High Crit % In fire emblem fates

Kias21

Never forget the Great Club,it has 20 more Krit than Killer-weapons.

Oh right, forgot about that. Haven't played through Birthright yet so I don't really think about the Hoshido weapons too often, but yeah that is pretty OP.

Also depending on what Skills you gave to Ophelia, she can also be a very high Crit machine. You give her Death Blow from either Parent and load her up with 3 or more tomes/ scrolls and make sure one of them is Mjolnir and she could be a crit machine.

I'm currently using death blow-certain blow-gamble-great club Beserker Percy. THat's 105 base crit before factering in skill. I'm thinking of removing gamble, because its also only 85 hit before counting skill. (theis build is bretty bad on enemy phase, but why are you exposing you beserker on enemy phase anyway.)

Keep in mind that you probably want to use a weapon with the "crits give x4 damage" property if aiming for a crit build. The main problem with a great club is that you can't get one in nohr until 525 visitor points (or grinding duelist museum). This build also does not work in hoshido unless you make you MU's talent fighter, because there are otherwise no obtainable beserkers..

Edited by sirmola

Things to look for when maximizing crit chance:

-High skill stat

-Classes with innate crit bonuses: Swordmaster +10, Spear Master +10, Sniper +10, Nine-tails +5, Berserker +20, Sorcerer +10, Wolfssegner +5

-Weapons that have good base crit

-Forging weapons with good base crit in order to stack more crit on them (more power and hit too)

-Death Blow skill from Oni Chieftain

-Gamble skill from Fighter

-Skill taker from DLC (+2 skill per enemy kill up to a max of 10)

-Awakening skill from Great Lord (female only and only at 50% or less health)

-Personal skills that have crit bonuses: Takumi, Ryoma, Hisame (kinda), Arthur (lowers enemies crit avoid), Odin, Selena (only when supporting), Charlotte (only against women), Ophelia

-Lower the enemies Luck stat with daggers/shuriken/staves

Things to look for when maximizing crit chance:

-High skill stat

-Classes with innate crit bonuses: Swordmaster +10, Spear Master +10, Sniper +10, Nine-tails +5, Berserker +20, Sorcerer +10, Wolfssegner +5

-Weapons that have good base crit

-Forging weapons with good base crit in order to stack more crit on them (more power and hit too)

-Death Blow skill from Oni Chieftain

-Gamble skill from Fighter

-Skill taker from DLC (+2 skill per enemy kill up to a max of 10)

-Awakening skill from Great Lord (female only and only at 50% or less health)

-Personal skills that have crit bonuses: Takumi, Ryoma, Hisame (kinda), Arthur (lowers enemies crit avoid), Odin, Selena (only when supporting), Charlotte (only against women), Ophelia

-Lower the enemies Luck stat with daggers/shuriken/staves

You forgot Scarlett (when at low HP though). Solidarity (DLC) can increase adjacent units critical chance, it can be useful for Arthur, since he can lower enemies dodge and increase allied critical for a grand total of +25%.

I agree with Pretty Cool Guy, Arthur can be one of the biggest crit machines in the game if you're willing to work with him.

I run Hero Arthur wielding a forged Great Club with the skills Duplicate, Veteran's Intuition, Sol, Certain Blow, and Death Blow. Currently, he's running around with a Crit of 80, which gets boosted to 100% when he attacks, and a hit rate usually at 100%. I could switch him to Berserker for an even nastier crit chance (technically), but Hero has slightly better hit rates, a higher skill cap, and doesn't come with the dodge penalty that Berserker does. Arthur is also unique in that his personal skill helps thwart enemy dodge, helping his crit rates be the most consistent in the game.

I agree with Pretty Cool Guy, Arthur can be one of the biggest crit machines in the game if you're willing to work with him.

I run Hero Arthur wielding a forged Great Club with the skills Duplicate, Veteran's Intuition, Sol, Certain Blow, and Death Blow. Currently, he's running around with a Crit of 80, which gets boosted to 100% when he attacks, and a hit rate usually at 100%. I could switch him to Berserker for an even nastier crit chance (technically), but Hero has slightly better hit rates, a higher skill cap, and doesn't come with the dodge penalty that Berserker does. Arthur is also unique in that his personal skill helps thwart enemy dodge, helping his crit rates be the most consistent in the game.

Although honestly, enemy dodge tends to be low enough that zeroing enemy dodge does not make a massive difference.

Try Arthur. Gets 15 crit just from his personal, high skill cap, and growth, and can be a berserker. Get him a Great Club, Death Blow, Certain Blow, and Gamble, then he gets very consistent 100% critical and near perfect hit (on player phase).

I will give Arthur a shot next play through. I stopped using him once he has the S-Rank with Effie.

Edited by MeddlingMage

As stated earlier, most enemies tend to have low-ish crit evade anyhow, especially lategame (thanks, Silver!), meaning that Arthur's personal tends to not be a significant help in actual practice.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

I've actually managed to get some non-Arthur, non-berserker units to hit up a crit rate of 50+% against foes without the use of killer weapons; forged weapons are ultimately better (particularly iron or steel ones), even though they never get a crit stat of anywhere above 15, because they always have higher hit rates and higher might stats after a certain level of forgery while maintaining a higher crit rate than average weapons. The idea is to get a character with super high skill/luck stat and slap some crit-boosting skills on the unit. But even having a 20% critical chance is considered to be "high", because one-out-of-five times, you'll critical, which in practice is a lot.

