• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Watched:

Death Note

FLCL

Cowboy Bebop

Hajime no Ippo (Just started watching it)

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Read:

Full Metal Alchemist

Bleach

One Piece (I'm still working on it)

Black Cat

Katekyo Hitman Reborn!

Things I want to see/read:

Samurai Champloo

Soul Eater

Cromartie High School

Bolded is new

Updated my list.

Edited by Adam

• 3 weeks later...
I, believe it or not, just started Haruhi. Never really got intrested in it before, but I must say that it's awesome.

Excellent... I love the anime. Series two should be even more awesome than the first.

the folllowing list are the anime ive completed

*code geass-both seasons were epic the way it ended was amazing

*samurai champloo-very funny great fighting scenes

*kanon-really dont know why but love this kind of anime

*air-liked the first 5-6 episodes then started to die down....loved the movie though

*shuffle!-My second favorite anime....hilarious couldnt stop laughing asa ftw

*d. gray man-hopefully they come out with more episodes but for the 103 that are its my favorite anime to date

*Haruhi-awesome anime cant wait for the second season *crosses fingers*

*black cat-wasnt as good as i would have expected it to be but still ok

the following are the anime that are on-going or are currently watching

*naruto-great anime once you take out the fillers :P

*bleach-love this anime the fillers are not that bad either

*clannad-just started watching this last night and i love it so far i wouldnt expect anything less from the writers of shuffle and air ect

thats all i can think of at the moment

~seth~

the folllowing list are the anime ive completed

*code geass-both seasons were epic the way it ended was amazing

*samurai champloo-very funny great fighting scenes

*kanon-really dont know why but love this kind of anime

*air-liked the first 5-6 episodes then started to die down....loved the movie though

*shuffle!-My second favorite anime....hilarious couldnt stop laughing asa ftw

*d. gray man-hopefully they come out with more episodes but for the 103 that are its my favorite anime to date

*Haruhi-awesome anime cant wait for the second season *crosses fingers*

*black cat-wasnt as good as i would have expected it to be but still ok

the following are the anime that are on-going or are currently watching

*naruto-great anime once you take out the fillers :P

*bleach-love this anime the fillers are not that bad either

*clannad-just started watching this last night and i love it so far i wouldnt expect anything less from the writers of shuffle and air ect

~seth~

What I've bolded there is what I've watched of what you've seen so far. The following link shows what I've watched so far:

My Anime List

Good site. It just takes ages to find/remember everything you've watched, if you haven't been using the site basically all your life...

What I've bolded there is what I've watched of what you've seen so far. The following link shows what I've watched so far:

My Anime List

Good site. It just takes ages to find/remember everything you've watched, if you haven't been using the site basically all your life...

ah stupid me i keep forgetting about that site =\ thanks

~seth~

Key, the creators of Kanon, Air, and Clannad, did not actually create Shuffle!, even though they are very similar.

My list isn't too big

Watched

DBZ - 9/10 Great action, I loved it

Death Note - 9.5/10 - Amazing plot, moved smoothly and kept you into it amazing!

Naruto - 8.5/10 I loved it, nice story and fights, I stopped watching after the saskue retrieval arc. I started watching it when it aried in America I watched it American until the Neji Hinata Fight then I started watching japs from rock lee vs gaara until I stopped

InuYasha - 9.6/10 My favorite anime, love it, fillers didn't bother me and it was great, story, characters. Fights were meh it's only downfall

Manga

Naruto - 8.5/10 I am reading shippiden I watched it until they meet saskue then I read, really good though

Inuaysha 10/10 Here the fights were good, story and everything great!

I read the first three volumes of Vagabond not too long ago. Awesome manga is awesome, although I admit to having a certain bias. :rolleyes: I'm definitely going to be reading more.

I finished reading the first volume of Phoenix (Dawn) by the legendary Osamu Tezuka.

The main thing I noticed is there are no chapters. The story does have it breaks but it isn't defined by chapters. I also appreciated the small breaks in the story to talk about the legends and historical details parts of the plot were based on (not being of Japanese origin I wouldn't know these things when it goes unexplained like in Rumiko Takahasis Urusei Yatsura as a reader I'm left confused).

Also it felt weird to have the cutsey (almost disney like) art style as part of such a serious story. The flidside is the deaths get to be cartoony rather than going for psudo realism.

Oh yeah one last thing. The volume is like 380 pages long so that is two of your typical manga sized volumes.

My Anime List

oh?

I got some updated pictures of the family anime collection. And yes, we've braved through all of them that aren't turned 90 degrees (those are the ones we still need to watch)

IMG_0307.jpg

IMG_0308.jpg

IMG_0309.jpg

IMG_0310.jpg

IMG_0311.jpg

I don't have an exact number, but that's about 1200 store bought DVDs.

Don't even want to get into the downloaded... Last time I checked (like 2 days ago) my father was burning DVD #693 (4.7 GB of media (anime + manga) on each DVD mind you).

Rei! I need to visit you and watch anime for like 19 days!!!

Fool. 19 days won't be enough

And yes, all store bought. Some at anime conventions.

Edited by Rei

19 days will be enough for us lol

impossible lol.

Lets say an average of 2 hours per DVD (usually 3-6 episodes per anime series, and movies and OVAs can range, but are usually around 2 hours I'm pretty damn sure I'm understating the average, but this is to make calculations nice and easy lol)

1200 DVDs * 2 hours each.

2400 hours.

24 hours in a day.

100 days to watch it all pretty much non stop.

Excessive, maybe, but I can blame my father for the Otaku blood in me. Though that same weekend his wife shot her first deer, so in the same basement we watch anime, we also skinned, and cut the meat off of a deer lol. Venison yum... It's not like he has absolutely no life... These days his free time consists of hunting with friends, playing Sins of a Solar Empire, or watching anime. Well, that was while I was there at least. You can probably scratch the 2nd option XD.

So yeah... It runs in the blood...

Edited by Rei

...Whoa...

We should all crash at Rei's for a couple of years, just to get us through all that.

And to keep on-topic, I've recently began watching Clannad: After Story.