (Oboro, Scarlet, Rinkah with a robe, etc) can take and then go hard aggro after. Even if they end up with low hp, if you math it out fine, they should not die.

Edited by Thor Odinson