Shin Megami Tensei Mafia The Second- Day 3

Bluedoom

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Upbeat about YHVH, although I don't find his reasoning that strong. Null leaning scum, so I'd be ok with that lynch. @Upbeat: Do you think YHVH and cutiefly can be scum together? I think motivator and a 2-shot role could coexist but it really depends on the role you have.

I think it's less likely but I wouldn't be the game on it.

I mean, try to see it in a branching path way;

1) If you were Town, by deductive process the Mafia will maybe attempt to target you, but it was such a weak and vague claim, that an hypothetical Town Doctor wouldn't protect you! It would be a wasted role for no reason, if you get what I'm saying... :/

2) You're Mafia, the towns decides to test cutiefly's claim by selecting you. You could lie and say nothing happened, then get cutiefly lynched (assuming she's Town) and rug it off by implying something external happened, like a redirecting role, or blocking! And even if you say the truth, a motivator night is wasted, and the Mafia gets an advantage! :(

I'm very sorry Upbeat, but it just seems like such an out of place and harmful claim to Town...

If I lied and said that I wasn't motivated, I would just get lynched on the following day. That's not a very smart 1 for 1 as mafia!

Tetsuo is probably town based on who they are, at least for now.

As for my actions as town, I just need you all to trust me.

Going through ISOs right now. Irl came up.

##Unvote: Cutiefly

##Vote: Upbeat

Felt like trying to push the lynch further without actually thinking cutiefly is scummy. Case in point they lynch YHVH or whatever the alias is for, shocker, laziness. Looking through Upbeat's ISO it's just making easy votes on people who haven't talked much and I really don't like the claim. Gonna have a full reads post soon.

For Christmas, I want a case that actually makes sense! I stated that I disliked not only cutie's claim, but also the fact that they didn't actually try to look at YMHV when they thought that they were voting them. If you're voting for someone, you should read their posts and not just gloss over them! And there's definitely more to my cases than that - please read my posts again.

I believe Cutie's claim, ##Unvote: Cutiefly. I don't have another lynch target atm.

@Upeat:

I don't really get what you're saying here. I only voted for the person who seemed the most suspicious to me at the time.

I'm saying that I don't like how weak your vote was. It looked like you were putting forward minimum effort to fulfill a content quota and didn't try very hard to look for scum - just rationalising a post you saw to fit as mafia instead of looking at it and drawing a conclusion from it. THAT is what I'm trying to say here.

What do you think of the Brexit slot, cutie as a player (not a role claim) and Best Girl?

Splitting post here for readability. Expect more soon!

What I actually don't like is Upbeat claiming a 2-shot - what motivation is there for claiming such a role aside from directing suspicion towards the motivator claim (lul)? His feel towards Cutie prior to this claim is leaning towards town - did your entire perception of Cutie change because of this claim? Like, is this claim the only thing making you think Cutie is scummy? Because surely, if you were keen to get Cutie lynched because you think her claim conflicts with your own, there's better ways to do so than claiming on D1.

Not agreeing with a case on someone doesn't mean you think they're town. I actually posted that I thought that she was null in a previous post (although I mistyped my own name there instead of cutie (even though context was still pretty clear) which is kind of embarrassing...). I also literally posted that I didn't like cutie's vote when i voted YHVH - please pay attention to this stuff.

Okay, I'm done with quotes! Finally! Time for other words.

Currently, I think that YVHV is most worthy of a lynch for reasons I've previously stated. I dislike cutie's lack of decisive content (and also I'm still iffy on the claim). Despite not liking their vote I actually feel a little better about Best Girl based on what else they've posted recently and wouldn't support a lynch there now. I agree that Hiiro has been tunneling fairly hard but it doesn't feel like scummy tunneling? Just a guy who decided that cutie really needs to die. I'd be worried if this carries over into Day 2, but as of right now I wouldn't worry.

Camilla and Sharp are doing fine. Azure and Bast are two guys I don't really have opinions on just based on normal reading and everyone else is a lurker or subbing out. I like the former's content post 2.5 hours ago because it flows pretty well and I can understand why they're doing what they are. My computer is being weird so I'm going to restart it and read Bast later.

