Silas somehow got Natural Cover

EDIT: It has been solved - Silas is married to Knight!Corrin, so the Partner Seal provides the Knight re-class option. This causes the game to give him Knight Skills, as he cannot go back to the Knight form, and has essentially "missed out" on the Knight skills.

---

ORIGINAL POST:

I'm on my first play through of Conquest, having already completed a single run of Birthright on the same game card.

On "Prologue 5: Bold Approach", the chapter in which you recruit his child, Sophie, he got the kill on the final boss, hit level 8, then received "Natural Cover" as a new skill. I have no idea how this happened, but if anyone does know if there's something I'm missing, I'd love to know. I've probably been missing out on various other skills for my parent characters :P

Other information, if it helps:

> He is a Great Knight, of course promoted from a cavalier (i.e. no reclassing)

> He is married to the Avatar (+Def, -Mag, Alt: Knight), and I completed Kana's chapter first

> I played both Kana's and Spohie's chapters immediately after completing "Chapter 22: Sakura", which is when they hit S support

> Two of the six villagers survived the chapter (those damn berserkers are a real pain :P )

> The three berserkers who spawn in the top-right corner, as well as the stationary general on the central island, were the only enemy units alive at the time of killing the boss

This is something I don't remember ever happening during my Birthright run, so if anyone knows what happened here, that's be great, thanks :D

Happy Conquesting :)

Edited by thyrandomninja

Great Knight is a promotion shared by the Knight and Cavalier classes, so the game treats Silas as also having the Knight class tree since he is married to your Knight talent avatar.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Great Knight is a promotion shared by the Knight and Cavalier classes, so the game treats Silas as also having the Knight class tree since he is married to your Knight talent avatar.

That's weird... so is this a rule for all parent characters? How specific is it (if Avatar was a mage, would it have given him +2 Magic? If he married Effie, would he also have gotten Natural Cover?)? This is his first outing since hitting S rank, so presumably that's why it happened now. thanks for the reply :)

That's weird... so is this a rule for all parent characters? How specific is it (if Avatar was a mage, would it have given him +2 Magic? If he married Effie, would he also have gotten Natural Cover?)? This is his first outing since hitting S rank, so presumably that's why it happened now. thanks for the reply :)

Not really - it can happen if a character has access to two unpromoted classes that share a promotion (Case in point: Midori. She starts as an Apothecary, but also has Ninja as a class option. Both can promote into Mechanist. So if Midori promotes into Mechanist, she can pick up the ninja skills if she didn't have them already).

Not really - it can happen if a character has access to two unpromoted classes that share a promotion (Case in point: Midori. She starts as an Apothecary, but also has Ninja as a class option. Both can promote into Mechanist. So if Midori promotes into Mechanist, she can pick up the ninja skills if she didn't have them already).

Oh, so Silas got it because the Partner Seal now gives him access to the Knight class. I get it now :) For example, if Selena and Niles got together, and both promoted to Bow Knight, they'd get each other's mercenary and outlaw skills because they now have access through the Partner Seal. And presumably there's a lot of potential for the children characters because of their parents' classes. Thanks again :D

This also works for friendship classes as well. Example: Laslow gets A+ support with Keaton, and Keaton passes fighter, while Laslow passes Mercenary. Laslow gets fighter skills as a Hero, and Keaton gets Mercenary skills as a Hero too.

I figured as much, thank you :)