Arthur's 80-100% crit rate is definitely overkill, especially with his major classes giving him a strength boost and skill naturally boosting` his hit rate and, from what I'm hearing, a lack of dodge stats among the enemies. He'll pretty much always kill the enemy unless they have high defense and aren't an armored unit (or have anti critical/bonus damage skills). You should still use him regardless of his critical ability if only for his superb justice-dealing personality. He even gives lectures on the subtle yet distinct difference between justice and vengeance!

Awekening on Scarlet is broken even more in combination with vantage. As long as she is under 25% max health she gets: +30 Hit, Avoid and Crit Avoid and +60 Krit. Give her the Master Ninja class and she kills EVERYTHING (except the guys with spy weapons which I can count with one hand.)

"Lack of dodge stats"? "Especially late game"?? Err, I'm not sure we're playing the same game. Having the natural dodge bonuses of Holy Lancers, Great Masters, and Master Ninja thrown in the trash has made quite a difference for me considering how often the game loves making me miss 85-95% chance crits. Don't those classes show up fairly often in later Conquest and Revelations? It's also not too uncommon to find enemies using bronze weapons in Revelations' challenges.

It's probably just because I use Arthur so much that I notice the difference, though. On paper, it doesn't sound that special, but in practice, you really start to appreciate the 100% crit after the game gyps you out of several in the 90's.

Edited by Delfino

"Lack of dodge stats"? "Especially late game"?? Err, I'm not sure we're playing the same game. Having the natural dodge bonuses of Holy Lancers, Great Masters, and Master Ninja thrown in the trash has made quite a difference for me considering how often the game loves making me miss 85-95% chance crits. Don't those classes show up fairly often in later Conquest and Revelations? It's also not too uncommon to find enemies using bronze weapons in Revelations' challenges.

It's probably just because I use Arthur so much that I notice the difference, though. On paper, it doesn't sound that special, but in practice, you really start to appreciate the 100% crit after the game gyps you out of several in the 90's.

Great Masters don't have Ddg bonuses. Also, just how relevant are those other classes you mentioned? And my "especially late game" comment is because most enemies then are using Silver, Rabbit Spirit or Ragnarok, which junks their crit evade - I'd find it hard to say that Arthur's personal makes much of a difference in practice when enemies in general are all too happy to blow up their crit evade on their own.

Great Masters don't have Ddg bonuses. Also, just how relevant are those other classes you mentioned? And my "especially late game" comment is because most enemies then are using Silver, Rabbit Spirit or Ragnarok, which junks their crit evade - I'd find it hard to say that Arthur's personal makes much of a difference in practice when enemies in general are all too happy to blow up their crit evade on their own.

Apologies, I guess I was thinking about their un-promoted selves. But I do know that I've seen classes with natural dodge often enough in late-game paralogues, Revelations, challenges, and the DLC. That's not factoring in the luck stat, which usually isn't that high for enemies, but crit evade is crit evade. Late game Conquest especially has enemies that opt to use special types of weapons instead of silver ones, so they don't get the dodge penalty.

Listen, I know it's not too often that an enemy has the full 15 dodge to be lost from Arthur's personal, but even when it kicks off just a few percent, it can potentially make the difference. I know you REALLY don't want to believe it, but it's true, especially if you're putting in a lot of work outside of the story chapters. There have been too many times during which I've noticed my Arthur's crit rate get reduced to the 90's when he was dual-striking against an enemy he wasn't in range of. You have no idea how many 85-95% crits I've missed. I've even missed crits at 99%, you know how this game's RNG is. So having that guaranteed 100% without having to be a Berserker has been a load off my back. I'm not saying it constantly makes the world of difference, but hey, extra percent is extra percent.

Apologies, I guess I was thinking about their un-promoted selves. But I do know that I've seen classes with natural dodge often enough in late-game paralogues, Revelations, challenges, and the DLC. That's not factoring in the luck stat, which usually isn't that high for enemies, but crit evade is crit evade. Late game Conquest especially has enemies that opt to use special types of weapons instead of silver ones, so they don't get the dodge penalty.

Listen, I know it's not too often that an enemy has the full 15 dodge to be lost from Arthur's personal, but even when it kicks off just a few percent, it can potentially make the difference. I know you REALLY don't want to believe it, but it's true, especially if you're putting in a lot of work outside of the story chapters. There have been too many times during which I've noticed my Arthur's crit rate get reduced to the 90's when he was dual-striking against an enemy he wasn't in range of. You have no idea how many 85-95% crits I've missed. I've even missed crits at 99%, you know how this game's RNG is. So having that guaranteed 100% without having to be a Berserker has been a load off my back. I'm not saying it constantly makes the world of difference, but hey, extra percent is extra percent.

Well, aside from the fact that I consider Arthur one of the lesser units in Fates thanks to being the epitome of a reset hazard, another reason I don't consider it notable is that my strategies generally don't revolve around critical hits anyhow.

Well, aside from the fact that I consider Arthur one of the lesser units in Fates thanks to being the epitome of a reset hazard, another reason I don't consider it notable is that my strategies generally don't revolve around critical hits anyhow.

Well mine do (for Arthur, anyway), and it's been working out great for me! If that's not how you roll, though, then it's completely understandable how it'd be more of a hindrance than a help for you. I apologize if I got defensive.

Well mine do (for Arthur, anyway), and it's been working out great for me! If that's not how you roll, though, then it's completely understandable how it'd be more of a hindrance than a help for you. I apologize if I got defensive.

It's not a problem. Aside from that, I consider the Great Club's 45 base hit a dealbreaker - it doesn't mean much to have a sky-high crit chance if my hit rate is crap, and then there's the Ddg penalty on top of that.