When is the right moment to change my class?

Manzor

Hello all, first of all, I am new in the forums but I have been watching them as unregistered user for some time. I think this is the best fire emblem site out there and now I need your help. I have a doubt that I can't solve using wikis or maybe I don't get it. Maybe you could give some good advices.

I am playing revelations in Fire Emblem Fates and recently I got the witch mark to change any female character into witch. And I have a lot of doubts.

When should I use it? Should I use it on low level character, unpromoted characters, or on the contrary, on high level and/or promoted characers? I fear that if I use it too late, I will lose skills, and if I use it too soon I will lose levels to grow in the unpromoted class.

I don't even know if witch count as promoted or unpromoted class.

Can someone help me, please?

Witch is a special class, which can level up to 40. Also, you can pick up missed skills by just leveling up in the class.

Witch is a special class, which can level up to 40. Also, you can pick up missed skills by just leveling up in the class.

But will my character be stronger if I wait to change her class? Should I wait to promote her at least?

Edited by Manzor

But will my character be stronger if I wait to change her class? Should I wait to promote her at least?

As stated earlier, Witch is a special class, so there's no need to hold back on class changing her to a Witch if you want to.

it'd depend on the unit's class if they want to reclass earlier or later for skills. Witch itself doesn't have anything really interesting except Warp.

earlier is better if there's no skills you want in the unit's base class line since Witch has Tier 2 lvl base stats (and even then, you could always buy the skills instead). if you use it on a tier 1 and go from Lvl 20 to 21, you save 1 Master Seal, too.

Witch has the highest Mag growth (tied with Sorc) so waiting will never make you stronger. Witch also has 20 Spd growth so that's a great boon. ofc, Witch is a glass cannon so...

Edited by GoXDS

Ok, thank you. So I "can" change the class to witch without fear... there is only one more thing... I will lose all the skills that I didn't get in the original class, BEFORE changing class, am I right? So, the final skills of let's say, augur, will be lost forever right? To get all skills of my original class and the new class, witch, should I wait? Or can I get that skills in some other way?

I am really sorry to be so stubborn, and I really thank you for your help.

EDIT: I post this before reading the last message. Now I understand better. Thank you all ^^

Edited by Manzor

whenever you lvl, the game checks if you missed any skills, including in a lower tier. if you did, it'll learn it. so if you are a Lvl 5 Dark Mage, go to Witch, Lvl to 35, then reclass back to Sorc, you'll be Lvl 15. at 16, you'll learn the Dark Mage Lvl 10 skill, then at 17, you'll learn Sorc Lvl 5, then at 18, Sorc Lvl 15. and earlier skills take priority over current lvl skills. so if you went Witch to Sorc at Lvl 34 instead to be Lvl 14 Sorc, you won't learn the Lvl 15 skill at Lvl 15, but the Lvl 10 Dark Mage skill first

Edited by GoXDS

whenever you lvl, the game checks if you missed any skills, including in a lower tier. if you did, it'll learn it. so if you are a Lvl 5 Dark Mage, go to Witch, Lvl to 35, then reclass back to Sorc, you'll be Lvl 15. at 16, you'll learn the Dark Mage Lvl 10 skill, then at 17, you'll learn Sorc Lvl 5, then at 18, Sorc Lvl 15. and earlier skills take priority over current lvl skills. so if you went Witch to Sorc at Lvl 34 instead to be Lvl 14 Sorc, you won't learn the Lvl 15 skill at Lvl 15, but the Lvl 10 Dark Mage skill first

I didn't understand this mechanic, in my first playthroughs, in birthright and conquest, I didn't experiment with them. So, if I get to max level with some class, I won't be able to get the max level skills of some different class because I can't get more levels t learn them. Ok.

And once used the witch item to change class (for example) and reverting the change to return to the original class, can I go again to the witch or will I need the same item (the witch item) again?

Edited by Manzor

I didn't understand this mechanic, in my first playthroughs, in birthright and conquest, I didn't experiment with them. So, if I get to max level with some class, I won't be able to get the max level skills of some different class because I can't get more levels t learn them. Ok.

And once used the witch item to change class (for example) and reverting the change to return to the original class, can I go again to the witch or will I need the same item (the witch item) again?

Nope, if you go to a special class like Witch and then return to a normal class, you won't be able to return to the Witch class, unless you have another Witch Mark

Nope, if you go to a special class like Witch and then return to a normal class, you won't be able to return to the Witch class, unless you have another Witch Mark

Ok, I think all my doubts are solved. Thank you again.

That's wrong - once you go to a special class, you can go back to it with a Heart Seal if you reclass out.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Actually, you can return to the Witch class by using a Heart Seal.

The same applies to any special class I believe.

That's wrong - once you go to a special class, you can go back to it with a Heart Seal if you reclass out.

Actually, you can return to the Witch class by using a Heart Seal.

The same applies to any special class I believe.

Ah, looks like I made a mistake.

But It's strange, I was sure that It wasn't possibile, since I promoted Camilla to a great lord and then reclassed her to a Wyvern Lord, but when I reclassed her again, the Great Lord option wasn't present. I should have checked it better.

Ok, I think all my doubts are solved. Thank you again.

It's actually possible to promote a unit into the Witch class and then reclass it to a normal class.

I apologize for giving you misinformation.