This might sound a little weird, but is there anyway someone can add Layla into Fates as a playable Dancer?

Very odd question... But I have this desire to add her into the game, even supportless, with Olivia's model and stats? Or just a edited Azura model? I think this would be awesome, or maybe I'm just crazy.

Not really, the dancer class doesn't exist in fates, there's no animations for it. I mean I suppose it's physically possible, but I don't think the equipment to do it realistically exists at the moment.

Youll have to wait for emulators and ROMs to catch up to the 3DS era first. I dabbled in ROM hacking for the GBA games and technically speaking ripping the Olivia animation from Awakening and inserting it into Fates shouldnt be all too hard if a proper tool can be made to do such a thing. In the past Nightmare and Feditor handled the job but the animations were much much different and are reliant on 3D models and not sprite sheets. As for inserting her into the story and giving her dialogue that also isnt hard if someone can create a Feditor with a text changing ability. I completely added in Leila as a functioning character with dialogue and purpose in FE7 and it only took about 3 hours. So just wait for the Emulators and ROM hacking folk to catch up and create tools and Im sure youll see a playable Layla in no time. It should be noted that itll probably be many many years before this becomes a reality. 3DS emulators are currently in a very early stage due to encryption difficulties.

It's a bit tough since IIRC Layla has no assets in Fates except her 2D portrait.

Maybe find a character with similar face and hair as her? Then try and recolour the hair and mod Azura's dress textures?

I do think it would be a fun--if very hard--project though.

Edited by VincentASM