How to get default class back?

Nanori

Hello there.

This may be a simple question for most or been answered already but I can't find anything. Anyway, if I use a seal for class change how do I change back to the original default class? What seal do I use? I tried reading http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/nohrian-classes/class-changing/ But I didn't find it, unless I missed something.

Thanks for any help~

You can change back to any class your character has used with the Heart Seal. This goes for their base/default class as well as DLC classes, such as the Dread Figher or Great Lord, so don't be afraid to use Heart Seals at all unless you're concerned about money.

However, you cannot change to an unpromoted class once you promote. For example, you can't go from Swordmaster to Samurai at all, even if the character started as a Samurai. But if you're concerned about gaining skills, you don't have to worry, because they compound as you level up (e.g. changing your avatar from Nohr Noble to Master Ninja will still allow them to get the base Ninja skills).

Thanks for all the help everyone. I tried the Heart Seal and it works. However I am a little disappointed though. I was really looking forward to getting my unpromoted class back. Not for skills or anything I just wanted it back to normal. I know I can just make a new game but it's just the idea that you can't go back.

Edited by Nanori

Thanks for all the help everyone. I tried the Heart Seal and it works. However I am a little disappointed though. I was really looking forward to getting my unpromoted class back. Not for skills or anything I just wanted it back to normal. I know I can just make a new game but it's just the idea that you can't go back.

That's the kind of reason I liked the Second Seal in Awakening. It'd put you in a base class which I appreciate because I do like the appearances of some unpromoted classes more than their promoted variations. Chrom's Lord over his Great Lord class for example. As cool as the latter is.

If you own a Powersaves device or able to use homebrew, you can "demote" a unit.

As we've personally been exploring. I just think it should be available in regular gameplay. Or at least have the base class costumes available in the "Costume" section of the accessory shop, since we're not allowed the swimsuits or anything risque since we're not Japan.