Shin Megami Tensei Mafia The Second- Day 3

Bluedoom

Motivator was confirmed to exist unless Camilla was lying. So Motivator is in fact a role that is in the game, but that doesn't mean it's town/scum. Also the announcement ruins a theory I had. Beyond that... ugh yeah, you might have a point with cutie. It'd be nice if we could get some discussion going on maybe?

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only people I'd lynch are Santa (duh) and maybe Cutie.

explain to me why camilla would protect cutie if she though cutie was scum

if we continue with the assumption that there is no valid reason for camilla to protect cutie, then that follows that our announcer is lying scum

and who confirmed the announcer's role on N1?

##Vote: Hiiro

Best Girl, wait what? I didn't say Camilla was protecting cutie. I said that she confirmed the motivator role existed unless she was lying. Given that she flipped as town, it seems highly unlikely that she would lie about it. Thus the motivator role exists. It doesn't mean cutie is town. I never said that. I'm just saying the role exists.

Alright, screw it. I was kinda waiting on a cop report or something, but given we have a flipped watcher and tracker, it seems highly unlikely we have a cop so just gonna do this. I'm an x-shot dayvig. And I'm shooting someone today. The only real question is who. Current top candidates include Hiiro and Cutie. Input is always appreciated.

Best Girl, wait what? I didn't say Camilla was protecting cutie. I said that she confirmed the motivator role existed unless she was lying. Given that she flipped as town, it seems highly unlikely that she would lie about it. Thus the motivator role exists. It doesn't mean cutie is town. I never said that. I'm just saying the role exists.

My post had nothing to do with yours lol

I agree that the motivator role exists. I have no doubt about that. I'm purely talking about our announcer and Hiiro because it makes no sense for Camilla to have protected her scum read.

leaning towards believing upbeat

e l a b o r a t e

Cutie has done nothing all game why was there this much discussion about her? She is confirmed motivator right, why would scum motivator motivate a townie? Cutie is probably just useless town.

Dayvig Hiiro because nothing's changed. ##Vote: Hiiro

to appear townish??? isn't it obvious

I also was able to motivate last night and wasn't blocked. I motivated Hiiro.

I have no idea why I, a proven motivator, wasn't roleblocked either time. Either the scum are scared of a more powerful ability, I'm simply low priority, or there is no roleblocker.

The more I read and re-read cutiefly, the more I'm concerned of a Hiiro motivate and the huge fear of being Roleblocked. Hiiro should definitely appear to confirm things?

A roleblocker almost certainly exists.

##Vote: cutiefly

I'm tired of dancing around this. I'm a 2-shot Empowerer (role name Assistant). I idled N1 and targeted Camilla last night! Scum has no reason to ignore cutiefly's claim when they almost certainly have something to run interference (my role) is proof of this. I also think that my role being both weaker and more limited in usage compared to cutie as both supportive type roles is a big red flag but I wasn't confident enough to loudclaim until today.

What's the difference between an Empowerer and a Motivator?

Unless the Announcer claims I'm assuming that it's a mafia role at this point, based on flipped info roles!

Empowerer makes sure the target's action succeeds and stops it from being redirected.

Upbeat's stepping up their beat, and I'm happy to see it. Upbeat's handling of Roleblocker suspicion is far more sensible than cutiefly's,

Also oh you answered my question. Motivator gives an additional shot then, more than likely. That's a lot of buffing for a rather strong investigative town already.

Alright, screw it. I was kinda waiting on a cop report or something, but given we have a flipped watcher and tracker, it seems highly unlikely we have a cop so just gonna do this. I'm an x-shot dayvig. And I'm shooting someone today. The only real question is who. Current top candidates include Hiiro and Cutie. Input is always appreciated.

Does your shot End the phase? I'd still like to see a lynch if possible .

I'm for Either/Or, though I feel like we'd get more out of a cutie shot than a Hiiro shot.

Alternatively, Tether has done nothing all game long sans one confirmation post, and that's a terrible thing to have under the radar until endgame. I'd support a Tether shot more than anything else.

Hey Best Girl, any thoughts on my claim? Also literally everybody else in the entire game besides Brexit?

It's probably real? There's not a whole lot we can really do with a Day Vig claim. If you're not town-aligned, you're either ITP and scum is very powerful, or you're mafia and scum is probably being sandbagged because of a free kill(s). There isn't much else to say that doesn't revolve around alignment speculation and at this point all suspicion at you should exist regardless of role (which I dont' have much suspicion on your slot, for the record)

I'm purely talking about our announcer and Hiiro because it makes no sense for Camilla to have protected her scum read.

If the announcer-maker-whatever is town, what purpose would they have to act and not put their information out into the open? It's probably more likely to be a scum role as some roundabout means of acquiring information. Not sure what it'd mean for Hiiro, but the announcer thing's flip could provide more information on Hiiro.

I'm still more concerned about cutiefly getting off with the motivates and strangely worded roleblocker paranoia than I am about Hiiro's lack of universal content, and thus I'm thinking to throw down on cutiefly, so I will!

##Vote cutiefly

[spoiler=@Hosts]Hey Marth,can you update the Living players in the #4 so we can get an At-A-Glance view of the game please?

When I was asking about my claim, I more meant trying to get people to chime in on who's a good target. I don't *think* my shot ends the phase, though I'll confirm with Marth. If it does, that's not mentioned anywhere in my role PM.

As for Tether, I'd rather just see them modkilled at this point.

As for Tether, I'd rather just see them modkilled at this point.

Think there's a reason why they've been allowed to go for two entire day phases without posting, and still dodging the modkill? I was prodded, meaning that Marth has some sort of punishment slated.

Also, another reason I ask regarding Tether shot and does your shot end phase is because:

If your shot ends phase, we don't risk the 2nd No Lynch / Universal Loss, which is bad period

i'm going to explain my views on the entire announcer schtick again

N2: Announcer says Camilla, who confirmed she was motivated, visited Upbeat and Cutie

N2: Camilla dies, flips BG.

N1: Announcer claims that Hiiro visited Bolt.

D2: Hiiro concurs, says he was targeting "a scum read" (i cbf to find the exact post but it's somewhere)

Qn 1: Does it make sense for Camilla to have protected both Upbeat and Cutie?
Ans: Unlikely, because Camilla thought that Cutie was scum and was willing to have them lynched at the end of D2. Why would Camilla be willing to die for her scumread?

Implication: The announcer is lying and scum OR Camilla is weird as fuck OR some role is fucking with the announcer. The first option is the simplest and the most likely.

Qn 2: What does this have to do with Hiiro?

Ans: Hiiro agrees with the announcer that he did visit Bolt on N1, making sure to mention Bolt was one of his scum reads.

Implication:

i. IF the announcer is scum and Hiiro is scum, Hiiro can lie out of his ass about visiting Bolt AND 'confirm' the scum announcer's role at the same time.

ii. IF announcer is scum and Hiiro is town, Hiiro must have visited Bolt. He also conveniently confirms that there's a fucking tracker/announcer shit in the game.

iii. IF announcer is town, revert to Qn 1 (Implication).

Revert to Qn 2, Implication i. The only other person who can verify the announcer's claim to be true is Camilla. Who is, rather conveniently, dead. The entire announcer claim, which seems rather scummy because the fuck is a tracker/announcer, rests solely on the word of the fairly scummy Hiiro.

@Best girl: When there's no guarantee that the person has a role that can be motivated (one shot roles or passive roles) then that isn't a great play. Especially since x-shot roles were discussed when talking about cutie's existence and so would lead scum to think it's common.

Not to mention her position wasn't so precarious at the time to need to do that - it's only now that we have an empowerer claim that people are only really going after her. I could maybe understand her motivating town N2 as scum but N1 was way too early, especially when it effectively makes the role worthless for scum. Scum aren't going to want to give up a motivate of all things.

@Bolt: Do you agree with Best girl about Cutie doing it to look townie?

You don't need someone other than me Bast go shoot Hiiro.

@Brexit

That's a fantastic point I didn't even consider. Why use a limited shot motivatation on an unclaimed player, on Night 1 no less?

If tether is getting Thunderstruck, let's just shoot Hiiro and lynch cutiefly or vicey versey. I have no preference.

Something really needs to be said about this.

There's a modkill going out, could go either way and just throw two others to the wolves, fuck it.

Sincerely think of worst case/best case scenarios.

I'm town, let's assume the other two are town, we lose 3 town in one day phase. That's a lot of damage. Best case is the other two are scum cool. But that's a large as fuck gamble with very little information or reasoning behind said gamble.

@Best Girl: WRT the announcer shenanigans, you do realize shooting me is pretty bad if you are just basing it off of the announcer thing right? It's also dumb, I die, town loses town and like you said you only pretty much reveal there is a tracker announcer in the game. Nothing else and you lose town. That's a pitiful reasoning for a yolo vig shot. Also you really hate me don't you? You've literally been tunneling me all game. You do have posts/thoughts posted about other players but in all reality they are very minor and small compared to everything else you have against me. I can't help but think that, if you're town, you are way to encompassed in me. Who besides me is scum and why?

I still really dislike bolt and that's where my vote is going.

##Vote: Bolt