Madness? This... is... CONQUEST!

Shadou

Ok, silly title aside, Conquest is giving me fits. I've been trying to finish through normal classic, and it's driving me up the wall.

I guess one thing I'm learning, though, is I can NOT take any risks. At all. Ever. Got a unit that will die if it gets hit, but only 30% chance to be hit? Assume it will be hit and it will die. A unit, among other units, who if the enemy units in range dogpile on will die? Assume that unit will be dogpiled. Take no risks, leave nothing to chance. The RNG is NOT on your side.

I guess it does make sense, though, to take that kind of mentality in a strategy game. It would make a pretty poor strategy to be leaving much to chance.

very much so, and that is why defense is better then speed.

Both offensively and defensively, I'm learning. And yeah, I know all this is probably old lessons to you guys. But I think I'm finally starting to get it.

It's only taken me countless character deaths and just as many restarts. But it just kinda hit me last night. I was on chapter 25 of conquest, and had my great lord Azura attack an enemy. It was a calculated risk; if it hit her on the 32% retaliation, she was dead. But between her and the attack stance partner, who both had 100% hits, she would kill it on her second attack.

After she died, and I had to abandon the half hour to hour or so I'd already spent on the map and reset, I realized... nothing is worth risking a unit, short of the salvation of another unit guaranteed to die if you don't take the risk.

Both offensively and defensively, I'm learning. And yeah, I know all this is probably old lessons to you guys. But I think I'm finally starting to get it.

It's only taken me countless character deaths and just as many restarts. But it just kinda hit me last night. I was on chapter 25 of conquest, and had my great lord Azura attack an enemy. It was a calculated risk; if it hit her on the 32% retaliation, she was dead. But between her and the attack stance partner, who both had 100% hits, she would kill it on her second attack.

After she died, and I had to abandon the half hour to hour or so I'd already spent on the map and reset, I realized... nothing is worth risking a unit, short of the salvation of another unit guaranteed to die if you don't take the risk.

i say your learning pretty well, you can only get better from this experience i think.

more so cause it feels that fates has an RNG system like Xcom and less like recent FE's.

i say your learning pretty well, you can only get better from this experience i think.

more so cause it feels that fates has an RNG system like Xcom and less like recent FE's.

It's a hybrid RNG; basically, it's a single RN for sub-50% attacks and dual RNs for 50%+.

Yeah, dodgetanking is a fairly bad idea even if you do allow resets. Honestly what you want to do is rely on defense and resistance and use all sorts of auras and rallies to be able to modify your defensive scores at will to what's appropriate for the occasion without going so high that they don't take the bait.