VOTALS

Bolt(1)- cutiefly

Brexit(1)- Sharp
cutiefly(1)-Azure Blood
Sharp(2)- Brexit, Fly Amanita,
Best Girl(3)- Bolt, B-Cup Camilla, Bast
YHVH(1)- Upbeat
Hiiro(1)- Tetsuo
Upbeat(2)- Santa, Best Girl
Not Voting(3)- YHVH, Tether, Hiiro,
Phase Ends in about 4 hours.

like i can't see a situation where we wouldn't have gotten a time extension

I talked about it with Marth, he said that if more people didn't care he wouldn't give us an extension.

##Unvote

I don't think Best Girl is scum anymore. Her justification and recent content doesn't sound made up.

I disagree that Upbeat’s claim was scummy, as I perceived it as townie. Scum have no reason to out a claim in neither of the following scenarios: 1- If cutiefly is town, scum just gather negative attention when they mislynch because of their claim. 2- If cutiefly is scum, why would scum claim to lynch their scumbuddy? Claiming like that was questionable and it'd reveal info to town that would make it harder for scum to fake it later to their convenience, regardless of whether the claim was true or not.

I don’t suspect Bast that much anymore but the justification for his pressure vote still seems weird to me.

I can’t exactly point out why but I think Tetsuo’s tone is remaining too null in spite of the content. Like they don’t really feel what they are doing. Wouldn’t lynch today but worth noting.

I dislike Santa’s constant promising that he will post but then he poofs away while only doing the bare minimum required. His posting 12 minutes after deadline promising that he'd post but then he didn't seems too much of a coincidence. Content is lackluster, which makes it worse.

I'm ok with lynching Santa, YHVH, Bast and Bolt, in that order.

##Vote: YHVH since this looks like the most likely lynch and we should consolidate. This may change when we get votals.

(I wish I could quote...)

@Upbeat:

You definitely have a point there. My vote was a little rash, as I had only read back recently at the time. However, I voted under the assumption that there would be more time.

[brexit]: Looking at his posts, I don't really see anything that sticks out. The fact that he subbed out can be viewed as suspicious, but it doesn't really point to scum activity.

[Cutiefly]: I'm not sure what to think of her at this point tbh. The attacks at the beginning were suspicious, but it could also just point to being an active townie. It's also reasonable for her to think that she had an active vote on me, so I can't say much about that. (I'd also like to note that her claimed role had a limited quantity, which is a good sign).

[best Girl]: After the posts that they made yesterday, they analyzed some more players, which is good. Their post about Upbeat's claim seemed a little strange, but I'll look it over again.

Thoughts on the other players in the next post.

So, this is gonna look bad, but we really need a lynch on day 1 and I'm about to leave home, so I'll trust my biggest Town read, Camilla, and vote what she said.

That's the reason behind my vote, not a read, or anything. just usefulness for the Town, I guess.

Again, sorry I don't have a propper read, but Brexit is not happening :/

##Unvote

##Vote: YHVH

##Unvote
With Marth's update, YHVH is at 4/6 votes
I don't like this lynch, but I will vote to have one. ##Vote: YHVH
Camilla has Santa as her top lynch candidate, I'm not sure I agree. He hasn't delivered the reads post yet, but that post was well into the day yesterday, and he mentions being busy, willing to say he hasn't had the time. His content otherwise is decent enough.
Also, looking back..

On terms of scuminess: Best Girl > Bast = Cutiefly > Bolt > Fly Amanita = YHVH > Tether = Santa = Brexit > Hiiro = Tetsuo > Upbeat > Sharp > Azure Blood

What pushed Santa over Bolt and Fly, and confirmation-only Tether?
Myself, I'd want Brexit gone, then any of those who haven't engaged at all unless they do so.

RVS isn't terrible in and of itself. It's terrible when it's all that's happening and then no one talks for 12 hours. That's what I was complaining about, not about RVS itself. RVS serves no point if people don't do anything with it and never move past it.

I read this post as going "RVS sucks, why can't we have proper discussion instead =/" which is a pretty easy way to look townie since you're pushing for useful discussion in the thread. Exceedingly minor point, though.

