I just thought of a sweet build

Fraudulent

Ok so the idea is that you need your unit with highest skill and give them the following skills.

Quixotic HoshidianUnity Skilltaker Skill+2 and NohrianTrust

This should maximize their chances of triggering skills, then pair them up with a unit with the following skills.

RendHeaven Aether Lethality Astra DragonFang

the second character will have to be corrin, or one of corrin's children.

Why load up the 2nd unit with nothing but attack skills? should at least have some kind of defensive skills or some kind of healing ability so you don't die quickly.

I've never understood why I see people wanting to put like 3 attack skills on a unit. pick the one that best suits your characters stats and use the other skill slots for more defensive or healing skills. Like Aegis/Pavise for defense or Aether/Sol for healing.

the thing about skilltaker and skill +2 is that they're actually pretty useless in pvp. skilltaker needs 5 kills to max out, and there's five people on every team. skill +2 is just space taken up, so aegis and pavise would be a good switch.

For PvP, it's basically useless - you have no defensive skills whatsoever, and thanks to Quixotic, even inaccurate units are nearly guaranteed a hit, so your unit is going to kill maybe one enemy at best and then die miserably. Additionally, as mentioned above, Skilltaker takes 5 kills to max out and in PvP, there are only 5 enemies. Also, at some point, stacking offensive skills becomes statistically irrelevant. For demonstrative purposes, let's assume a unit with 40 SKL:

Lethality trigger rate: 10 + 10 + 15 = 35%

Aether trigger rate: 20 + 10 + 15 = 45%

Astra trigger rate: 20 + 10 + 15 = 45%

Dragon Fang trigger rate: 30 + 10 + 15 = 55%

Rend Heaven trigger rate: 60 + 10 + 15 = 85%

I don't remember the priority for the skill activation, but I think it was Lethality > Aether > Astra > DF > RH. So, in other words:

Game checks whether Lethality activates, 35% chance of an instant kill. 65% chance of moving down the priority list.

Game checks whether Aether activates. Given its obscene power, unless you're fighting a tank, it will almost always kill unless your unit is weak. So, 45% chance of it activating, 55% chance of moving down.

Game checks whether Astra activates. Like Aether, unless you're fighting a tank, likely a kill. So, 45% chance for activation, 55% chance for not.

Game checks whether DF activates. Maybe not an instant kill, but huge damage for sure. 55% chance for huge damage, 45% chance for not.

Game checks whether Rend Heaven activates. Also huge damage, at 85% chance of activating.

So basically, there's only a 65% chance of NOT instantly killing with Lethality. There is also a 55% chance of NOT activating Aether afterwards, which comes out to a (rounded) 36% chance of nothing happening. Then, the game checks for Astra. At this point, there's only a (rounded) 20% chance of nothing activating. With DF, only an 8% chance of nothing activating. And once you're at Rend Heaven, there's only a 1.5% chance of no skill activating. And this is not counting criticals, which, with 40 SKL, will hover around a 20 - 30% chance, which can also trigger on skill activations (except Lethality) to do even more damage. This is just statistical overkill. As far as I'm concerned, you should just pick one or two strong activation skills like Lethality or Astra, maybe take a "backup" activation skill like Dragon Fang and call it a day - this already gives you well over a 60% chance of a skill activating in each battle, and this is not counting criticals. You're much better off spending the last two slots on skills like Aegis and Pavise to have at least some semblance of survivability.

TBH, I have to echo what everyone else here said - 5 offensive procs on the support is overkill, and two of those slots on the lead are essentially going to waste. Heck, I'd say that setup is guilty of Crippling Overspecialization.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

also, what if the lead unit dies? how will the support unit fend on its own? (i actually do a set up similar to OP with mitama as the lead and soleil as support, but not so much overkill.)

i do recommend this: lead— sol, hoshidan unity, vantage, vengeance, nohrian trust.

support— aether, astra, lethality, miracle, hoshidan unity.

not the best set up, yes, but it's as similar to the original build before changing it completely. both should be high skill and strength classes/units (sniper or swordmaster should work, master ninja too / soleil is a good support because of her high str and skill if she's needed.)

I run something somewhat similar, but with better survivability and less overkill skill stacking

Lead unit: Quixotic, Hoshido Unity, Nohrian Trust, Vantage, Awakening.

Support Unit: Lethality, Dragon Fang, Breaking Sky, Pavise, Aegis.

Edited by TheWerdna

I run something somewhat similar, but with better survivability and less overkill skill stacking

Lead unit: Quixotic, Hoshido Unity, Nohrian Trust, Vantage, Awakening.

Support Unit: Lethality, Dragon Fang, Breaking Sky, Pavise, Aegis.

I would personally sub breaking sky for miracle just in case someone gets lucky and gets a good proc with crits or lethality etc. Plus, it combos with vantage and awakening