Potential Comedic Fanfic Ideas?

Haruji-san

So, I've been on a Fire Emblem binge lately (seriously, this is one of the longest-running obsessions I've had in awhile), and I want to share my love of this incredible series the best way I know how: bizarre, twisted, self-aware parody. I would use characters ONLY from the games I have completed and have good knowledge of character-wise (Shadow Dragon, Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn, Blazing Sword, and soon Fuuin no Tsurugi). As I complete more games and expand my knowledge, more characters would come into play.

So, what kind of ideas do you have to suggest?

Remember that this will be a LOVING parody. I'm making fun of Fire Emblem's wonderful cast of characters because I love them. Except Petrine. I hate her. Passionately.

My main question would be how to go about posting new chapters. Should it be one long thread? A new thread for each chapter? I'd love to hear y'all's opinions on this matter.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Well, I've written a fanfiction (It is absolutely HORRIBLE AND BAD) about two unrelated characters from Radiant dawn.

Edward and Lyre.

If you play Radiant Dawn again, perhaps you could try pitting this odd couple together, and see what you can come up with. Their personalities are nearly polar opposites, so it might be fun.

Just try to stay away from having kids in the sand. :Lilina:

Edit - Oops. Just re-read your post. You beat Radiant dawn.... sorry?

Edited by Lord Tullus

Well if you get the idea to have Ukraine summon the Crimean Liberation Army in to stop Putin, don't do it because I did that first.

Otherwise... how about having a story about a genre savvy FE villain who's always winning because he doesn't make "rookie mistakes". For example, have him absolutely refuse to work with a shady sorcerer who wants to revive an evil dragon; he knows how that worked out for every other antagonist ever!

Well, I've written a fanfiction (It is absolutely HORRIBLE AND BAD) about two unrelated characters from Radiant dawn.

Edward and Lyre.

If you play Radiant Dawn again, perhaps you could try pitting this odd couple together, and see what you can come up with. Their personalities are nearly polar opposites, so it might be fun.

Just try to stay away from having kids in the sand. :Lilina:

Edit - Oops. Just re-read your post. You beat Radiant dawn.... sorry?

Hm... This could make for something interesting! I'll bear it in mind.

Well if you get the idea to have Ukraine summon the Crimean Liberation Army in to stop Putin, don't do it because I did that first.

Otherwise... how about having a story about a genre savvy FE villain who's always winning because he doesn't make "rookie mistakes". For example, have him absolutely refuse to work with a shady sorcerer who wants to revive an evil dragon; he knows how that worked out for every other antagonist ever!

Ooh, this sounds like a wonderful idea! Just wish I had thought of Ukraine first... XD

Thanks to both of you!

In terms of comedy, just having Xane around gives you a lot of scope.

About posting updates, I would probably opt for one thread with multiple chapters, depending on how frequently you update. If it's a series of one shots, i.e. independent stories that make sense on their own, you could make the first post act as a contents page and link it to the relevant posts thereafter. If it's one big parody, it would then flow pretty seamlessly into the next update without having to look through other threads.

• 3 weeks later...

This is a potentially dangerous idea, but how about poking fun at "peaceful" Hoshido, when RL!Japan has her share of bloodshed and imperial ambition? (I'm doing exactly that in my Fates Conquest LP.)

Hm... This could make for something interesting! I'll bear it in mind. Ooh, this sounds like a wonderful idea! Just wish I had thought of Ukraine first... XD

Thanks to both of you!

Cool. Just... don't use the pun, "Caladbuldge". :Marisa: