A new Mario Party game is coming to the 3DS, Mario Party: Star Rush(...yes, this is a thing that was announced)

Busterman64

So in case you missed it, we're getting anew Mario Party for the 3DS!

......Ok, I honestly think this looks alright and I'm kinda liking the minigames, buuut...at the same time, have the people making the Mario Party games nowadays been listening to the fans? I'm honestly not sure because it you would think they would've heard how loud we've been about "wanting a classic styled Mario Party"! We don't mind new twists to stuff sometimes, but you have to realize that sometimes it isn't a bad idea to go back to the basics if you see thinks aren't working out. You don't always have to have a major change. You can keep the basics intact, add some interesting twist(s) to it to keep it fresh, and people will still enjoy it!

But that's just me.

I would definitely be down for this...

Except I don't want to play as a damn Toad all the time. I'm not a big fan of Toad (I only got the Amiibo because of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, which is fun. I do like Captain Toad, just not Toad in general). Yeah, I can recruit other characters, but it's not the same. No buy.

Edited by Anacybele

Except I don't want to play as a damn Toad all the time. I'm not a big fan of Toad (I only got the Amiibo because of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, which is fun. I do like Captain Toad, just not Toad in general). Yeah, I can recruit other characters, but it's not the same. No buy.

They have every character I watched the stream, this is just a special mode where all toad are played.

They have every character I watched the stream, this is just a special mode where all toad are played.

Then why does the official trailer only show this mode?

As far as I know, this is only the one mode so far. A "standard" party could still be in (and hopefully doesn't use the Party Kart).

I watched the whole thing, it looks like the same mode to me, just with the Toads swapped out for the partners they recruited.

Oh you're right, I finally understand why everyone is so confused by this commercial. This is just bad advertising, I guess they just wanted to show off the new toad scramble mode. The stream also contains no footage of any other mode (at least that I saw) but supposedly there are others.