To the people commenting on me leaving my vote on cutie, I did specifically say I wasn't moving my vote off of them until they responded to my questions, since I stated that I haven't been around.

##Unvote:

Now in response to the statements made by Azure, I'm not planning on stating my thoughts on the entire game but out of the people that posted and the information at hand, for a large portion of this day phase I did not have many scum reads. With a lot of inactive players I had very little scum reads. My high secondary scum read came after Best girl made their voting post, recently there has been more content from them, but I have yet to divulge into the information within that post. I plan on doing this shortly. Any scum reads after this would be what I feel are more null reads than scum reads so I don't feel as if I should be required to state them as of the current moment. There will be more info divulged in my next post more than likely.

Also I feel that I should state this regarding motivators, generally it kicks into action the following night it was used, not the current night. I will be back later after I read up a bit more with another vote as I wish to read Best girls posts.

yo yo yo you're gonna head off without leaving your vote on anyone?

this actually really really stinks tbh

post 1: RVS vote on cutie

post 2: you say you're intending to keep your vote on cutie

post 3: justification for voting cutie

post 4: questioning cutie over her YHVH vote, a bit of stuff regarding inactive players

post 5: this is another disagreement with cutie's reasons for voting bolt

post 6: unvotes cutie, a lot of talking but saying absolutely nothing useful

You wanted cutie to respond to your questions before you took your vote of her, but her only posts between your 5 and 6 are this and this regarding why she voted YHVH. and those reasons cutie gave are really really shitty. Are you saying that those 2 posts made you change your mind from voting Cutie to voting... nobody???

Not agreeing with a case on someone doesn't mean you think they're town. I actually posted that I thought that she was null in a previous post (although I mistyped my own name there instead of cutie (even though context was still pretty clear) which is kind of embarrassing...). I also literally posted that I didn't like cutie's vote when i voted YHVH - please pay attention to this stuff.

... where did you say you thought cutie was null? I can't tell from reading through your ISO.

and wait what??? I never said anything about your interactions with YHVH.

I disagree that Upbeat’s claim was scummy, as I perceived it as townie. Scum have no reason to out a claim in neither of the following scenarios: 1- If cutiefly is town, scum just gather negative attention when they mislynch because of their claim. 2- If cutiefly is scum, why would scum claim to lynch their scumbuddy? Claiming like that was questionable and it'd reveal info to town that would make it harder for scum to fake it later to their convenience, regardless of whether the claim was true or not.

The general mood (too lazy to link posts) was that people thought cutie was town after the motivator claim - so this significantly reduces the chance of cutie being lynched and, in turn, makes it more likely that we get scum (assuming cutie is town, of course). Is it worth it for Upbeat look a bit worse for causing town to mislynch cutie, should it come to that, when it can (pretty easily) be passed off as "well maybe it's just game balance lul". You argue that if Upbeat is scum, he has no reason to claim, but I see it the opposite way - if you're town, and the general sentiment was that Cutie is town, why throw shade onto it?

(I wish I could quote...)

@Upbeat:

You definitely have a point there. My vote was a little rash, as I had only read back recently at the time. However, I voted under the assumption that there would be more time.

[brexit]: Looking at his posts, I don't really see anything that sticks out. The fact that he subbed out can be viewed as suspicious, but it doesn't really point to scum activity.

[Cutiefly]: I'm not sure what to think of her at this point tbh. The attacks at the beginning were suspicious, but it could also just point to being an active townie. It's also reasonable for her to think that she had an active vote on me, so I can't say much about that. (I'd also like to note that her claimed role had a limited quantity, which is a good sign).

[best Girl]: After the posts that they made yesterday, they analyzed some more players, which is good. Their post about Upbeat's claim seemed a little strange, but I'll look it over again.

Thoughts on the other players in the next post.

talk a lot say nothing etc

i'm 100% ok with a YHVH lynch. I'll be around in an hour (30 mins before phase end).

Just want to say it's hard for some of us to find the time and make wall posts, especially if we post slower than average.

Azure Blood: Solid town read. Also noticed the early connections between Bast and Cutie at the beginning, agreed with reasoning for the most part.

Bast: Null lean town, I think Cutie was more at fault white knight than it was potential scum/scum interactions. They were a lot more aggressive defending Bast than vice versa. I don't have a problem with his Best Girl Vote because his case was reasonable and when he got flak for there being worse inactives, there is reason to vote someone who will actually respond to the pressure.

Best Girl: I really didn't like her mini list post because I thought the reason was sparse and the format drove me bananas, but I'm not seeing the biggest scum vibes and I liked her call out in Hiiro. The non chalant way she's talking also feels townie to me but I am bad at reading gone do take that with a grain of salt

Bolt/Tether: RVSed than disappeared. Tether is trivially worse for not even making an effort, but we should lynch someone that would give associations today.

B-Cup Camilla: Can you tell me how my content is scummy instead of midslinging on me while I'm busy? That would be appreciated. Sorry if the constant promises raised my lynch priority for you but it feels weird that it jumped over you actual scum reads. Camilla's attempts to lead discussion have been useful, but her contents not bad it's just, there. Wrt upbeats claim, it's just a gambit to be played if he's scum (I think he is.) His claim could have furthered a potential mislynch on cutiefly, and using your logic he could try and defend himself from that.

Cutiefly: Content seems scum with the white knight, responding to questions, and lazy inactive pressure but... Claim seems town. I don't think I've ever seen a scum motivator and it's ridiculously easily provable. I disagree with Upbeat's claim and think that's scummy, but Beat/Cutie definitely aren't scum together.

Part 2 coming before phase end I wanted to make sure my vote gets out

##Unvote: Upbeat

YHVH was a God in NAME ONLY. He wasn't omnipotent enough to avoid a lynch. He was:

Dear YHVH,
You are Jack Frost of the Fairy Race, a recurring demon in the SMT series.
A spirit originating from England. He is a snow elf who brings in cold weather during the winter and is thought to be responsible for the frost that forms on the windows of homes and buildings. Jack Frost is often seen as the mascot for the MegaTen series, being a light-hearted demon in a very serious environment for most games. Jack Frost is often of the Neutral-Neutral alignment in most of the MegaTen games.
Being a generally weak demon in most games, you have no special abilities.
You are a Vanilla. You are allied with the Town. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

Guess he was just your Average Joe after all!

It is now Night 1. Night 1 ends on the 11th of July, 3:00 PM GMT.

Edited by Magnificence Incarnate

Everyone wakes up after hearing a loud noise outside. They rush to the source, only to find a piece of paper lying on the ground. Someone reads it out aloud:

You learn that Hiiro visited Bolt last night.

Also, not too far away, you found the body of Azure Blood/ Their role PM was as follows:

Dear Azure Blood,
You are Gouto-Douji, a black cat from the Devil Summoner series.
A black cat that accompanies Raidou Kuzunoha the XIV in his missions. He acts as a mentor to the new heir of the Kuzunoha Clan, often giving out advices in aiding Raidou's investigations.When the Soulless God Oumagatsu was awakened, Gouto helped to come up with the plan to destroy the Tai-itsu, and to ensure its success joined a demon in a rocket bound for the satellite. When the Tai-itsu was destroyed, so too was the earthly body of Gouto. However, despite this drawback, Gouto continued to guide Raidou as a formless voice until the end of his mission. Just before the destruction of his body, Gouto revealed that his true form was that of Raidou Kuzunoha the I, and that he has watched every summoner to bear his name since.
Being a fast black cat, you are very good at sentry duty. Twice in the game, once a night, reply as follows in your role PM, "Follow USER." Not only will you see the night action that USER performed, you will also see the night action that USER's target performed.
You are the Chain Follower. You are allied with the Town. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

This isn't a surprise. Having blue blood is unhealthy, you know!

It is now Day 2. With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Day 2 ends on the 15th of July, 3:00 PM GMT.

Edited by Magnificence Incarnate

You wanted cutie to respond to your questions before you took your vote of her, but her only posts between your 5 and 6 are this and this regarding why she voted YHVH. and those reasons cutie gave are really really shitty. Are you saying that those 2 posts made you change your mind from voting Cutie to voting... nobody???

I apologize about not being here at phase end. I forgot that it was scheduled to end at that time. In response to the above though, I wanted cutie to respond to my questions initially before I removed my vote, however I did state I felt the claim was town. I just wanted answers because I still didn't like some of the things stated. Cutie obviously chose to ignore me but I didn't feel like voting cutie would be of any good. We weren't gonna lynch cutie and cutie wasn't my #1 priority after the claim.

Scum reads currently on Best girl and Bolt, I'll be around later with more posts on the above.

My apologies! I got the runs, and it kept me dashing away to deal with real life marathons of ordeals.

Let's play catch up.

This is a weird vote. It's an RVS vote, obviously. But, like, I'm not seeing how the dramatic flavor text was particularly necessary. It feels like an attempt to stand out or something. I don't see how that little poem/rhyme matches with Brexit in any way.

While a neat observation, this seems like an utterly pointless thing to call attention to, in terms of assigning a negative connotation to the remark. The followup post with vote looks like it belongs due to context, but the whole thing looks forced to all hell. Apologetic followup after clarification? Sure. Reads as super staged, primarily because it wasn't a case to begin with, and was shrugged off as nothing, ergo doing actively doing nothing.

##Vote: Cutiefly Here, not rvs. Shall we talk? ^^

Was this meant to accomplish something?

Yet I voted you. Why, then?

There's something to be said about voting for people without posting logic as to why, only to offer an explanation after the accused assumed what you say incorrectly. This leads people in circles, increasing post frequency and distracting from hunting scum, throwing them on the defensive rather than putting everything out in the open and letting them respond to actual concerns.

I feel like this is town, but I feel like it's also a super inconvenient way to bring out information.

The lack of a contextual response after your elaboration is interesting though. It's interesting because why wouldn't cutiefly respond?

I had attempted to soak to everyone earlier but some inconveniences happened. My apologies. I intend to keep my words of power on cutiefly.

Initially i didn't approve of the initial vote from cutiefly, however i choose to bit make a bid deal out of the point then add i wished to see what happened from the situation. I thought the reasoning was weak and felt forced. The vote was then quickly dropped with very little pressure or questioning, making it seem even weaker as an initial vote. Then they proceed to have no follow up vote and ignore all currently proceeding events. The only post made at that time had been aquery to whether or not someone was role-playing. I feel my vote is adequate at the current moment.

Excuse my French, but this is a ridiculous logical jump, after a pointless promise. For a come-back post, this is awful scummy.

The one inactive who needs a ton of pressure is YHVH. They posted an RVS vote and then proceeded to probably sit back and watch. Lurking isn't always a scummy idea, but it tends to be one.

You didn't call me out, though. Why is this exactly?

Vrexit only posted short, very brief and slightly aggressive. And that was the weird part, I it wasn't really attacking by himself, but rather, "backsitting voting" (I'm not sure how to call it, apologies in advance) kinda like being behind someone else's engage, without having to explain much. Not sure if I explained myself, but I hope this is good enough for you :)

Given the Sub-out call, do you think that Brexit just wasn't paying that much attention? At the time, I can see the thought occurring, but I'm more likely to believe the opposite, after burstreading the thread just now.

Best Girl is guilty of the same things as Brexit (who I'm still sad to see go -I hope things go well for you!). He calls out Sharp for lackluster content as his only content.

##Unvote

I'm sorry, but I really don't like your cutiefly vote. There's no conviction behind it; it looks like a vote you make unwillingly 10 minutes away from deadline, rather than after a 24 hour extension is announced! It looks like you're trying to make cutie fit as scum based on their actions instead of drawing a conclusion from them, if that makes sense.

I actually don't like cutie's claim because of my own and I don't like the complete non-effort they make to examine the person they thought they were voting. There's only one post there and it's not that long!

This throws me off, because of these parts, primarily because you're painting YHVH and cutiefly as a team when it's basically an accusation of D1 bussing by a weak player. Unless you're going to tell us until you're blue in the face that YHVH and cutiefly are scumbuddies with bold attempts at a D1 bus, you're grasping.

If you're playing by this logic, you should be looking at cutiefly and myself as being a scumteam, as there's virtually no benefit in building such a cruddy association betwixt two controversial players this early into the game, and cutie's efforts to ignore me until about now should look stranger than a vote on a player that's basically a mirror of myself. There has to be a reason as to why YHVH would vote for cutiefly, and why the opposite would basically happen. I'd almost rather you scumread me over YHVH here, just so I can tell that your thinking cap is on straight.

I don't understand that, you're claiming 2-shot [something], but asking us to accept that your role probably wouldn't in the game alongside cutiefly's? If you want to push that, give more detail? As for her examining YHVH, she did note his one post before, as Camilla pointed out. Problem is, she said he was the only one to need a ton of pressure over the other RVS/confirmation-only players, without explaining why, and she didn't actually vote. Not good.

agreed

Tetsuo is probably town based on who they are, at least for now.

As for my actions as town, I just need you all to trust me.

For Christmas, I want a case that actually makes sense! I stated that I disliked not only cutie's claim, but also the fact that they didn't actually try to look at YMHV when they thought that they were voting them. If you're voting for someone, you should read their posts and not just gloss over them! And there's definitely more to my cases than that - please read my posts again.

I'm saying that I don't like how weak your vote was. It looked like you were putting forward minimum effort to fulfill a content quota and didn't try very hard to look for scum - just rationalising a post you saw to fit as mafia instead of looking at it and drawing a conclusion from it. THAT is what I'm trying to say here.

What do you think of the Brexit slot, cutie as a player (not a role claim) and Best Girl?

Splitting post here for readability. Expect more soon!

Why?

Why?

I should analyze more when the sun isn't about to rise, but I'd like to place my vote on cutiefly, for being all over the place in terms of scumhunting (which means, spending lots of time on Role speculation, Roleplay speculation and apologies) It seems unecessary, especially because with the cognitive understanding of mafia balance, I would assume that cutiefly would be more capable of not struggling to find things to discuss that are relevant to progressing the game.

So I will!

##Vote cutiefly

Secondary [lesser] scumreads would go to Upbeat. Furthermore, I think I'm beginning to assume who the player is behind the mask. I don't like it, for several reasons. Like:

Currently, I think that YVHV is most worthy of a lynch for reasons I've previously stated.

I'm sorry, but I really don't like your cutiefly vote. There's no conviction behind it; it looks like a vote you make unwillingly 10 minutes away from deadline, rather than after a 24 hour extension is announced! It looks like you're trying to make cutie fit as scum based on their actions instead of drawing a conclusion from them, if that makes sense.

This is your reasons. It isn't very deep, and in hindsight, I'd feel like this is more of a "Well I didn't really have any better leads to follow" or "Your vote felt easy", but I've just got a gut feel that I'm trying to interpret regarding this chain, and I've yet to determine if it's indigestion or a genuine concern.

Additionally, Hiiro, for living with a "Wait and see" playstyle while hanging on a single point of one particular player, and also for adopting a "I'll explain why Best Girl is scummy" thought process, for two phases now, without yet posting a reason for it. Active or not, you indicate that you'd have had something, yet there's still not even a hint of thought in here.

##Vote: Bolt

This is where I want to place my vote. He was paying attention at the beginning of the game. I do not appreciate that this was not sustained... Could you perhaps provide an explanation?

I really was not

Hiiro, can you confirm that you indeed visited Bolt last night? I think the announcement is fake. Chain follower plus another investigative role (tracker/watcher?) that announces results in thread don't go very well together, and if so this would explain why there's a rule about investigation results not being accurate.

I'm ok with Bolt, he sounds townie. I hope you don't run away again.

##Vote: Hiiro

I bothered to check his words and his explanations sound really fake. It's as if he's trying hard to make all his actions fit into his previous logic, instead of following a train of thought. I also find myself agreeing with Best Girl and Bolt on him.

Any scum reads after this would be what I feel are more null reads than scum reads so I don't feel as if I should be required to state them as of the current moment.

So you're doing what is required, instead of what you feel like doing/what you think is the right choice? This is a really scummy point of view.

I dislike Santa more now, too. His reply to me is overaggressive and doesn't really get to the point. Do you think that my content is scummy?