Lloyd/Linus carrying Runesword in Cog of Destiny

Admiral "Bull" Halsey

Not so long ago I've been playing JP FE7 Cog of Destiny chapter and as soon as I confront Lloyd I viewed his Personal Data: Possession Item. I soon noticed that he carryed a Runesword(which happen to be my least favourite weapon in the game) on this map. If I recall in the NA FE7 Version Lloyd was carrying a Light Brand on Cog of Destiny. If you see the augury, you'll see that Nils mentions the presence of a "cursed blade," and I would assume that he's talking about "Runesword". I highly doubt Light Brand would be a "cursed blade" which only appears in the JP version. So I would assume that NA made another mistranslation. And if I'm also correct Linus would probably carry the Runesword as well.

n753780525_2326719_6271.jpg

In my attempt to make FE6 harder I gave a runesword to Kel/Gel... It was hell.

Runesword increases his survivability by a bit, but it is truly dangerous in FE6 where it doesn't half strength and can get critical hits. Besides having Nino talk to Lloyd will make him stalk (actually get up off the throne), not sure if it happened on the JP version, since I only played it like 2 times.

I actually personally found the light brand more dangerous, I least he can critical at close range and had slightly better hit. But either was easy, just use Lucies/Serra for JP lloyd or Erk/Pent/Nino/Priscilla for NA Lloyd. Although I think he had higher stats on the Japanese version.

In my attempt to make FE6 harder I gave a runesword to Kel/Gel... It was hell.

Runesword increases his survivability by a bit, but it is truly dangerous in FE6 where it doesn't half strength and can get critical hits. Besides having Nino talk to Lloyd will make him stalk (actually get up off the throne), not sure if it happened on the JP version, since I only played it like 2 times.

I actually personally found the light brand more dangerous, I least he can critical at close range and had slightly better hit. But either was easy, just use Lucies/Serra for JP lloyd or Erk/Pent/Nino/Priscilla for NA Lloyd. Although I think he had higher stats on the Japanese version.

Actually Runesword in FE6 is the same in FE7 but the differences is the hit.

What I don't like about Runesword is that its no better than a Nosferatu dark tome but for potential sword-users only. Runesword can't even get a critical at a near range whereas Nosferatu can in any situations. Runesword also have a use of 15...?! even Nosferatu has more use than that and its much easier to go to waste seeing as Runesword is not that strong. So its pretty pointless to use and Light Brand has more use as well. If any high-range swords other than Runesword or Light Brand, I consider Wind Sword to be my favorite just because of the effects against the flyers which is quite gruesome, it can also critical at a near distances kinda like Light Brand and it has the use of 40. Very useful. Plus I always like Aircalibur/Excalibur animations just because its much cooler than Nosferatu and Light Brand IMO.

Actually Runesword in FE6 is the same in FE7 but the differences is the hit.

I'm not too sure what you meant by that. I assume you meant the stat "Hit".

You're right that the Runesword is (almost) the same, but the damage/critical calculations for it are different.

I'm not too sure what you meant by that. I assume you meant the stat "Hit".

You're right that the Runesword is (almost) the same, but the damage/critical calculations for it are different.

I meant the weapon hit. By using your website of the weapon info I compared the Runesword between FE6 and FE7. FE6's have a hit of 60% while FE7's have a hit of 65%.

You must keep in mind the Runesword is capable of performing critical hits in FE6 both at melee and range. Plus it's sword affinity not dark (even at range). And is also doesn't half strength (say someone using the runesword has 26 STR, in FE7 it would be 26/2 =13 +12= 25 dark attack, but in FE6 it's 26+12 or 38 sword attack).

In addition to the runesword being stronger in FE6 the light brand is in general weaker (only capable of dealing 10 damage at range, hit's for DEF instead of RES).

And yeah Wind Sword>Light Brand>Runesword... in FE7

You must keep in mind the Runesword is capable of performing critical hits in FE6 both at melee and range. Plus it's sword affinity not dark (even at range). And is also doesn't half strength (say someone using the runesword has 26 STR, in FE7 it would be 26/2 =13 +12= 25 dark attack, but in FE6 it's 26+12 or 38 sword attack).

In addition to the runesword being stronger in FE6 the light brand is in general weaker (only capable of dealing 10 damage at range, hit's for DEF instead of RES).

Are you sure? Because according to Vincent's site on FE6's weapons list Runesword has a critical rate of 0% it will take a high protential sword-users with much high Luck in order for them to critical with a Runesword in this game. I used Vincent's site to compared the two weapons: Runesword and Light Brand between both FE6's and FE7's and its most likely the same thing except again Runesword has a hit of 60% which is much lower than the ones in FE7 which have 65%. So theoretically, Runesword in FE6 is much weaker comparing to the Runesword in FE7 because of the 60% and the 65% hit. Light Brand on the other hand, is the same as usual: 9Wt 9Mt 70Hit 0Crt.

Are you sure? Because according to Vincent's site on FE6's weapons list Runesword has a critical rate of 0% it will take a high protential sword-users with much high Luck in order for them to critical with a Runesword in this game. I used Vincent's site to compared the two weapons: Runesword and Light Brand between both FE6's and FE7's and its most likely the same thing except again Runesword has a hit of 60% which is much lower than the ones in FE7 which have 65%. So theoretically, Runesword in FE6 is much weaker comparing to the Runesword in FE7 because of the 60% and the 65% hit. Light Brand on the other hand, is the same as usual: 9Wt 9Mt 70Hit 0Crt.

1. Luck doesn't effect characters characters critical in neither FE6 or FE7. It effects characters crit avo, though.

2. The only advantage FE7 Runesword has is 5 more hit.

3. FE6 Runesword however can actually critical while FE7 version can't at all.

4. FE6 Runesword uses full strength to calculate damage, where as FE version uses strength / 2.

5. In FE6, Swordmasters have +30 critical boost.

8. In FE6, Light Brand only causes 10 HP damage at range.

9. Lycku numba sevan!!!!

10. Stats arent everything.

1. Luck doesn't effect characters characters critical in neither FE6 or FE7. It effects characters crit avo, though.

Like YOU said it effects characters Crit, Avo which I just finished saying.

5. In FE6, Swordmasters have +30 critical boost.

I wasn't really counting Swordmasters in this game seeing as their broken....

In FE6, Light Brand only causes 10 HP damage at range.

So is FE7 and FE8

Stats arent everything.

And yes of course stats means everything, they affect weapons stats as well

Also you list is out of order. You listed them as 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, and 10 <_<

I couldn't find a video of the critical animation, but I have seen it like 100 times myself. It's the same as normal accept the sword flashes when he lifts it above his head (this holds true for most classes, although their are a few exception like the swordmaster and king).

Also the only hacking in that video was the English patch, which doesn't change anything other then text (well technically it changes a couple graphics and scrolling data, but that's for text anyway). The 99 use weapons were just cheats, which can't change weapons stats, only uses and which weapons you have.

runesword = weak

but if you give it to a really strong sword user and put him/her in front of many enemies, he/she will pwn cuz of all the health recovery

runesword = weak

but if you give it to a really strong sword user and put him/her in front of many enemies, he/she will pwn cuz of all the health recovery

Regardless of whom you give Runesword to it doesn't make any difference at all. Runesword in infact weak. It couldn't deal that much damage as oppose to any other near-range swords. Especially when oppose to Light Brand and Wind Sword which they actually can deal a heavy damage in near-range. Plus, it could easily go to waste seeing as Runesword has a use of 15. I'd say its a complete waste.